Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
That desperate passage on the wing by Kam is one of the best I’ve even seen by a Tiger player. Had me on my feet. Just superb :clap
I'll bring up this play at every Kamdyn milestone. Round 10 2018 against St Kilda and it still stands out in my mind despite not being able to find it anywhere. A very Kamdyn passage. Arms flapping, grinds down 3 panicking players on his own within 15 seconds through relentless pressure and finally turns the ball over to get it moving our way.

Would have only gotten a disposal stat and some pressure acts but it was much bigger than that.

Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I've always loved Kamdyn as player, he's my 2nd favourite to Dylan Grimes. I never really thought his kicking was as bad as it was made out to be by some posters in his earlier years and these days would almost be our best at hitting targets when sprinting. His overhead marking was a weakness but he must have worked hard on that because he's pretty reliable with it now.

My favourite Chronicles of Kamdyn story was when he went to a dancing class with his girlfriend and the instructor asked the "leads" to come forward. He stayed put though, thinking he couldnt be the lead because he didn't know what he was doing yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
This video demonstrates what a great clubman Kamdyn is. I'd love to have a beer with him, he comes across as a great bloke.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Congratulations to Flappers.
150 big ones.

Alongside Lambert as the best runner I've seen play at Richmond.
He never stops.
The Road Runner
Slow Motion GIF by Looney Tunes

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Hope he has a big game for his 150th and we win. One of my favourites at Tigerland.

Reactions: 1 user

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Type of player premierships can’t be won without. Not everyone needs to dominate , but every team needs team players who put the team first ! Hope we get the win for him

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I've always loved Kamdyn as player, he's my 2nd favourite to Dylan Grimes. I never really thought his kicking was as bad as it was made out to be by some posters in his earlier years and these days would almost be our best at hitting targets when sprinting. His overhead marking was a weakness but he must have worked hard on that because he's pretty reliable with it now.

My favourite Chronicles of Kamdyn story was when he went to a dancing class with his girlfriend and the instructor asked the "leads" to come forward. He stayed put though, thinking he couldnt be the lead because he didn't know what he was doing yet.
I always have this vision that everytime he marks and lines up for goal, our win is sealed.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Laugh-a-minute Tiger reaches 150 games, much to his surprise

By Michael Gleeson
The Age
April 8, 2023

Kamdyn McIntosh appreciates the absurdity of it. If he played for another club, and not the most successful recent one, he probably would have been cut and never got to 150 games. Thus, he also knows he wouldn’t have two flags if he played for anyone else.

He’s so Richmond. He’s not the perfect player, but he is the ideal Richmond player.

In his words, it’s not only un-bloody-believable (one of his favourite terms) it’s a pee-er (his other favourite).

“Ha it is, it’s un-bloody-believable. Yeah, it’s a pee-er, I’d say to the boys. They are the two words I go with a fair bit,” McIntosh laughed.

Actually, it’s redundant to say McIntosh laughed, it’s all he does. His default position is to laugh, often at himself, as often at his teammates.

He is a funny 150-game player. He’s spent his years between winning flags in 2017 and 2020 in and out of the team and back in again. Throughout just kept turning up, smiling, laughing and doing what was asked of him.

It’s the tale of his career. He’s found a place on the wing, as the hard-running, rangy player doing jobs, running to the places the team needs him to be, keeping his game simple and trying to connect his teammates.

A player of limitations, he plays within those limitations. At another club he might not have survived, but at Richmond he fits the system and the role perfectly.

“I think about that as well. I have taken on a role on that wing that is so structured and team-orientated as opposed to individual. That’s my role in the side and I love it. I wouldn’t have it any other way, I love being the connector within the playing group,” McIntosh said.

“Early days in my career I got dropped a few times so, no, I’d never thought I’d get to 150 games, if I’m honest. I was wondering, ‘Am I going to get delisted?’ But then the 2017 grand final, 2018, then got dropped again in 2019 and I still had question marks whether I was going to get dropped again. But I dunno, I kept showing up and kept playing and all of a sudden it’s 150 games and it’s like, ‘Geez, that went quick’, but it was a pretty tough route, too.”

On Thursday night 13 members of his family from rural West Australia arrived. The airfares stung, but COVID had blown out travel plans since 2019, so there was a buzz about the place with the tribe arriving. Kamdyn had set up blow-up mattresses and sleeping bags for them all over the house to fit them all in.

They’d come a fair way. His mum drives trucks on the mines in the Pilbara in northern WA and his dad owns the McDonald’s franchise in Karratha but is set to move south to Busselton.

“They were getting in at midnight (Thursday night) and coming over. I said ‘I’ll be asleep, but I’ll get up when you get here.’ The house is going to be full, blow up mattresses, sleeping bags. Reminds me as a kid going to the grandparents down on the farm and you’d bunk up for school holidays and that.”

A connector on the field, he connects the group off it.

When they were in the hub McIntosh was bored. For a fidgety bloke who likes to be busy, being idle was difficult. So he invented a card game. It’s doing well.

“Oleg (Markov), Grimesy, Jase Castagna and I had a heap of time on our hands and I ended up creating this card game based around real estate called ‘Build and Buy’. We are in talks now with Ray White Australia and Hodges real estate and others. It’s actually a pretty free-flowing game,” he said.

