Jack Ziebell Welcome | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ziebell Welcome

How the wheel has turned. Not long ago Jarrad Waite publicly declared that the boys at North hated Richmond with a passion.

Now we have long time North player in Tarrant saying how much he loved his time at Richmond and there long term captain joins our coaching panel.

Made the joy of those Premierships even better knowing that flogs like Waite would be spitting chips.
But Waite had the example of a Scott as a coach. The only culture either of the clones have is hate and aggression.

Reactions: 2 users
How the wheel has turned. Not long ago Jarrad Waite publicly declared that the boys at North hated Richmond with a passion.

Now we have long time North player in Tarrant saying how much he loved his time at Richmond and there long term captain joins our coaching panel.

Made the joy of those Premierships even better knowing that flogs like Waite would be spitting chips.
Aaaahhh, Jarrod Waite. All those years n games playing at Carlscum n #Lolnorf for a grand total of nil premierships and an abiding hatred of Richmond, probably 'coz Balmey tried to decapitate his old man once upon a time. Yep. Reckon he'd be somewhat pissed off that the Tiges grabbed another three flags in quick succession while both his teams are still faffing around with moderate to gross incompetence.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Heard him on SEN the other day. Spoke extremely well. Reckon this is an inspired appointment.

Reactions: 5 users
Good appointment, was a very good footballer in his prime, loyal, former captain.
I don't mind getting players fresh out of the game.

Reactions: 3 users
Just hope Dusty respects and likes him - Ziebell appears modest, tough and understated so I think he will

Reactions: 1 user
like he said what to experience another culture... yes a winning culture that shows respect and plays for eachother.

Just listened to him on with Adam Cooney.... (who must have some seriously compromising photos of Hutchy!)
Reckons Brad Scott will have shaped him in how he goes about his coaching!
Is there a *smile* get out clause in this contract?

Would have been nice to get someone from a winning culture being coached by quality. Not sure learning under Scott and passing that onto our players will be any good.

Give him the benefit as he seems like a quality guy but still would have liked him to come from a successful background

Reactions: 2 users
Jack Ziebell in finals:

Elimination final v Eagles in Perth (lost by 96): 30 disposals, 12 clearances, 18 contested possessions. Aged 21.

Elimination final v Essendon (MCG, won by 12): 12 disposals, 1 goal
Semi final v Geelong (MCG, won by 6): 13 disposals, 2 goals, 8 tackles
Prelim v Sydney (Stadium Aus, lost by 71): 15 disposals, 5 tackles, 11 CPs

Lower numbers I suspect as a result of being moved out of the midfield. With Swallow, Greenwood, Cunnington, tagger Jacobs and Dal Santo in there they were slow enough.

Elimination final v Richmond (MCG, won by 17): 23 disposals, 5 clearances
Semi v Syd (Stadium Aus, won by 26): 25 disposals, 8 clearances, 8 tackles, 9 I50s, 13 CPs
Prelim v West Coast (Perth, lost by 25): 16 disposals, 1 goal, 11 CPs

Elim v Adelaide (AO, lost by 62): 22 disposals, 1 goal

So all up, 8 finals for 4 wins, 4 losses. Two prelims, both losses. Average 19.5 disposals, 4.25 clearances, 0.63 goals, 4.25 tackles, 10.25 CPs.

Reactions: 4 users