Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I reckon Caddy can be a big part of our season especially if he dosent get any soft tissue injuries.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Caddy was arguing with players, (certainly didn't look like positive instruction). He was also demanding the ball when he was not the best option.
I were very critical of him on the day whilst watching with @Dont Argue

To be fair the whole VFL side looked in disarray it came as quite a shock.
I've got to say this is really disappointing to read.
There were strong rumours that Caddy was on his way out of the club at the end of last year.
if he doesn't want to be here then that can turn into cancer for a club real quick.
Don't know enough to say if this is the case or not but I sure hope it's not..

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
We've missed a trick by having him languish in the reserves for the last 2 years or so. Should have traded him in 2020 when he at least had a semblance of value.

Reactions: 4 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
We've missed a trick by having him languish in the reserves for the last 2 years or so. Should have traded him in 2020 when he at least had a semblance of value.
Now we face a massive loss of senior players in one hit. Caddy, Jack, Edwards, cotch, Lambert. Caddy in the VFL, obviously not taking up a spot in the 22 but salary cap. We may as well target a quality free agent mid.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Now we face a massive loss of senior players in one hit. Caddy, Jack, Edwards, cotch, Lambert. Caddy in the VFL, obviously not taking up a spot in the 22 but salary cap. We may as well target a quality free agent mid.

A free agent is fine but I wouldn't be happy giving away 1st or 2nd rounders. We should take them to the draft and try to find the next star players to develop over the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Does anyone else think it is a bit strange that RFC has a 3 minute 'Best Of Caddy' video up on it's website.
Is he retiring or something?, he has been out of favor for a couple of years now just seems weird to have a best of feature for him at this stage of the season.

Reactions: 1 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
RFC website announcing he's retired. Opens up a spot for the mid-year draft.
Be an interesting back story to this.
Immediate retirement sounds uncompromising. Wonder if they’ll post his retirement speech like others?

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Thanks Caddyshack. :clap2
Two time Premiership Tiger.
Oh, and Thanks Geelong Cants!:mhihi

Reactions: 13 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Pushed I wonder?

Interesting to see what he does from here. Reckon he still has something to offer a club in need of a medium size forward

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I loved Josh's work in the '17, '18 and '19 seasons where he played much taller than his actual height and had that mean streak which made other players walk taller too. He was a great mark and knew how to kick a goal.

It's a shame for him that his mate Lynch eventually took his spot up forward and he never really locked down an alternative position, but he's achieved more than many other AFL players with two flags. I do hope he wasn't pushed out and this is a selfless act by him to give up his list position and give us a crack at another player in the mid season draft, but either way it probably was the right decision and he wasn't going to get back into the team.

I wish him all the best post AFL footy and I'm sure there'd be some local teams who would be very interested in his services. Thanks Cadds!

Reactions: 16 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Good luck Cads. Was a key cog in our 2017 premiership.
His 2018 year was his best with us - was outstanding as a key forward. Two-time premiership player including the 2017 break through. Lacked a yard to be an elite midfielder and ultimately cost him his spot on the wing from 2020 onwards as the game quickened up. Good value recruit though.

Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Congrats on a great career Caddy... maybe didn't end the way he liked but he's got two flags to boast about. Clutch player in 17-19 as well...

Reactions: 5 users