Jake King | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake King

That clip just encapsulates everything about Jake. Anyone know who the big Melbourne bloke was? Bet he doesn't like seeing the clip.

TOT70 said:
I don't remember the move from the back pocket as having anything in particular to do with free kicks, it was more about opposition coaches identifying that he was not strong overhead in one-on-one contests. I remember a game against North where Cory Jones was isolated against him and took him to the goal square where his lack of height and lack of composure when the ball came in high and fast was exposed. It wasn't long before everyone was doing the same thing and he found himself in the VFL.

I also remember a Coburg game not long after where we had a forward line boasting Morton, Krakouer and Cleve Hughes amongst others, none of whom could get a kick until King joined them after half- time and suddenly they all looked like superstars.

that is my recollection as well

You're the man Jake your the man, saying thanks to the fans says it all about you, i dips me lid.

Goodonya Jake.

Gone at last and sitting where he should have been sitting for at least 3 years.......in the crowd.

Jake has lots of character but hiding injuries from the football department to rack up game statistics is not what TEAM is about.

Thank Allah that someone at the club has woken up this year and given some young honest guns like Miles and Lloyd a chance to show us the future.

rimau35 said:
Goodonya Jake.

Gone at last and sitting where he should have been sitting for at least 3 years.......in the crowd.

Jake has lots of character but hiding injuries from the football department to rack up game statistics is not what TEAM is about.

Thank Allah that someone at the club has woken up this year and given some young honest guns like Miles and Lloyd a chance to show us the future.

*smile* post.

Onya Kingster. Great job today. Great job over the past three years as well!

rimau35 said:
Goodonya Jake.

That's a big call Rimau. I guess it's hard to prove too.

tigertim said:
That's a big call Rimau. I guess it's hard to prove too.
The empirical evidence is overwhelming. Jake admitted it in an interview in 2012, after a poor start to the season and after being found out that he had an injury.

Part of it was an un-professional belief that he could contribute to team when he knew he was unable to.

Part of it was his desire to gain as much fame from his short footy career that he could.

Neither attitude helped Richmond win games of footy.

rimau35 said:
Goodonya Jake.

What a bitter statement. Rightly got picked ahead of your boy & clearly you hold a grudge. Disgusting.

SCOOP said:
What a bitter statement. Rightly got picked ahead of your boy & clearly you hold a grudge. Disgusting.
Goodonya Scoop. Another well researched post.

Professional footballer never take to the field with an injury and even miss finals if they can't contribute to the team performance.

Jake hid injury issues more than once.

TEAM is what makes successful AFL sides, or any teams in any sport.

Jake always, ALWAYS, put himself before the requirements of the team.

rimau35 said:

Professional footballer never take to the field with an injury

Stopped reading after that drivel. Have another can.

mld said:
Good on Jake for staying with the TEAM rather than chasing the South Australian dollar.
And how many games has Jake played this year in a team that will play finals?

At least try to have a reasonable argument MLD.

My red is very pleasant, what the hell are you on? I hope you are not planning on driving anywhere.

mld said:
Good on Jake for staying with the TEAM rather than chasing the South Australian dollar.
White should have been offered a reasonable deal & King should have been retired at end of last season.Deplorable list management decision that is not Kings fault but he showed in final last year he was done.White did not chase the dollars,was offered an embarassing contract by the club so was basically given no choice.

another great moment in Kingys career, chugging a pot down with the cheer squad.

I hope hes in the crowd next week and gets in a blue with some Bomber *smile* knuckle.

rimau35 said:

Professional footballer never take to the field with an injury and even miss finals if they can't contribute to the team performance.

Jake hid injury issues more than once.

TEAM is what makes successful AFL sides, or any teams in any sport.

Jake always, ALWAYS, put himself before the requirements of the team.

Didn't mind Matty as a player n no surprise you're pissed off about Matty getting squeezed to Port to further his career Rimau, but people in glass houses shouldn't be chucking rocks n perhaps need to bite their tongues instead of just bagging out on others.
Seem to remember Matty had hot spots n problems with his feet way back in Ploughs era when he was just starting n trying to establish a senior position, tried to hide the fact n pretended there was nothing wrong because he was fringing senior level.
Simple fact is nearly all players carry niggles, most also try to carry a bit more than niggles n believe they can still contribute effectively to the team. There's very few will voluntarily surrender their spot in the side without the medico pushing them out as they just might not get it back.