Jake King | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake King

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Jake spoke very very well in Adelaide at the Pre game function....opened my eyes - have a lot of time for Jake as a person.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
rimau35 said:
Unbeknown to me at the time, Jake stood up to the selfish players at Richmond early in 2014 and told them to pull their heads in.

He then told the coach to cut the crap and get back to TEAM footy.

It took half a season for some of that to sink in and look at what happened. Finals, again.
That is a great insight, thanks for sharing

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Jake King had skills either side of the body.

Brilliant judgement.

Could absorb punishment. And work in defence. Quick on the chase. Could teach fear.

Played tall and injured for his last three years for the club. Played #3 forward. At 5' 6" or 9".

An example to all young footballers. And a Richmond man.

Did we miss him in 2014?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I think Gordon can replace him, although I still think he lacks composure and fumbled a lot.

We miss Jake's cameos of 3 goals here and there.

I am nearly 6' tall (181cm) and Jake was taller than me when I saw him in Docklands having\walking to his coffee rendezvous. He was bigger than he appeared on the field.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The_General said:
I think Gordon can replace him, although I still think he lacks composure and fumbled a lot.

We miss Jake's cameos of 3 goals here and there.

I am nearly 6' tall (181cm) and Jake was taller than me when I saw him in Docklands having\walking to his coffee rendezvous. He was bigger than he appeared on the field.
He's listed as 178, so 3 cm's shorter, which isn't really that short, but when you're surrounded by guys bigger than that it looks that way. I remember someone asking Jake about if he was the shortest player at Richmond and his reply was along the lines of 'Nathan Foley says he's taller than me, but he's not.' and he was very adamant on that point.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
There's a whisper his goin to play a few games up here for the Glenrowan Tigers next year, they have a bit of $$$ so might be true.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
Dyer'ere said:
Jake King had skills either side of the body.

Brilliant judgement.

Could absorb punishment. And work in defence. Quick on the chase. Could teach fear.

Played tall and injured for his last three years for the club. Played #3 forward. At 5' 6" or 9".

An example to all young footballers. And a Richmond man.

Did we miss him in 2014?

The Chiang Mai Tiger family is sure going to miss him in 2015. The biggest cheers were always belted out for our Jakey.

marsinvenus

one eyed ferral
May 12, 2007
CC TIGER said:
There's a whisper his goin to play a few games up here for the Glenrowan Tigers next year, they have a bit of $$$ so might be true.
I heard a rumour he may play for Lalor with his brother Jarod.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Push Up will be on Open Mike this Tuesday night and looks like a bit of a fiery interview with Sheehan asking some Toby Mitchell questions.

I liked this photo he uploaded with a bit of sarcasm calling himself an 'ex-criminal' (as the dopey media love it)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHEU0p2jByb/?taken-by=jakeking28

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
TigerForce said:
Push Up will be on Open Mike this Tuesday night and looks like a bit of a fiery interview with Sheehan asking some Toby Mitchell questions.

I liked this photo he uploaded with a bit of sarcasm calling himself an 'ex-criminal' (as the dopey media love it)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHEU0p2jByb/?taken-by=jakeking28

Don't forget Push Up on Open Mike tonight.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Took Sheahan to the cleaners with his negative questions. He speaks really well (....I wonder if Jacko had a lot of input in Push Up's vocabulary)

"Perception is one thing, reality is another" 100% spot on Push Up. Sheahan (and Caro) seem fixated with this paranoia about guys with tattoos and label them 'bad boys'.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
TigerForce said:
Took Sheahan to the cleaners with his negative questions. He speaks really well (....I wonder if Jacko had a lot of input in Push Up's vocabulary)

"Perception is one thing, reality is another" 100% spot on Push Up. Sheahan (and Caro) seem fixated with this about guys with tattoos and label them 'bad boys'.
Must be a lot of 'bad girls' out there too TF , id think over the past decade there would neally be as many females getting a little art work done as there is males

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
thegeneral01 said:
A cracking interview by Kingy. Smashed Sheehans dumb questions out of the park

Yep. I couldn't believe his dopey question at the end on Dusty being a bad boy / troublemaker. I loved hearing Jakey's tone of voice get higher when he answered.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Great interview. And proud he is a Tiger.

Waiting on Lamb's post, on how good the interview was. As his biggest supporter.

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Brilliant interview......
Was interesting to note that when Gerard Whatley was reminding us to stick around after 360 to watch Open Mike, he said that it was one of Sheahans favourite ones in the stable...
Truly think Mike was very pleasantly surprised at how well Jake conducted himself, and I think he'd be the first to admit that he perhaps wrongly allowed perception to cloud the facts and reality.

Well done Kingy.....

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Thoroughly enjoyed it. So old school Melbourne. The way he talks, some of his expressions reminded me of 'colourful' Melbourne characters with hearts of (mostly) gold I worked with in the 80s and early 90s. A throwback, in a good way.