Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

SCOOP said:
See Hunt, Taylor for what happens to good VFL players at this level.
Townshend has shown absolutely nothing in previous games at senior level...But may be worth adding to the team for extra grunt, particularly as he has apparently shown good form at VFL LEVEL.......Problem is, he shouldnt get a gig ahead of Miles....and I cant see them adding both, given the need for speed.....

In fairness to Townsend maybe he's improved from the sub par perfor,ances he's shown at senior level in the past.

He has never been prolific in any competition including the Northern League, but this tear is racking up possessions in the VFL which is far stronger than the Northern League. Granted AFL is a big jump from VFL, at least he's showing an improvement at that level. If we give him a chance and he doesn't cut it, at least we know what to do at years end. If he does cut it, then a big bodied mid thats at least up to the level would be a heaven send right now, because our contested ball which used to be a strength is only so so this season.

Agree with other posts with the Miles / Prestia comparrison. He wins clearances and deserves a chance. Prestia is better than what he's showing but the bad performances are costing us right now.

i,m all for giving townsend another go, big difference this time is that he is deserving of a chance,last time he wasn,t even doing well at vfl level, i,m a believer in good aFL MIDS, kill it at vfl level,he has been doing this for a month now.

We need harder players in the midfield. Watching prestia and grigg compete for a hard clearance is like watching my grandma reach for a scone

Harry said:
Watching prestia and grigg compete for a hard clearance is like watching my grandma reach for a scone

I've often found it's extremely dangerous to go up against the Granny when she's got her eye on something for snacking. There's usually a sharp poke in the ribs with a walking stick or a clout in the ear with a spoon that follows the hollow victory.

Has to be at least worth a try..I was impressed with his attack and leadership on Sat against Casey. Anything to possibly get rid of that bl00dy imposter Prestia.

nswtiger said:
my thinking knightersRevenge is Jacob primed for the back end of the year, then into the finals

doing everything that is asked of him ...........improved on last year ( just look at his stats )

only effective inside mid at the moment is Nank and cot .they will not last the year and be stuffed by the finals

he is sitting there .............just waiting ( an animal in a cage)
Hey NSWtiger, if Towner is not a late inclusion in these conditions, (40km winds and wet), then it is Hasta la vista, baby!

Harry said:
We need harder players in the midfield. Watching prestia and grigg compete for a hard clearance is like watching my grandma reach for a scone
So does she try corral it or just fumble it?

well done Jacob

after a consistent year in the VFL .you have worked hard and never lost focus/belief ................played your role and developed a couple more too!!!

this is the start ( again) of a great career at Tigerland

rip into them :clap

nswtiger said:
well done Jacob

after a consistent year in the VFL .you have worked hard and never lost focus/belief ................played your role and developed a couple more too!!!

this is the start ( again) of a great career at Tigerland

rip into them :clap

Congrats Nswt, I hope he does you proud. :clap ;)

You have been banging the door down NSWtiger, sorry Jacob.

All seriousness hope he plays his role well and kicks a few.

Rewarded.

Was sent back to the twos to find form. Not seen a VFL game but he seems to be named in the best each week.
Earned another chance. Hope he takes it. His tackles are fair and hurt. This impacts in big games