Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Towner is one of my all time favourites, the epitome of a Richmond man.

Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It was defining.
I also loved his vicious maiming of Nathan Jones in the goal square.
Jones looked like he had been hit by a car.
Also for kicking the ball into Jake Levers face on 1/4 time by "accident".

Jake "Fists of Fury" Lever said BT at the time, confusing all and sundry.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Towner was never going to be a great player but was there when we needed him and his efforts in his cameo career with the Tigers is made of folk law so will always be one of ours. Will never forget his tackle in the 17 GF that showed the Tigers intent

Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
When Dimma picked him (from memory it was against Freo in the West) he said tongue in cheek "kick 6 for me". And Towner did!
He'll always be a Richmond Hero.

Reactions: 7 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Saw bits of the game and he did OK for the Suns today and kicked a couple of goals

And it was especially good to see him interviewed on the ground after the game. He (obviously) still seems a bit nervous talking publicly and with his stutter - but it was a gutsy effort that sums him up. Well done Towner!

A Tiger hero for sure

Reactions: 12 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Saw bits of the game and he did OK for the Suns today and kicked a couple of goals

And it was especially good to see him interviewed on the ground after the game. He (obviously) still seems a bit nervous talking publicly and with his stutter - but it was a gutsy effort that sums him up. Well done Towner!

A Tiger hero for sure
Good on him. Will always be a Tiger legend with what he did in the last part of 2017.

That stutter is what Jake 'Fists of Fury' Lever was teasing him about in the 17 GF. What a wanker that bloke is.

Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Good on him. Will always be a Tiger legend with what he did in the last part of 2017.

That stutter is what Jake 'Fists of Fury' Lever was teasing him about in the 17 GF. What a wanker that bloke is.

Far out - I never knew that story - what an *smile*
But it makes it another reason for hoping like hell that Melb fall in a hole in the finals and go out in straight sets

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Hope he goes easy on us with his tackles! Hard not to love this guy.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There's still a place in the game for players like Towner. Two goals and 4 bone rattling tackles against Carlton:clap2i hope he gets a contract for next year.
I guarantee you there were a couple of players who got poleaxed by Towner wondering where he was every time they got the ball.

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
What I like is the respect and man love us Tigers still hold for Towner.
I know we’re forever grateful and appreciative of his 2017 finals and GF.

But I think knowing he is a journeyman type there is ongoing feeling of goodwill towards him. I hope he can get another year or two in the AFL (but is “managed” when playing us).
He’s an honest goer, has some ability, but really leads the way for some of GCS young brigade with his toughness, commitment and never say die attitude.

• Love

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
What I like is the respect and man love us Tigers still hold for Towner.
I know we’re forever grateful and appreciative of his 2017 finals and GF.

But I think knowing he is a journeyman type there is ongoing feeling of goodwill towards him. I hope he can get another year or two in the AFL (but is “managed” when playing us).
He’s an honest goer, has some ability, but really leads the way for some of GCS young brigade with his toughness, commitment and never say die attitude.
When a Tiger loves a Towner
Can't keep his mind on nothin' else
He'd trade the world
For the good thing he's found

If he is bad, he can't see it
He can do no wrong
And turn his back on his best friend
If he puts Towner down

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
The greatest cult hero of all time has officially pulled the pin on he’s AFL career .

love the Towner , certainly none any tougher

• Love
Reactions: 13 users