Jake King | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake King

I watched the game again to check amongst other things if King had the schocker the commentators kept saying he was having. Second time around I thought he played pretty well. Lost a couple of high profile one outs, but broke even a lot of times and still did damage going forward. Watch it again if you have the opportunity a lot to like. If thats the worst game he ever plays it will be a stellar career.

Bill James said:
I watched the game again to check amongst other things if King had the schocker the commentators kept saying he was having. Second time around I thought he played pretty well. Lost a couple of high profile one outs, but broke even a lot of times and still did damage going forward. Watch it again if you have the opportunity a lot to like. If thats the worst game he ever plays it will be a stellar career.

Good post. The problem for King he was isolated one out and there was nowhere to hide, every time he was beaten a goal resulted. Wasn't our worst, that's for sure.

haven't seen the game yet, but if he did have a bad game - he seems the sort of person who'll bash himself up all week and work himself into a frenzy for the following match and have a blinder.

Bill James said:

He had something like 7 goals kicked on him, thats not a good game, OK he kept trying which showed how good he is.

IanG said:
He had something like 7 goals kicked on him, thats not a good game, OK he kept trying which showed how good he is.

Nothing like that many, 3 or 4 at the most. 1 on Jones, (Raines 3, Sarge 1, Moore 2) 2 on Grant and maybe 1 on Harvey. He also kicked one on Harvey.

Bill James said:
Nothing like that many, 3 or 4 at the most. 1 on Jones, (Raines 3, Sarge 1, Moore 2) 2 on Grant and maybe 1 on Harvey. He also kicked one on Harvey.

5 according to Footy Classified. Still SEN were adding it up on the night and got to 6 or 7.

Have to say, I cannot fathom the amount of attention that Jake King is getting.

If Jake plays 150 games he will have days like that, the amount of attention and analysis that a 20 games is getting is quite staggering. The game was only on Sunday and I am so sick to death of hearing about Jake Kings day. It is just so typical of the media, find a issue, magnify it, beat it to death, then find a another obscure angle to bring the issue back to square one so it can be beat to death again.

Bring on Sunday.

IanG said:
5 according to Footy Classified. Still SEN were adding it up on the night and got to 6 or 7.

I watched it again and counted them.

Terry Wallace was at fault for putting him on Corey Jones, according to Glen Archer, Jones is 190 compared to King who stands at 174. Wallace said it was because he played at CHB cometimes at Coburg. There is a key word that gets blown out and thats Coburg.

King will bounce back, Collingwood will be a good opponent for him.

SCOOP said:
Have to say, I cannot fathom the amount of attention that Jake King is getting.

If Jake plays 150 games he will have days like that, the amount of attention and analysis that a 20 games is getting is quite staggering. The game was only on Sunday and I am so sick to death of hearing about Jake Kings day. It is just so typical of the media, find a issue, magnify it, beat it to death, then find a another obscure angle to bring the issue back to square one so it can be beat to death again.

Bring on Sunday
Exactly! The person who annoyed me the most was Spud Frawley. He took great delight in rubbishing Tuck and King at every opportunity. We all know why but it is pathetic. Give credit to Laidley for isolating King and Foley. King made plenty of mistakes as a result but showed real guts and determination right until the final siren. With Foley well held and no Johnson then Tuck was also under heaps of pressure. He also gutsed it out and was far from disgraced.

We should push for a ban on commentators on certain games:-

Spud....... not Richmond
Lane....... not Carlton
Eddie...... not Collingwood

Bill James said:

I didn't have to watch it a second time to realise this. The commentators were just big noting themselves as if they figured out that King was the reason we were losing. Healy and Frawley are a joke and it's amazing how little inteligence you really need in this caper.

Jones's first 2 free kicks were given away by Raines, who was then taken off him. Raines has no idea and always gives away stupid free kicks deep in defence. King then went on Jones and really couldn't do much to stop some of the delivery to Jones. Some of the delivery was pin point. The commentators (read *smile* heads Frawley and Healy) were making out it was Kings fault for not intercepting this one particular delivery where it was impossible to do so.

King then went to Grant. One goal was due to a bad umpiring decision (clear in the back) and another was a freakish one handed mark.

We were bomabarded and I actually thought King was one of our better players especially when he went into the middle and up forward. He definately had a better game than Tuck, Jackson, Tambling, Brown, Pettifer, McMahon, and Raines to name a few.

LMAO at Footy Classifieds then adding a segment about King's "shocker". Talk about the blind leading the blind.

Most commentators like the sound of their own voice and if what they are saying sounds like they know what they are talking about, they'll go on and on about it. They are a joke.

No doubt other coaches will take note on what Laidley did on Sunday.Whoever kingy was on they would play through him.
This actually might be a blessing for both kingy and the side.It may force Terry to play him in the middle which isnt a bad idea.

Have we forgotten the new legend of Punt Road already?

Jake King - star.

Shoulda made the state squad and when the poseurs have dropped out this is the bloke who'll step up.

A toff. (On a football ground. In a knockabout way.)

Dyer'ere said:
Have we forgotten the new legend of Punt Road already?

Jake King - star.

Shoulda made the state squad and when the poseurs have dropped out this is the bloke who'll step up.

A toff. (On a football ground. In a knockabout way.)

There isnt a team on the competition that wouldnt have him in their starting side. I have it on good authority that Choco rates him very highly :clap

Jake is turning out to be great player for us in such a very short period of time. Forget the bad ones, that part of the package. Id always rather another 10 JK's than not! :clap