Jake King | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake King

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Yep, just love Jake, gives 100% for the Tiges every time, just like RICHO has been doing for us for 17 seasons. :clap

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Was informed today that Jake King is only on a one year deal at a pretty basic/low wage yet JON is one year into three year deal.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
It wasn't that long ago was it that the biggest thing we needed was a person to take on the dynamic small forward (Milne/Ablett/Farmer/Phil Matera etc) who would carve us up each week? Jake for all his good qualities isn't the messiah the Abletts and Milnes of the world are still going to cause him problems and potentially give him a hiding on the day but he's the best person we have got for them and he cleans up some ball in defence for us as well.

One year is a pretty low contract deal for one of the few AFL standard players in our side who selects himself for his position and who is also on the right side of 25 years of age.

I wonder if match payments are linked to membership appeal. Because reading this site you could just about forget Lids as the number one crowd pleaser - so far it is definitely Jake who has inspired this forum.

His best moment for mine is still him giving an agro Barry Hall some physical curry after he bullied poor little Lukey McGuane. Still makes me smile thinking about the bemused look on Hall's face as Jake got in a cheapy.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
jb03 said:
Was informed today that Jake King is only on a one year deal at a pretty basic/low wage yet JON is one year into three year deal.

Correct re. Jake.

Happy that they only gave him a one year deal.

He had a great year in 2007 and hopefully will continue the form he showed last week through out 2008. If he does he will certainly be rewarded.

Re. JON I certainly don't think he would be on a three year deal.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
jb03 said:

If thats the case, we'd better start calling him JON King and let them swap contracts ;D

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
WesternTiger said:
Correct re. Jake.

Happy that they only gave him a one year deal.

He had a great year in 2007 and hopefully will continue the form he showed last week through out 2008. If he does he will certainly be rewarded.

If he keeps playing like this if I were him I'd be pretty happy I was on a one year deal. Cha-CHING

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Brettstigers said:
I wonder if match payments are linked to membership appeal. Because reading this site you could just about forget Lids as the number one crowd pleaser - so far it is definitely Jake who has inspired this forum.

Not just this forum, Richo interviewed on SEN last week confirmed he's one of the most popular players at the club.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Col.W.Kurtz said:
If he keeps playing like this if I were him I'd be pretty happy I was on a one year deal. Cha-CHING

It certainly cuts both ways. He'll be looking at plenty more in his next deal. And I would imagine more than one or two other clubs will be prepared to give it to him as well.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Keep him on a short contract and starving hungry. We don't want our Angry Ant getting all soft and comfortable on a big fat long term contract.
Feed him plenty of raw meat and poke him with a pointy stick once in a while.
We love our feral Jakey.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
A shocker tonight. Towelled by Jones then Grant, and barely took a ball cleanly all night.

The good thing about playing at Richmond is by having a go and playing a few good games, you soon become very popular amongst the fans.

But beware Jake, we can turn quickly.