Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Had equal most disposals (26), equal most marks (6), most effective disposals (20), 6th highest disposal efficiency (2nd of non-backman 76.9%) most score involvements (12), 3rd most contested possies (9), 2nd most clearances (5). Defensively he was a bit weak but overall personally I think this classes as a bit better than just an ok game. Well done Ross.

Reactions: 19 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Minimal impact when he went on ball. It was about the time he did that Port got on top.
I think we have to do better but we have others that are worse to move on first.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Got some of the ball but wasn’t very decisive or impactful with it.

Need better.

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Had equal most disposals (26), equal most marks (6), most effective disposals (20), 6th highest disposal efficiency (2nd of non-backman 76.9%) most score involvements (12), 3rd most contested possies (9), 2nd most clearances (5). Defensively he was a bit weak but overall personally I think this classes as a bit better than just an ok game. Well done Ross.
Does little things that hates don't see.

Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Minimal impact when he went on ball. It was about the time he did that Port got on top.
I think we have to do better but we have others that are worse to move on first.
I don't think that's true.

He attended a heap of centre bounces in the first half, then started the 2nd half at half forward for the 4 goals in a row for Port.

I was really frustrated with how few CB he attended in the second half, until late, but it may have been management. He didn't have a great lead in from preseason. Baker seemed to take his spot on the centre for most of the 2nd half.

I think people really have their blinders on with Ross.

It's really clear at the game how he is one of the few (only?) one of our players who doesn't panic under pressure. Today he was statistically our best Midfielder, but, more importantly, visually effective. Compare him to Tarranto who had almost the same stats, but less than half as many inside 50's. Ross Also had 12 score involvements (team high), when we could barely score.

First for SI, clearances, disposals, (quirkily contested marks - 1) and went at 77% DE which is low for him, but better than any other inside player today, bar Baker.

The thing that really reinforced his value, for me, was the little handball from inside to outside in the centre, which led to Baker's goal on the 3 qtr time siren.

That was the Edward's type movement we haven't had since he retired. It looks simple on the replay but it was instinctive, clean and made a pressure situation an easy inside 50. We simply don't have that in our side. No one does it, not Hopper, not Taranto, not even Bolton (although he can do the inside to outside on his own).

Ross, McAuliffe, Sonsie should be at the majority of our CB for next week.

Reactions: 17 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Yes he was. He & Dow were sharing the duties.
Just looked because I thought I was going mad.

First CB of the 2nd half was Taranto, Baker, and Dow.

2nd CB after the Dixon goal was Taranto, Baker and Dusty,

3rd was Dow, Bolton and Baker

At this point Port have kicked 3 quick goals to start the quarter, and Ross is moved back into the centre.

Bolton, Taranto and Ross moves to the centre, we win the clearance, Port rebound and goal

Then we get Taranto, Dusty and Ross, win a clearance and eventually goal.

So I think it's a bit much to say Ross and Dow were sharing it. Lots of Taranto, Baker, Bolton and Dusty getting runover. Ross spent a lot more of the second half of the third in the centre, and I think we went 3 and 3 for goals after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005

At this point Port have kicked 3 quick goals to start the quarter, and Ross is moved back into the centre.

Bolton, Taranto and Ross moves to the centre, we win the clearance, Port rebound and goal

So I think it's a bit much to say Ross and Dow were sharing it. Lots of Taranto, Baker, Bolton and Dusty getting runover. Ross spent a lot more of the second half of the third in the centre, and I think we went 3 and 3 for goals after that.
Nice research, I am sure you will get an apology haha.

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
You know why he has minimal impact on ball. Cos he aint an on baller. Not a very good one anyway. He's good at mopping up sometimes. He's more composed than some. And disposal is mostly good. But he aint no permanent mid.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
The least of our problems. Definitely best 22 and should play mostly on ball. Offers much more than Flappers, Pickett, Dow and Banks. Better than Taranto on current form!

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

I mentioned it in the game day thread. Out starting centre bounce trio for the first 3 quarters was Dow Baker Taranto. Frustrated the hell out of me because they got torched each time.

Ross was definitely not in there.

Our midfield dynamic definitely changed when Bolton and Ross played there.

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Yze is his presser said that Ross will be given more opportunity next week in the guts.

Clearly liked what he saw.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

TimeToRoar

Tiger Superstar
Apr 13, 2014

Coburgtiger is correct. At the ground we could not believe Ross did not start 4Q in the middle. 4min into 4Q they kicked 3 goals. Game over. Not saying Ross would have stopped them getting all 3, but he did have an influence when in the guts.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
You know why he has minimal impact on ball. Cos he aint an on baller. Not a very good one anyway. He's good at mopping up sometimes. He's more composed than some. And disposal is mostly good. But he aint no permanent mid.
Well, which is it? He ain't an onballer, or he ain't no onballer?

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Jack played midfield and got 25 disposals, 4 clearances and laid 5 tackles on debut against Port Adelaide 5 years ago.......................he's hardly played in the guts since:unsure:

Reactions: 1 users