“I came up with the idea and the boys gave me a heap of feedback taking the pee. I have a manufacturer on board, graphic designer to do the images. It’s a full card game now up and running.”

The building part of it is because he is close to finishing his building licence and recently launched his company K Trades. Suffice to say its made him popular with his teammates.

“I reckon I have been to 15 of the blokes’ houses to help them out some way or another. The other week I was pouring a concrete slab at Kane Lambert’s. I did the whole landscaping at Jayden Short’s house; Jack Graham, I had to help him with a barbecue pergola area. Grimesy [Dylan Grimes] has had me out at Mount Macedon at his winery doing some gate work.

“Sam Frost at Hawthorn got stitched up by another tradesman and I helped him out, finishing a pergola and barbecue area. We are doing a steam room, sauna, and plunge pool at Mount Martha for a couple of jockeys. It’s good.”

Then again, he has leant on his teammates to help him too. A few years ago he made a concrete and timber dining table. Mainly because Short said he couldn’t. The problem was it was so bloody heavy he couldn’t move it out of his garage where he built it. So he got his teammates over to lift it for him on the promise of a meal.

“I cooked them the good old spaghetti bolognaise and I was cooking that and I thought I had time to change the water over in my fish tank while I was cooking dinner so I was doing that when the boys rocked up. But then they wanted to move the table straight away so we started doing that and I forgot I had the garden hose filling the fish tank.

“It was in the living room, so the fish tank starts over flowing, it was there for about 10 minutes and it’s flooded the whole dining area and kitchen area and then my spaghetti bolognaise was burnt. It was a complete schemozzle.”

And he just laughs at the memory. He is laughing at a lot of memories – two premierships and now 150 games.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...mes-much-to-his-surprise-20230406-p5cyrn.html

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
It's people like this that makes sporting clubs such a great place to be.

What a ripper.

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Do yourself a favour and read this bit of Konrad Marshall magic here.

I've always wanted to know where the nickname 'Capsy' came from, totally obscure and random but hilarious nonetheless.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but from what I can tell the writing tattooed on Cumberland's thigh says... Unbloodybelieveable.

Congrats on 150 Capsy

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Laugh-a-minute Tiger reaches 150 games, much to his surprise

By Michael Gleeson
The Age
April 8, 2023

Kamdyn McIntosh appreciates the absurdity of it. If he played for another club, and not the most successful recent one, he probably would have been cut and never got to 150 games. Thus, he also knows he wouldn’t have two flags if he played for anyone else.

He’s so Richmond. He’s not the perfect player, but he is the ideal Richmond player.

In his words, it’s not only un-bloody-believable (one of his favourite terms) it’s a pee-er (his other favourite).

“Ha it is, it’s un-bloody-believable. Yeah, it’s a pee-er, I’d say to the boys. They are the two words I go with a fair bit,” McIntosh laughed.

Actually, it’s redundant to say McIntosh laughed, it’s all he does. His default position is to laugh, often at himself, as often at his teammates.

He is a funny 150-game player. He’s spent his years between winning flags in 2017 and 2020 in and out of the team and back in again. Throughout just kept turning up, smiling, laughing and doing what was asked of him.

It’s the tale of his career. He’s found a place on the wing, as the hard-running, rangy player doing jobs, running to the places the team needs him to be, keeping his game simple and trying to connect his teammates.

A player of limitations, he plays within those limitations. At another club he might not have survived, but at Richmond he fits the system and the role perfectly.

“I think about that as well. I have taken on a role on that wing that is so structured and team-orientated as opposed to individual. That’s my role in the side and I love it. I wouldn’t have it any other way, I love being the connector within the playing group,” McIntosh said.

“Early days in my career I got dropped a few times so, no, I’d never thought I’d get to 150 games, if I’m honest. I was wondering, ‘Am I going to get delisted?’ But then the 2017 grand final, 2018, then got dropped again in 2019 and I still had question marks whether I was going to get dropped again. But I dunno, I kept showing up and kept playing and all of a sudden it’s 150 games and it’s like, ‘Geez, that went quick’, but it was a pretty tough route, too.”

On Thursday night 13 members of his family from rural West Australia arrived. The airfares stung, but COVID had blown out travel plans since 2019, so there was a buzz about the place with the tribe arriving. Kamdyn had set up blow-up mattresses and sleeping bags for them all over the house to fit them all in.

They’d come a fair way. His mum drives trucks on the mines in the Pilbara in northern WA and his dad owns the McDonald’s franchise in Karratha but is set to move south to Busselton.

He’s our current-day Rough Robbie McGhie. Tough, reliable and durable!

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Hope Kmac has a blinder and we win and he celebrates in style. Great team man

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
Has KMac ever been tried in the centre square? We could do with his contested skills and strength

Reactions: 1 user

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Ordinary against the Cats
And tonight worse. Cannot kick it even under no pressure. Lost all confidence.
Out on the full or to the opposition, or just crap kicks.
What the hell was he doing when Stringer marked it 60 out and Macintosh ran away from him, and let him stroll in to the 50 unmarked no pressure. Kamdyn ran back out to his winger. At least make him make a decision and hedge it.
Got no idea where Stringer’s man was by the way