Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Deserves a stack of brownie points for accidentally nudging Duursma into the fence.

yes, but he undermined a lot of his good work by going all Florence Nightingale and assisting him to his feet.

Ive been thinking about our centre square set up over the weekend,

and im going to share a controversial thought .......

our old brigade is so good and reliable, they are stifling the kids (and a man's) development.

we should be setting up with $hai, Jack G, Jack Ross (not at the same time), Marlion, Dow, Stackman, bakes

more often,

and win premierships with a succession plan in place.

sheds on a wing, cotchy on a HBF, Dusty at FF for longer stretches.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
yes, but he undermined a lot of his good work by going all Florence Nightingale and assisting him to his feet.

Ive been thinking about our centre square set up over the weekend,

and im going to share a controversial thought .......

our old brigade is so good and reliable, they are stifling the kids (and a man's) development.

we should be setting up with $hai, Jack G, Jack Ross (not at the same time), Marlion, Dow, Stackman, bakes

more often,

and win premierships with a succession plan in place.

sheds on a wing, cotchy on a HBF, Dusty at FF for longer stretches.
Not too much wrong with a touch of Florence Nightingale after the offence. What were your thoughts after the Clench nailed Flossy n the Crowbait in consecutive games n showed absolutely nil respect or concern on either occasion?

100% agree with your thoughts on our midfield set up n exposing our next gen kids to more of it.

• Love

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Not too much wrong with a touch of Florence Nightingale after the offence. What were your thoughts after the Clench nailed Flossy n the Crowbait in consecutive games n showed absolutely nil respect or concern on either occasion?

100% agree with your thoughts on our midfield set up n exposing our next gen kids to more of it.

Things are pretty crook when T-Mas is schooling the big Ease on things fluffy.
Might need to get my head read:D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Can’t say Im overly impressed how he gets used. Outside utility he isn’t.
If he‘s not considered good enough to play inside mid in the seniors then play him in there in the VFL.
The fluffing around is not helping development.
That said it could also be highlighting his limitations & in a rapidly evolving game that may well see him on the outer.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I really feel sorry for Jack Ross.

his football is getting subbed into oblivion.

when he came on, he looked like a bloke who hadn't played for a month.

he warmed up.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Not sure that he is much good but deserves a few full games to prove one way or the other.

The_General

Be the reason someone believes in the good people.
May 4, 2004
In the quarter and a bit he was on, he got a fair chunk of the ball. Certainly more than some of the bigger named players in our team. I think we just got to give him a chance to get into the game.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
9 touches in a quarter & a half. I actually thought he had a decent impact. Full game next week.

I think injury will dictate it.

absolutely murdered a couple of kicks early, but tough gig playing once a month.

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
This bloke appears to have peaked in his first five games. I’ve been a fan but he hasn’t played anywhere near that level after his foot injury. His kicking is atrocious at the moment.

That said this bullshit sub rule is killing him. I’m quite annoyed that Dimma keeps picking him as the sub. The kid is not getting a fair crack at it. I’d like to see him get a few games in the team to see if he can get back that early 2019 form. Reckon that’s only fair.

The club is not handling him well at the moment.

Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The sub rule is killing some player's careers. It has to go.

If they want to have an extra player on the bench so be it, I'll agree with Brad Scott for once - if the sub is a thing it should just be an extra player on the bench.

DS

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The sub rule is killing some player's careers. It has to go.

If they want to have an extra player on the bench so be it, I'll agree with Brad Scott for once - if the sub is a thing it should just be an extra player on the bench.

DS
Agree totally David. This medical sub is *smile* garbage. Typical AFL knee jerk reaction. Players get injured; clubs just need to deal with it.

TT33

GO TIGES!!!
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Agree totally David. This medical sub is *smile* garbage. Typical AFL knee jerk reaction. Players get injured; clubs just need to deal with it.

The "Clarko rule". Once more the AFL knobs have a knee jerk reaction to a sook from Clarkson. They need to stop listening to him

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
It looks to me like we are playing Ross out of position. He’s an inside midfielder and when we play him there he finds the ball and plenty of it. Instead we’ve been trying him in defense or on a wing or worst of all as the sub and his performances suffer accordingly. Every time he goes back to the VFL he puts in a BOG or near BOG performances and shows he is a level above. He just needs an extended run in his preferred position and I think we’ll see the type of form he showed in his first year again.

It’s also worth remembering that Ross is not even 21 yet and only in his third year. I can remember similar questions around Bolton at the same stage of his career and look at him now.

Reactions: 6 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I've been on the record as not being a big fan, but I think with the injuries there's an opportunity for him over the next couple of weeks.

Hope he grabs it.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
He needs continuity in his football.

Don’t blame the sub-rule. Blame the coaches. He has been let down by them. It’s Round 6 and he has barely played a full game of football. Poor management.

Reactions: 4 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
He needs continuity in his football.

Don’t blame the sub-rule. Blame the coaches. He has been let down by them. It’s Round 6 and he has barely played a full game of football. Poor management.

Yeah I agree with that actually. Regardless of whether he's good enough or not, it certainly hasn't helped constantly being the sub and waiting for an injury. Rotate the subs, or just give it to Caddy.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 27, 2011
Going into the season we knew cotch turned 31 and would likely decline , also prestia 29 and given his injury history always a doubt..
Getting games whenever posible into him and other young midfielders should have been a very high priority yet they drop him after the port game , a disgrace...
And don't get me started on aarts getting 6 games , 6 games that should have been put into younger players..

Reactions: 3 users