Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

Worst game for years.
Kam is a bit symptomatic of how game plan hasn't really evolved with the rest of the comp.
Great workhorse but struggles to hit simple targets. He might end up being another casualty of the evolving game.
George has already gone. We've got quite a few in that boat.

Reactions: 1 users
Has been poor all season. I have been saying it all year, he's non effectual running up and down the wing. He's not impacting in defence, in attack or in transition.

Needs to go back to the magoos to learn a new role

Has been poor all season. I have been saying it all year, he's non effectual running up and down the wing. He's not impacting in defence, in attack or in transition.

Banks is apparently the future on a wing for us… everything I’ve seen he looks like he sleeps with the light on.

whats happened to his kicking, never been great, but i swear sometimes he has nearly missed his foot with the ball this year

Something not right with kmac ATM. Hope he and the coaches can sort it as we can't afford to have someone with his experience and importance to our structure play so poorly. He won't be dropped and doesn't deserve to be as he has a bit in the credit bank but needs to sort out whatever it is.

Banks is apparently the future on a wing for us… everything I’ve seen he looks like he sleeps with the light on.
Less than ideal. But we need to see it. K-Mac has zero improvement left and at the moment he is a liability with the ball. All of our frantic quick movement stops when he touches it.

The hardest part of the game is transitioning from one generation to the next. We need to do it here.

I've heard in the media K-Mac is close to triggering a contract next year. I'm not sure we want that.

Reactions: 1 user
Now might be a good time to agree to a mutually parting of the ways. At 29, KM probably has one last contract in him. And West Coast could do with a highly structured gut running player with a team-first mentality (compared to the laziness of Andrew Gaff hogging up cap space).

5 minutes to go
Up by 18
Kmac has ball on foward flank
Mansell is by himself between pocket and flank screaming for it
Kmac looks at him..ignores him...kicks a scubber inwards 15 metre clunker straight to a lone bomber who proceed to run past out plodders for a goal...jesus wept...the utter madness of it

• Angry
5 minutes to go
Up by 18
Kmac looks at him..ignores him...kicks a scubber inwards 15 metre clunker straight to a lone bomber who proceed to run past out plodders for a goal...jesus wept...the utter madness of it
I was on the wing above that. It was just horrific decision making.

Then again I've been on the wing in the 2017 grand final seeing flapper make it impossible for the crows half back line to come into the centre of the ground.

When he is good he is very very good but when he is bad he is horrid.

Luckily a lot more good than bad.

Reactions: 1 user
5 minutes to go
Up by 18

It was that moment I turned to the Mrs and said I reckon we lose it from here.

Wonder how he’d go as a forward

Not sure if its part of the issue, but I do wonder if running the opposite wing is having an impact on him.

Our setup was always Kamdyn on the right wing and Pickett on the left, but since Ross has been in, we moved McIntosh to the left wing, and Ross has the right. Not sure if its having an affect in terms of the direction that he needs to kick the ball, but his kicking efficiency definitely seems to be way off. Just wondering if the switch of wings may have knocked him about a bit in terms of his style of kicking.

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure if its part of the issue, but I do wonder if running the opposite wing is having an impact on him.

Our setup was always Kamdyn on the right wing and Pickett on the left, but since Ross has been in, we moved McIntosh to the left wing, and Ross has the right. Not sure if its having an affect in terms of the direction that he needs to kick the ball, but his kicking efficiency definitely seems to be way off. Just wondering if the switch of wings may have knocked him about a bit in terms of his style of kicking.
Very astute observation !

Reactions: 2 users
Have enjoyed watching KMac play since his debut but am frustrated with his lack of kicking skills this year.
Make him sub this week move Pickett back to the wing where he plays his best footy and bring in someone like Bauer or Miller to give Jack a hand to contest the regular kicks to packs inside 50.
Jack can’t do what he did in 2017 anymore.

Have enjoyed watching KMac play since his debut but am frustrated with his lack of kicking skills this year.
Make him sub this week move Pickett back to the wing where he plays his best footy and bring in someone like Bauer or Miller to give Jack a hand to contest the regular kicks to packs inside 50.
Jack can’t do what he did in 2017 anymore.
Yeah I'm thinking McIntosh would be a good sub. Not done and dusted but on current form is done

Welcome back Kamdyn, thought it was one of his better games for the year.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users