Jacob Townsend .. Just asking ... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend .. Just asking ...

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
You are nothing but loyal to your man Gladys' Tiger. You would make a great friend and ally. Towner, if he came back to us would be as a VFL listed player only. I wish the Richmond man all the best.
I would take that .VFL captain along with Coach Morris .....now that a combination......

my love sometime is intense ....its a disorder I am sure ...........

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I would take that .VFL captain along with Coach Morris .....now that a combination......

my love sometime is intense ....its a disorder I am sure ...........
I don't know Jacob's leadership qualities but that is not a dumb suggestion in the least. Two hard at it footballers that leave nothing on the field.

Reactions: 1 user

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
Jesus TrialBV

I had to put up with him going to the bombers and the suns .......................not them .any one but them ...

Reactions: 1 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Jesus TrialBV

I had to put up with him going to the bombers and the suns .......................not them .any one but them ...
I happened to have watched his games as much as I had the opportunity to at both the Bummers and Suns out of interest and fondness for this admirable Richmond man. And ... he is still a useful pressure forward. He still applies fierce pressure around the contest, creates mistakes and turnovers. He can also punish too - reliable kick and competitive mark still. The Opp sure know when he's around and he can still create scoring opportunities by his forward pressure, and cause the ball to get locked in longer. He still proved this in his few games at both these clubs. A dumb delisting by GCS, although there's talk of a rookie place, as he's a type they really need IMO.

Sure, it's his lack of outside pace that lost him his spot at RFC and elsewhere, that's his deficiency. But there is a lot of hype about some players or types that overlooks realities. Compare these 2 below - one is hyped up by AFL media as a budding superstar and sensational talent (on the basis of a couple of great goals in 1st game?), and journeyman, Towner, an AFL battler.

Sure Rankine ahead on Ds & i50s (but no run through the middle likely for JT) , but factor in that he gets 8% more ToG, most differences are negligible. HFF never a high possession position anyway. Towner almost double tackles, CMs and even higher DE% (remember for less ToG). The gap is hardly so wide in performance; just in beat-up!

Would be happy for JT to be back among our VFL leaders if GCS so dumb.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I’d be happy to have him as a VFL player only. The Suns have said they’re open to rerookieing him. If they offer that I think he’ll take it.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Jesus TrialBV

Yes @nswtiger I'm hearing ya...

As the leader of the official JTCS you single handedly convinced Dimma to select him....... promoted his attributes to all on here, thus swelling your cheersquad membership. ..... then had us all ride his wave to cult hero status!

No matter where he goes I'll always feel this strange sense of affinity. He's like the battler in all of us playing out the childhood dream of premiership success with the Tigers.

In the end you never fought hard enough to keep him and when he left a little piece of us all went with him!

So....... it's all your fault..... please do better next time!;)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
gotta feel for this bloke a bit he gets bounced around like a pinball

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
gotta feel for this bloke a bit he gets bounced around like a pinball

hes pocketed over a million bucks for playing footy,

and immortalised himself with a famous role in the greatest premiership in history, 2017.

I dont think he'd accept any pity

Reactions: 3 users

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
bring him home
I reckon there is a role for someone to tag/stop the opposition loose man in defence such as May/Lever, McGovern, Aliir Aliir, Tom Stewart...etc. Townie did it so well in the 2017 finals. Can he do it for a full season 5 years later?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The sun's have just delisted him. idiots!!

he is free to come back home............I know you all want him back, rookie spot at least or pick 7 .I don't care......this pick will bring back some excitement to this draft period ..................which is slowly dying in front of our eyes!!

he can delver what we want ..another premiership!
he has had his holiday in the sun ..is refreshed and WILLING to go again

he has the score on the board ............
Bring him home!!!
Bring him home!!!
Bring him home!!!
Bring him home!!!
Bring him home!!!
Bring him home!!!
Bring him home!!!
Bring him home!!!
Look Out!!! He's up and about :mhihi

Ha Ha Ha good work NSW.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
hes pocketed over a million bucks for playing footy,

and immortalised himself with a famous role in the greatest premiership in history, 2017.

I dont think he'd accept any pity
no pity EzY - he's a journeyman that has a prems medal in his pool room - in what isn't your usual footy career ..

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
The chance to cause a 12 month injury to one of our players with a single tackle in training - not worth the risk.

Love the way he went about it though.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I reckon there is a role for someone to tag/stop the opposition loose man in defence such as May/Lever, McGovern, Aliir Aliir, Tom Stewart...etc. Townie did it so well in the 2017 finals. Can he do it for a full season 5 years later?

I’m happier to just live on the great memory of those special games in 2017 and his general hardness during his time with us - than really think about him coming back.

Of course if he wanted to play VFL for us - it’d be great to watch him at Punt Road on the way to the big game at the ‘G.

But for Towner himself - if he’s not re-rookied at the Suns - I’d prefer he moves on to a successful post-footy career (at one stage he was planning a building apprenticeship I think?) and that we see him at GF reunions and as an occasional homecoming hero - and in watching 2017 GF replays.

Last edited: