Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The way Shorty is going this year he could well go to the reserves.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
he's tough, gets stuck in.

glad for him after much maligned on here by many

Reactions: 9 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
By every published number Ross was down today. SI. Touches. Clearance. CBA massively up for zip. Turnover off the charts.

All the numbers said sheiserhausen.

They lied.

Brave Jack Ross levelled up today. Yeah. He got tired. Cracking in tires you. But he did crack in. Two weeks in a row. Buy in from Jack Ross. Maturing.

Reactions: 7 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
By every published number Ross was down today. SI. Touches. Clearance. CBA massively up for zip. Turnover off the charts.

All the numbers said sheiserhausen.

They lied.

Brave Jack Ross levelled up today. Yeah. He got tired. Cracking in tires you. But he did crack in. Two weeks in a row. Buy in from Jack Ross. Maturing.
I loved his game. Went head to head with many of Sydnees vaunted midfield & held his own. Big win.

Reactions: 9 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Thought he was barely visible today, just normal service resumed really. Not sure if he fits there if Hopper/Prestia are back. It may come down to a choice between Dow & Ross. Reckon Dow has more upside.

But as a unit we bettered their midfield so all must have played their part.

One thing that mattered was Nank beating Grundy. That was huge.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Played a more defensive role in the midfield and did his job.

Hunted the footy at the source and didn’t give the Sydney midfield any easy outlets.

Reactions: 4 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I thought he was down a little this week.

Looked to be trying to find the pace of the game in the clinches.

But fought hard and contributed. He had one massive tackle in the third on a Sydney big bloke, who, running at full pace, got picked up and turned arse over tit.

The TV broadcast barely showed it, but it was a big moment at the game.

A few around me asked 'Who was THAT?'

He needs a few more games in the centre to see what happens when he adapts.

He is always trying to create, even under pressure.

Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
He doesn’t hurt the oppo enough. Yes I know he had a defensive role but our momentum dies when he has the ball.

Thought he had a poor, inoffensive game and with the VFL performing well I’d have him out, take the opportunity to upgrade the team.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Gee he played well.
Often had quick hands, composed and gave off quickly to keep the ball moving to the outside.
Importantly he was terrific defensively. Kept our shape around the packs which allowed Shai to take the attacking risks.
Tended to sit on Heeney Warner or Gulden. Elite players and they got no space from Rossy.
How good was the slamdown tackle on Warner!!

Reactions: 7 users

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
Coming along nicely number one defenceive ulrunner on the ground this week clearly played a different role but did it well looks so comlosed now with everything he does never rushed or flustered

Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
He doesn’t hurt the oppo enough. Yes I know he had a defensive role but our momentum dies when he has the ball.

Thought he had a poor, inoffensive game and with the VFL performing well I’d have him out, take the opportunity to upgrade the team.
Last week he had 12 score involvements.

He was a little less effective this week, I agree. Finally in the centre and getting used to the pace. He does things in tight to create that not many can. But I think you're seeing what you have already decided you're going to see.

Reactions: 5 users