Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Deserves a stack of brownie points for accidentally nudging Duursma into the fence.

Kid needs to be given a proper run of games to pick up the tempo n find that playing zone. Bloody sub, half a game n then dropped n re subbed n then dropped for game time at VFL then back into the side, would *smile* with anyone's mind set.
Pick the youngster but then make sure they actually get the game opportunity to find their feet n grow. Don't just *smile* them around in circles by making them the maybe, nearly, almost break glass in case of emergency player n then expect them to perform really well.
Great post

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
I honestly can't believe the negativity around Ross. Will be the cornerstone of our midfield for the next ten years.

A lot of doubters will be made to look silly.

Reactions: 11 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I honestly can't believe the negativity around Ross. Will be the cornerstone of our midfield for the next ten years.

Probably the same ones that thought Rance was delist material.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Agree. Got some work to do, but think there’s still something there.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Hope I'm made to look silly. I don't think he's a bum, solid depth player.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

More than happy to be proven wrong. But on what I have seen if he is our midfield’s cornerstone for a decade, we’ll be in strife.

Reactions: 3 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
More than happy to be proven wrong. But on what I have seen if he is our midfield’s cornerstone for a decade, we’ll be in strife.

The key for me though is that to be the cornerstone of the midfield, that is where he needs to play.

I couldn't really work out what his role was the other night, but he didn't get much of a go in the center square for mine.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
The key for me though is that to be the cornerstone of the midfield, that is where he needs to play.

I couldn't really work out what his role was the other night, but he didn't get much of a go in the center square for mine.

We looked a lot better when he moved out and Bolton moved in. If anything, Bolton is more likely to be that cornerstone.

Reactions: 3 users

RUNVS

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2008
Probably the same folk also that thought Edwards & Houli should of got the flick too when they weren't playing so well early days
I don't argue about his commitment, BUT I do think his kicking skills are very average.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
I don't argue about his commitment, BUT I do think his kicking skills are very average.
I would say cotchins isn't much better atm. Which is why i believe we can't play both in the same team, i see them as the same type of player, however cotchins hunger for the man and ball is so much better.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
He attended 6 centre clearances in the first half but 0 in the second , he actually started on the wing 10 times in the second half..
He seems to be a pure inside midfielder who lacks the speed and class to play on the wing/flank so if their is not a spot in the midfield
for him why bother? Just wasting his and everyone elses time..
Would have been better off bringing in you know who who has the speed to play flank/forward at least..

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
My main concern , with him , graham , Cotchin in there all at once it looks a bit one paced and that part is not exactly his fault

I remember a couple of years ago there was a theory here he competes with graham for a spot

It still feels a bit like that to me when Prestia comes back

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Agree.

He wasn't prolific last night, but he was very creative with his hands, not so much in the quick hands sense, but in a decision making and delivery sense. His targets were in space and didn't have to break stride which was giving them a metre or two of extra time relative to some of the handballs from others in our side last night.

You also have to bear in mind his footy has been a bit broken up this year being the sub in the first 2 games.
Which considering our woeful handballing as a whole was a pleasure to watch. The number of times we missed targets or simply handballed to opponents was frustrating to watch.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Deserves a stack of brownie points for accidentally nudging Duursma into the fence.

yes, but he undermined a lot of his good work by going all Florence Nightingale and assisting him to his feet.

Ive been thinking about our centre square set up over the weekend,

and im going to share a controversial thought .......

our old brigade is so good and reliable, they are stifling the kids (and a man's) development.

we should be setting up with $hai, Jack G, Jack Ross (not at the same time), Marlion, Dow, Stackman, bakes

more often,

and win premierships with a succession plan in place.

sheds on a wing, cotchy on a HBF, Dusty at FF for longer stretches.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
yes, but he undermined a lot of his good work by going all Florence Nightingale and assisting him to his feet.

Ive been thinking about our centre square set up over the weekend,

and im going to share a controversial thought .......

our old brigade is so good and reliable, they are stifling the kids (and a man's) development.

we should be setting up with $hai, Jack G, Jack Ross (not at the same time), Marlion, Dow, Stackman, bakes

more often,

and win premierships with a succession plan in place.

sheds on a wing, cotchy on a HBF, Dusty at FF for longer stretches.
Not too much wrong with a touch of Florence Nightingale after the offence. What were your thoughts after the Clench nailed Flossy n the Crowbait in consecutive games n showed absolutely nil respect or concern on either occasion?

100% agree with your thoughts on our midfield set up n exposing our next gen kids to more of it.

• Love

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Not too much wrong with a touch of Florence Nightingale after the offence. What were your thoughts after the Clench nailed Flossy n the Crowbait in consecutive games n showed absolutely nil respect or concern on either occasion?

100% agree with your thoughts on our midfield set up n exposing our next gen kids to more of it.

Things are pretty crook when T-Mas is schooling the big Ease on things fluffy.
Might need to get my head read:D

• Haha
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Can’t say Im overly impressed how he gets used. Outside utility he isn’t.
If he‘s not considered good enough to play inside mid in the seniors then play him in there in the VFL.
The fluffing around is not helping development.
That said it could also be highlighting his limitations & in a rapidly evolving game that may well see him on the outer.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I really feel sorry for Jack Ross.

his football is getting subbed into oblivion.

when he came on, he looked like a bloke who hadn't played for a month.

he warmed up.

Reactions: 2 users