Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I'm sure he ran a lot yesterday too.

13 disposals (4 contested), below average pressure, 7 clangers, 2 marks (uncontested), 2 tackles in 96min of playing time, below average metres gained.

I'm not sure what 'role' he plays based on this? It's certainly not effective defensively? His 2 inside 50's aren't suggestive of anything offensive either. He did have 2 rebound 50s but I would expect more from that game time and his level of experience.
yep, there is another thread where Sonsie is being torn to shreds for having 7 turnovers on Sunday

Kamdyn to me is a product of our old game plan and these days our game plan means that if you can't deliver the football well consistently then you don't play.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I'd probably drop/rest him for this week. Hasn't been in great form, is now a veteran & opens up an opportunity for a younger player. against a weaker team.
Short or Campbell to play on the wing.
Short isn't in the best form either ....

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Rather keep Seth playing half forward for now. Reckon he adds more to our team there.

The good half forwards need to work up the ground just as much as the wing these days, but then work back closer to goal and have the nouse when and where to be dangerous.

We have no-one since Lablett who's been able to do it until Seth came along this year. There not easy to find. Keep him there.
He appeared to be our 3rd winger a lot on Sunday- ie whenever Pickett or KMac were off he took their spot.

JoeGee

Tiger Cub
Oct 17, 2023
yep, there is another thread where Sonsie is being torn to shreds for having 7 turnovers on Sunday

Kamdyn to me is a product of our old game plan and these days our game plan means that if you can't deliver the football well consistently then you don't play.
Yeah his style of corralling and holding up the run of the opposition was fine back in the day when you had manic pressure coming from all angles...now he just looks out of place.

Sonz at least has the excuse of experience and age.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I think it’s a fair bet McIntosh and Marlion won’t be around in ‘25. Seeing as we clearly aren’t making finals this season I think their games need to be given to the possible next generation. See what Ralphsmith, Green, Smith, Banks, Clarke, Tresize etc have to offer. Sort the wheat from the chaff in some cases and accelerate development in other cases. We’ve seen already a fast development from Seth and Tom Brown, an improvement from Sonsie. Let’s turn a negative (not making finals) into a positive (development and list management)

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
I think it’s a fair bet McIntosh and Marlion won’t be around in ‘25. Seeing as we clearly aren’t making finals this season I think their games need to be given to the possible next generation. See what Ralphsmith, Green, Smith, Banks, Clarke, Tresize etc have to offer. Sort the wheat from the chaff in some cases and accelerate development in other cases. We’ve seen already a fast development from Seth and Tom Brown, an improvement from Sonsie. Let’s turn a negative (not making finals) into a positive (development and list management)
Agree on mcintosh but marlion needs to get to 100 games has to play every game we can see how powerful father sons can be and we have none of them.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Stats gurus, any credence to the theory that there is a correlation between hair transplant failure and a drop in disposal efficiency?

• Haha

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
As I said in another thread. Send him forward until Balta returns. Surely he is a better option then Lefau who is still learning the game at 26 . At 191cm with a big body and long reaching arms. He competes at least and brings ball to ground. If not as a forward he probably is a back up only defender for the remainder of the season in the VFL. Or retirement as a respected former premiership player...

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
How many times I saw him coral an opponent today rather than force their hand for zero effect. He's done.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
He's been a great servant and he'll play the rest of the year, but we need to upgrade next year.

A crucial piece of our dynasty whose game style is unfortunately now defunct in the current game.

Reactions: 3 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Honest question, what good is a player who can run all day but can't find the footy or kick it to a teammate?

Surely you take your medicine and just accept that position is deficient, bring a kid in, and try them until you find one who can do what is required?

With all the injuries we are going to get pummeled anyway. The Cokeheads should have won by 10 goals today.

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
Honest question, what good is a player who can run all day but can't find the footy or kick it to a teammate?

Surely you take your medicine and just accept that position is deficient, bring a kid in, and try them until you find one who can do what is required?

With all the injuries we are going to get pummeled anyway. The Cokeheads should have won by 10 goals today.
I love Macca but I really think it’s over for him and Pickett.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I would put Sam Banks on a wing and leave him there.
Same with Tom Brown at halfback, Sonsie on the ball, Ryan at forward/2nd ruck

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I would put Sam Banks on a wing and leave him there.
Same with Tom Brown at halfback, Sonsie on the ball, Ryan at forward/2nd ruck
What?
Banks is rubbish
Brown thinks he Penderbury
Sony is a Cat shouldve picked his mate Soligio.
Ryan God help us.

The cupboard is bare. Nothing