Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
My lasting memory of Josh Caddy will be him being Jack's sidekick in a One-Tall Premiership Forward Line. Credit to him that he was also able to win a premiership as a wingman, demonstrating his durability.

Shame his last years were so curtailed by injury.

As per other comment's, a selfless act to free up a spot on the list for the club. Was always a Team Player.

Reactions: 8 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
I was always happy if Josh had the ball and kicking for goal as he was a very reliable kick for goal

2 time premiership player and a tiger legend, enjoy your retirement Josh.

Reactions: 5 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
A great career topped of by being a solid contributor to 17 and 19 flags.

Enjoy retirement Josh

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Tom Lynch ended Caddy’s career. Best work was as a makeshift key forward.
Great recruit though. Loved his mongrel & an excellent goal sense. Good luck & thanks.

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Wonderful player for us in those GF Wins in 2017 & 2019, his marking and Goals were terrific. Was he our first Goal scorer in 2017 GF ?

Loved Josh's aggression at the ball and man. Played his role, go well Josh, Tiger Legend.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Well done Josh!
Flags are hard to win, you got 2, 2 more than most in the league.
Enjoy retirement!

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Sure it will be spun that way, and quite possibly it's true. Bet me left nut that his manager got a full payout for that to happen though. Mind you, I don't have a problem with it..... win-win!

100%. It the right thing for both parties

Reactions: 1 user

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Sure it will be spun that way, and quite possibly it's true. Bet me left nut that his manager got a full payout for that to happen though. Mind you, I don't have a problem with it..... win-win!
Full payout is a given. Which limits who we could promote to the main list. If the list stays healthy maybe just promote one of the RFC VFL boys. Pickett/Parker show both ends of the quality spectrum. (Probably shouldn't have retained Parker) We are going OK injury wise. Lambert back, Prestia ??? Dusty and Cotch. Been a while since they've all played. We've got ruck depth. KPD depth.
But win lose or draw we still have 2 of Edwards and Lambert and Cotchin out the door at the end of the year . So maybe better to save Caddy's list positions and money until then.

lounder

Tiger Cub
Aug 16, 2014
Tom Lynch ended Caddy’s career. Best work was as a makeshift key forward.
Great recruit though. Loved his mongrel & an excellent goal sense. Good luck & thanks.
Speaking of mongrel, this was the first thing that sprang to mind:

vlcsnap-2022-05-05-11h34m42s341.jpg

thanking Gryan Miers for a turnover that gave George a goal in the '19 prelim

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Well done on a great career. He was a crucial member of the 2017 and 2019 flags, especially 2017. The above picture of him giving it to Gryan Miers, is my favourite memory of hm alongside his opening goal in the 2017 granny.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I admit to being a bit sceptical when we first acquired him but he has been fantastic for us. Thanks Caddyshack. Awesome.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
was the type of player we needed when he came across to us ..........significant player for us in 2017 ...but its time

and i think we have ours eyes on someone in the the mid season draft ...and we are very keen on them

Reactions: 3 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
History repeating? Just like Grigga giving up his spot so a rookie can get a chance.
Well done Josh, just like Towner, forever a Tiger 4 Life.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Had a massive influence as soon as he arrived. Instrumental in both 2017 and 2019 premierships.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Just got the mail.
Very emotional announcement.
Body is broken.
Will help Steve Morris in a coaching capacity for the remainder of the year.

Reactions: 17 users