Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The greatest cult hero of all time has officially pulled the pin on he’s AFL career .

love the Towner , certainly none any tougher

tiger immortal.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they cast him in bronze and planted him at The G

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
"Everyone asks me, 'Which team was the best?' and I can't really pinpoint one.

just blew the statue.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Part of the reason I reckon we love him is because we all see a bit of ourselves in Jacob. ... a battler living out a childhood dream. Even when he went to the darkside for a year, I couldn't hate him!

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He was a gift from the Gods at exactly the time we needed him. The purplest of purple patches.

Will never want for a beer in tigerland for the rest of his days. Go well Jacob.

Reactions: 15 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Never heard anyone say a bad word about JT.

Geez he did it the hard way, 62 games over 10 seasons.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
How good was that end to 2017 and started well in 2018 too if I recall. He just was slotting them and not missing.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Part of the reason I reckon we love him is because we all see a bit of ourselves in Jacob. ... a battler living out a childhood dream. Even when he went to the darkside for a year, I couldn't hate him!
Imho TBV ,Towna is a bloody good footballer , dosent have the natural gifts of most AFL midfielders, however throw him in the middle of any other league and he’s a star . In saying that it was his heart that made him a Premiership player .

Lets not forget he won the JJ Liston as well as a Premiership medallion

Reactions: 11 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Love Towner. Will never forget the role he played in that drought breaking 2017 premiership. For the last 5 games of that season he was incredible. How reliable was he in front of goal? It seems he just never missed.

Thanks Towner and good luck for the future.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Never heard anyone say a bad word about JT.
Yep.

Mind you a few Crows players from the 2017 GF are still curled up under their doonahs at home gibbering with fear that Towner might be lining them up again for some hard body contact, tackling or a good old fashioned rag-dolling!

Well played Jacob! Well played!

iu

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
That tackle changed the game. It won us a Premiership.

Reactions: 8 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Well played Jacob! Forever a part of Tiger folklore with that run of goals and games in 2017.
Life Member! We salute you.

Reactions: 8 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Most loved and famous tiger 20 game player?

Got me thinking of others. I couldn't think of anyone who comes close. I'm sure there are a few famous, or infamous sub 20 gamers, but not as loved, Mal Brown, Stephen Jurica maybe. A few loved 50-odd gamers, Woosha Welsh, Laurie Fowler, but 50 is a long way from 20.

I'd say he is in a league of his own.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
He was a gift from the Gods at exactly the time we needed him. The purplest of purple patches.

Will never want for a beer in tigerland for the rest of his days. Go well Jacob.
Here's cheers to NSW Tiger for his unfailing love and promotion of Towner when we all had no idea who he was.
And then the legend emerged. Thanks Towner. Always and forever a Richmond Premiership Man. :love:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
One of my most loved players of the 2017 season. Always a Tiger! Go well Towna!

Reactions: 5 users