Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
stats are not everything but 26 disposals, 10 marks is a very solid game from the wing

Reactions: 4 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
stats are not everything but 26 disposals, 10 marks is a very solid game from the wing
Still think his best position is ruckrover. If it was me, that’s where I’d play him for the next 3-4 games while Hopper is out to see if he can do it. I’d move Short to a wing & put Pickett back on the other wing.

Reactions: 3 users

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
Was opposed to sam durham for most of the game on the wing not sure id call what he did good lol, but it was better than mcspud

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Top game, great to see some progress from the lad. Nice intercept marks on the wing, reliable by had and foot, even took the game on at times, some nice long shots that just fell short.

Best thing was lowering the eyes and passing to Dusty in the fifty, and i feel like he gave one to Taranto as well, could be wrong on that.

Love to see him continue in this vein.

Reactions: 6 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Top game, great to see some progress from the lad. Nice intercept marks on the wing, reliable by had and foot, even took the game on at times, some nice long shots that just fell short.

Best thing was lowering the eyes and passing to Dusty in the fifty, and i feel like he gave one to Taranto as well, could be wrong on that.

Love to see him continue in this vein.
2 goal assists and 4 score involvements

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Still think his best position is ruckrover. If it was me, that’s where I’d play him for the next 3-4 games while Hopper is out to see if he can do it. I’d move Short to a wing & put Pickett back on the other wing.
That sounds perfect but eff me wont happen

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
I’ve always liked Jack. He’s been played pillar to post which is on Hardwick’s ridiculous obsession of playing players out of position - and that is another problem with team structure, lack of confidence and bloody confusion on the ground.

Jack has played through all of the MC’s mismanagement of him and gives it his all. And he’s improving and he looks like an AFL footballer with grunt and is hard at it.

Just keep playing him Hardwick in the guts for #%^}}># sake !!!!!
Agree but seems to have had his midfield papers stamped like Marlion - they prefer Shorty in there god knows why

Reactions: 2 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Thought he played well in the latter half of last season,

And tonight looked like a continuation of that , has developed a maturity and calmness about him when he has the footy in his hands ,

And I was one of those that wasn’t convinced

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
2 brave excellent kicks in one passage of player in the last quarter ( I think) I thought were huge in getting us into a position to win .

IMHO Jacks going ok , he’s improved but still in that “ foot soldier” mould, yes we need midfield depth , however if JR is a starting wingman ( that’s not a foot soldier) and we have The Skip and Prestia possibly on last legs and Dusty become more forward then middle , that to me means our midfield depth is in trouble

Reactions: 1 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
I actually have Jack Ross pegged as one of our few young leaders. Rate him highly. Is he a gun no but is an improving rock solid type who appears to have a voice out there. Hasn't dropped his head after being poorly managed either!

Reactions: 6 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I actually have Jack Ross pegged as one of our few young leaders. Rate him highly. Is he a gun no but is an improving rock solid type who appears to have a voice out there. Hasn't dropped his head after being poorly managed either!
The thing I like as you say is that he has taken demotions on the chin and gone back and dominated at vfl level.
Shows character

Reactions: 5 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
He's doing fine, we're not going to have 22 stars playing and if he is racking up 26 disposals a game then he is doing his job well.

Reactions: 3 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Agree but seems to have had his midfield papers stamped like Marlion - they prefer Shorty in there god knows why
Marlion almost won a norm.smith playing at centre clearances...what a magnificent game....never been played there since.
That fact marlion is not played as a midfeilder is perplexing

Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Just needs to keep doing the basics well. But I think his confidence is growing, even did a couple of balk and sidesteps.
He’s not a “star” but is consistent and dependable. Every team needs those players.
Good game today

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Just needs to keep doing the basics well. But I think his confidence is growing, even did a couple of balk and sidesteps.
He’s not a “star” but is consistent and dependable. Every team needs those players.
Good game today
Sold a bit of candy.