James Trezise | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

James Trezise

is as strong in the contest as any player I have seen in a long long time.
Watching his highlights from his first game there is a little "Duncan Kellerway" about him. He will have to tidy up his kicking to play in Yze's team but definitely something to work with.

Reactions: 4 users
There's always injuries though.

Never do your best 22 take the park. Might not need an injury to Broad/Vlastuin.

A key back might go down and Broady steps into that leaving a role.

Or plays on a wing etc.

Not very often any player bangs the door down at VFL level and doesn't get his chance. Especially under a new coach.
See Dan Rioli moving to midfield this year and Trezise playing half back?

I have loved Grimes from hes very first game and said during his hamstring issues very early in his career if he could sort these i could see him being AA. Unfortunately he has really lost his mojo over the past 12-24 months and i think he should have retired, i see Young and also this kid starting to change the backs make up, along with Gibby.

Definitely excited for 2024 with other young lads hopefully pushing through as our champions make way and retire.

Reactions: 2 users
See Dan Rioli moving to midfield this year and Trezise playing half back?

I think if we did that (and I'm not against it) then we would likely see Brown / Banks / Smith playing the role that Dan would move from. I don't really see Tresize as a rebounder at the moment, his kicking isn't good enough to play that role, he might grow into it, but that would be in the 2's. I have high hopes for Tresize but I don't expect him to play more than 5 games in the AFL in 2024.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm liking what I've seen at VFL level and his 1 AFL game. Be good if he could play on the smalls and players a bit taller than him, I've got a hunch that he will be able to.

I'm liking what I've seen at VFL level and his 1 AFL game. Be good if he could play on the smalls and players a bit taller than him, I've got a hunch that he will be able to.

He does appear to be a Broady clone.

Reactions: 4 users
I hope so, 3 more premierships I'll take any time. Broad is a gun, very underrated player IMO.

Totally agree. Even looking at 2023, sure we lost Lynch in Round 4, but we started the season really well. We really should have smashed the Blues in Round 1, then smashed Adelaide in Round 2 which was the game Broady got suspended. Our defence was very poor in the 4 games that we missed him and with that Suns aberation at Marvel following that, our season was essentially over at that point. Obviously not blaming Broad for that, but pointing out how much better our defence looks with him in it. He's completely under rated by most outside of the club, ask opposition fans and most will claim that he's a rubbish "role player" the usual excuse for Richmond players, but internally we know how good he is and how important he is to our structure. If Tresize can come in and replicate that, then it would be massive for the footy club. He seems to have a very similar skill set.

Reactions: 7 users
As great a defender as he's been, I was always a bit disappointed Vlastuin never made the transition to the midfield.
I wonder what Trezise might offer on ball? Maybe it's too much of a stretch & obviously would need to see it at VFL level first but it would be interesting to find out.
With the glut of HBF and now Tom brown in the queue , I’d say nippers best chance is as a mid , has an instinctive fierce attack on the contest , would serve him well I’d say

Reactions: 1 users
Grimes shapes as the defender soon to be replaced. The Grimes who is a small back, the best Grimes, hasn’t played for quite some time now.

Trezise is physically strong, gets air and is smart and quick of mind.

Vlastuin can keep taking the punishment for a while but one day he’ll just break. And then somebody like Trezise will get the chance to stand in front of the pack and get smashed. Bauer might be in the frame for that job. Or maybe as the Broad replacement.

Change is in the wind.

Reactions: 8 users
Unfortunately its looking like Grimes is cooked and Brown / Gibcus will take over his position

We could see the end of Grimes , Pickett , Prestia and McIntosh end of 2024 season

• Sad
Let's wait and see how the hammy holds up before we start eating our own.

Reactions: 1 users
and Brown / Gibcus will take over his position

I thought you were taking the p$ss when you suggested Brown to take Grimes spot.

So I just checked and found Brown is listed at 193cm to Grimes’ 194cm.

I thought Brown was only around the 180cm mark. No idea why, just didn’t realise he had that height.