Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Ellis and Naish have never had a good boot on them. Complete misnomer.

thats a misconception red.

if we called Naishy superboot, it'd be a misnomer.

When he weighted that 50m pass to Jack early, I thought, 'here we go!'

and that, essentially, became his career highlight.

thats a misconception red.

if we called Naishy superboot, it'd be a misnomer.

When he weighted that 50m pass to Jack early, I thought, 'here we go!'

and that, essentially, became his career highlight.
The term "nice kick" and "nice left foot" was used for both of them hence the "nice" misnomer. But yeah. Misconception. Better word.

Both are/were average kicks of the football and nothing more. Ellis in particular used to worm burn the football and then miss a target by 10 feet into open space with no pressure on, forcing team mates to pick it up, and in turn, stuff up the link and movement of the ball further up the ground. He'd hit a target lace out one in ten and people would go "ooooh such a nice kick".

Reactions: 1 user
I'm probably the only person on this forum that still thinks that Ross can be a good player.

It began last year when they got him to change his body shape to Jordan McMahons and play on the back flank. Then this year he's been a medical sub multiple times, has only had minimal minutes in the middle and they're now trying to change him into Vlastuin. All over the place just like our game plan.

I refuse to believe that the inside mid of 2019 has just lost all ability.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Rossy was just as culpable as Naish for the missed tackles on the blonde rabbit
Yep , there was a couple other poor efforts in the tackle department that have been overlooked .

I feel for the kid , I think it’s been a rare bad management of him this year , however I highly doubt now his going to make the grade , looks berthed of confidence, in saying that Id keep,playing him , however let him get some midfield minutes

Reactions: 1 user
Yep , there was a couple other poor efforts in the tackle department that have been overlooked .

I feel for the kid , I think it’s been a rare bad management of him this year , however I highly doubt now his going to make the grade , looks berthed of confidence, in saying that Id keep,playing him , however let him get some midfield minutes
Really gone backwards since his first year.
He has gone from Mark Couglan part 2 to Tim Herman in 3 years

Stepped up when it was needed. That's more like the Ross I remember

Reactions: 2 users
Ross is ripper young fella and is being asked to play a role he is totally unsuited to but still ran his guts out all night on the wing.

Reactions: 6 users
A must keep player for mine. Play him through the middle at all times.

Reactions: 1 users
Best game in a long time. Effort was first rate. Bloke has been thrown around a lot. Fair bit of character about what we did tonight.

Reactions: 7 users