Josh Caddy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Caddy

Re: Welcome to Tigerland - Josh Caddy

At last a Big bodied mid with ability :happy :happy :happy :happy

Caracella would know him intimately too. That's got to account for a lot of comfort IMO

BrisTiger24 said:
Caracella would know him intimately too. That's got to account for a lot of comfort IMO

Thought the same when Del was being discussed and rather than stuffing around we came out with Caddy or no one, thought Blake would have been involved

lisamaree said:
Very comfortable with this acquisition.

A very solid B+ grader at worst and will fill a very pressing need for us in the midfield. Those that have compared him to Moore & Townsend will be very pleasantly surprised.

Make no mistake, Geelong did NOT want this player to leave, they hadn't contemplated Caddy exiting for a split second leading in to trade week - it's been very fortuitous for the Tigers (we've got Deledio to thank for this).
Rubbish. He was contracted with Geelong so if they REALLY valued him and wanted him to stay they would not have traded him full stop. This bloke will just add to the already huge list of vanilla players we have got. Anyone seen this guy in big games and finals? Goes missing!!! At least we are keeping the boys club going. Now that we got rid of the Deledio and Grigg bromance, we just couldn't help ourselves and added the Prestia and Caddy love affair. What a joke.

frawleyudud said:
Rubbish. He was contracted with Geelong so if they REALLY valued him and wanted him to stay they would not have traded him full stop. This bloke will just add to the already huge list of vanilla players we have got. Anyone seen this guy in big games and finals? Goes missing!!! At least we are keeping the boys club going. Now that we got rid of the Deledio and Grigg bromance, we just couldn't help ourselves and added the Prestia and Caddy love affair. What a joke.

Yeah having players who are friends on the list? Joke. ;D

frawleyudud said:

Is this negativity stuff catching or do you actually have to work at it to be any good at it.

I guess its the later practice makes perfect

Caddy will turn out to be what we hoped Conca would be.

se7en said:
Lets see how Heppell goes without the special stuff ;)

what are you suggesting 7? Players are brave innocent victims done nothing wrong. (saw Marsh again the other day, 'players suspended 'through no fault of their own'. I'd love to know what all the non Ess players thought of that).

frawleyudud said:

Give it a rest. Let's give him a chance to see what he can give. He was very good in 2015 at Geelong, and this year playing as a forward scored at least a goal in all but 3 games. Geelong did not want to get rid of Caddy and Caddy did not originally want to go but we, with Prestia's help, turned it around. The game is littered with players moving to other clubs due to prior acquaintances, why is it only a bad thing for Richmond? And Grigg has been a very consistent player for the Tigers anyway, so not sure why your example.

tigerlove said:
Give it a rest. Let's give him a chance to see what he can give. He was very good in 2015 at Geelong, and this year playing as a forward scored at least a goal in all but 3 games. Geelong did not want to get rid of Caddy and Caddy did not originally want to go but we, with Prestia's help, turned it around. The game is littered with players moving to other clubs due to prior acquaintances, why is it only a bad thing for Richmond? And Grigg has been a very consistent player for the Tigers anyway, so not sure why your example.

clutching at negative straws. There is still plenty of things to be negative about, especially looking backwards, but the trade period isn't one of them. Its dogma.

tigersnake said:
Yeah having players who are friends on the list? Joke. ;D
Richmond had enough of the Lids/Grigg love affair and split them up. Can't believe the have let Prestia/caddy get together :p

bowden4president said:
Richmond had enough of the Lids/Grigg love affair and split them up. Can't believe the have let Prestia/caddy get together :p

Easy Joel.

Unlike the first two Dion and Shack are reasonably harder at the contest.
Actually make that a lot harder.

If they keep bringing aggression they can continue being mates.
Who cares if they are playing hard footy.

Dion, Shack, The Rancid One, Aston Martin, Floss Tone, Ivan-Skees and the forgotten man Pinjarra.

I reckon Tobes will run straight at it as well.

Semblance of a side.

(For the sake of my argument I will leave Mozza out. Hard at it but maybe not the answer ;D)

Hi blokes I read this site a hell of a lot and I very rarely comment , I am from Geelong and have put up with all the trades over the years, this is the 1st time all my Geelong mates are really not happy with a trade in fact they are livid , so I say welcome Josh and think he is going to be a great asset , think it's about time we scewed them and not the other way around

Trumpy said:
Hi blokes I read this site a hell of a lot and I very rarely comment , I am from Geelong and have put up with all the trades over the years, this is the 1st time all my Geelong mates are really not happy with a trade in fact they are livid , so I say welcome Josh and think he is going to be a great asset , think it's about time we scewed them and not the other way around

well said mate.