Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
He’s 187cm, 85kg which is bigger that Cotchin, Graham, Lambert, Prestia. Hardly undersized. Lacking aerobically? His latest summer report said his running has improved such that he is winning some of the trial. I’ll give you the kicking so I guess that’s one out of three.

yeah never thought of him as being "undersized" before. Shedda of 8 years ago, now that was undersized.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Put himself about nicely at the Hawks game today with a mix of skill using the ball well, hardness at the ball and good running. Still makes mistakes but worth his place in the 22.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
At best solid.
Didn't show much though.
With no Graham or Lambert he is a persist.
If he gets a long run of games it will be interesting to see if he can elevate.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Pickett for mine
Ross is an inside mid he doesn’t appear to be suited to play wing
Appears Stack played on a wing in the reserves. Perhaps he could make a run at the role?

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Appears Stack played on a wing in the reserves. Perhaps he could make a run at the role?
The non-Kmac wing is one of our concerns atm imo.
Ross is an inside mid that is trying to build a motor for outside as the MC desperately try and find a role for him in the team.
He lacks the pace and skills for the wing role (no left foot, high up and under right foot).
Ralphsmith has the motor but not yet the body and experience.
Marlion is my preferred wingman but seems to be on the outer for some reason.
I like the trial of Stack on the wing in the ressies; he has oodles of x but the motor for wing is still a work in progress.
They are making both Marlion and Stack work hard for their spots pre-season but both need to be in our R1 side imo.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Why not Jayden Short? I like Ross, he's hard and plays to his role, BUT.....he has to stop telegraphing his kicks, way to easy to predict.
Too “short”. He’s not gonna take too many marks or out bustle an opponent or fill the hole too many times out on the wing Jayden I wouldn’t have thought.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I'm not a fan but he had a good game yesterday. Be surprised if he is not in the side Rd 1.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Needs to play round 1 as an inside mid. Playing well enough and deserves an opportunity.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Looks like Stacky may have a say in that on his VFl form.
I would be amazed if Stack plays more than a few minutes on the wing at AFL level this year. too much running.
i would assume his VFL role was just to give him a run around and to get him involved.