Jack Ziebell Welcome | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ziebell Welcome

Great to see we’re getting some new blood around the place
Welcome and good luck Jack

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I don't know much about Zeibell, but it is probably an outsider pick to back up the new culture Yze is introducing.

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to JZ. He must have stood out somehow.

Surprising call tho - not like he’s coming from an elite coaching culture or that Lolnorf has any IP we’d want.

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck to JZ. He must have stood out somehow.

Surprising call tho - not like he’s coming from an elite coaching culture or that Lolnorf has any IP we’d want.

To be fair to JZ, whilst he's only coached the North AFLW team as the midfield coach, they actually probably have the most dominant midfield in the comp, perhaps Adelaide might be better but they are either 1 or 2.

Reactions: 1 user
To be fair to JZ, whilst he's only coached the North AFLW team as the midfield coach, they actually probably have the most dominant midfield in the comp, perhaps Adelaide might be better but they are either 1 or 2.
How the wheel has turned. Not long ago Jarrad Waite publicly declared that the boys at North hated Richmond with a passion.

Now we have long time North player in Tarrant saying how much he loved his time at Richmond and there long term captain joins our coaching panel.

Made the joy of those Premierships even better knowing that flogs like Waite would be spitting chips.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Have north asked for a first round draft pick compensation for Ziebell going to the tigers as an assistant coach.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Have north asked for a first round draft pick compensation for Ziebell going to the tigers as an assistant coach.

They've asked for our next 3 first round picks, and the first born sons, of Cotch, Jack, Shai and Dusty.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
280 games, former captain, stuck out for his entire career at a club with a small supporter base *smile* all money n abysmal performance in recent years. Blokes done some hard yards late in his career n stayed loyal, gotta respect that. Early steps into a coaching career so happy to see how he goes along with Ouzo n Newy.

Reactions: 11 users
I had him on my assistant wish list in that thread. Has been a leader at norf for yonks. Hard at it, never say die. Good credentials for a coach

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hope he does well and is a vital cog in our resurgence
But please, leave that “ shinbones spirit” crap at Arden street

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
This is good. For some reason I think really good.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I really like this appointment.

The coaching group feels more rounded with another recently-retired player in it, not to mention a guy who was a respected on-field leader at another club.

Rutten and Teague as the older heads, Yze and Newman as the understudies now stepping up and Lambert and Ziebell fresh out of the game with new ideas.

Good feels.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users