Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
He’s selected every week, despite your interpretation of the “stats”
Try watching the game instead of looking at your phone.
You might learn something other than making stupid comments about our coach taking notes.
So u have nothing to back up your argument cool champ have a good one

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Fact is KMac not as injury prone as many of our newcomers.Fact is he covers a heap of ground in a game.Fact is there will be errors.Fact is he needs to be in this side still.

Reactions: 4 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Can someone show me some stats to back up all this hard running every stat i see hes not in our top 5 players for distance covered or defensive running speeds or anything along those lines. So hes uncompetitive cant mark cant use the ball, is 30 cant tackle! What am i missing how is he taking the club forward? We have ralphsmith who can run too clarke can run and use the ball Coulthard can run and use it and played some wing in the vfl by the way so tipping that ooz is looking for someone to replace him anyway. I see any of these players as better options right now. Yes mcintosh was a great servant great clubman tries his guts out but hes done! Were talking about right now what is mckintosh providing now this year? Happy to be proven wrong if someone can back this *smile* high speed defensive funning or distance covered stats they pullled out there ass and give some actual facts. Because fact he provides nothing else other than this so called running
Maybe you're not looking hard enough? I think this is what you're after, it's not hard to find. From the AFL app, player stats, tracker - top 5 players from both teams:

Opening Round:
Total Distance Covered: 14.5km (highest Tiger and second highest on ground to Fiorini)
Distance at High Speed: 2.4km (equal third on ground, second Tiger after MRJ)
Highest Average Speed: 9.1km/h (fastest Tiger and second on ground to Macpherson)
Average Speed in Attack: 8.6km/g (equal second on ground and Tiger after Ross)

Round 1:
Distance at High Speed: 2.7km (equal fourth on ground, highest Tiger)

Round 2:
Distance at High Speed: 2.6km (fourth highest on ground, second Tiger after D Rioli)
Highest Average Speed: 9.2km/h (quickest on the ground)
Average Speed in Attack: 8.7km/g (fourth quickest on ground and Tiger after Campbell)

Round 3:
Total Distance Covered: 14.3km (fourth highest on ground, third highest Tiger)
Distance at High Speed: 2.6km (fourth on ground and third highest Tiger)
Highest Average Speed: 9.8km/h (Quickest on the ground)
Average Speed in Defence: 9.5km/g (third highest on the ground and tiger after Banks - 10.3 - and Campbell 9.6)

This is from a 191cm 29 year old!
If you can't see and value KMac's workrate, that's on you. Yes, he's coming to the end of his career, but there is still no one ready to replace the role that he does.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Hey… cool your jets… the man can weld… that is a rare commodity at any club in this day of tech-babies running about the joint. You people need to look at the big picture 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Kam's value over his career is beyond doubt. He's a dual Premiership Tiger. He's been a brilliant winger over our successful era. A tremendous athlete.

I've found his disposal a bit shaky lately though & that's a negative where turnovers are devastating in an evolving game that's ever relying on crisp, accurate skills.

Ralphsmith fell short. Then Banks was supposed to be the one. But Kam saw them both off. He's still running hard.

That said Seth Campbell ran almost the same distance on the weekend & his time trial results in the preseason indicated he's got the tank to play on a wing.
Ross too is showing he can play long minutes in the midfield.

If Campbell plays higher then that could open the possibility for other younger players to fill the flank roles.

KMac's going to keep playing in the ones given the injury list but as players return I think he might get squeezed out and I kinda of hope he does despite flag heroics.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Kam's value over his career is beyond doubt. He's a dual Premiership Tiger. He's been a brilliant winger over our successful era. A tremendous athlete.

I've found his disposal a bit shaky lately though & that's a negative where turnovers are devastating in an evolving game that's ever relying on crisp, accurate skills.

Ralphsmith fell short. Then Banks was supposed to be the one. But Kam saw them both off. He's still running hard.

That said Seth Campbell ran almost the same distance on the weekend & his time trial results in the preseason indicated he's got the tank to play on a wing.

If Campbell plays higher then that could open the possibility for other younger players to fill the flank roles.

KMac's going to keep playing in the ones given the injury list but as players return I think he might get squeezed out and I kinda of hope he does despite flag heroics.
Reckon Seth is the replacement, he spent time on the wing in the first half against the Swans, he looks very suited for the wing role.

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland

Yep Seth’s come from way back and now looks the most likely replacement.
Just needs to work on the brute strength required to be able to shove blokes out of the way

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Maybe you're not looking hard enough? I think this is what you're after, it's not hard to find. From the AFL app, player stats, tracker - top 5 players from both teams:

Opening Round:
Total Distance Covered: 14.5km (highest Tiger and second highest on ground to Fiorini)
Distance at High Speed: 2.4km (equal third on ground, second Tiger after MRJ)
Highest Average Speed: 9.1km/h (fastest Tiger and second on ground to Macpherson)
Average Speed in Attack: 8.6km/g (equal second on ground and Tiger after Ross)

Round 1:
Distance at High Speed: 2.7km (equal fourth on ground, highest Tiger)

Round 2:
Distance at High Speed: 2.6km (fourth highest on ground, second Tiger after D Rioli)
Highest Average Speed: 9.2km/h (quickest on the ground)
Average Speed in Attack: 8.7km/g (fourth quickest on ground and Tiger after Campbell)

Opening Round:
Total Distance Covered: 14.3km (fourth highest on ground, third highest Tiger)
Distance at High Speed: 2.6km (fourth on ground and third highest Tiger)
Highest Average Speed: 9.8km/h (Quickest on the ground)
Average Speed in Defence: 9.5km/g (third highest on the ground and tiger after Banks - 10.3 - and Campbell 9.6)

This is from a 191cm 29 year old!
If you can't see and value KMac's workrate, that's on you. Yes, he's coming to the end of his career, but there is still no one ready to replace the role that he does.
You and your *smile* facts again

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
To me, Seth would be wasted on the wing. If aerobically capable, I'd try and train Ralphsmith and Cumberland as our future wingers. Both are a good height, with pace and can win 1 on 1 contests, with disposal comparable to Kamdyn.

JoeGee

Tiger Cub
Oct 17, 2023

I'm sure he ran a lot yesterday too.

13 disposals (4 contested), below average pressure, 7 clangers, 2 marks (uncontested), 2 tackles in 96min of playing time, below average metres gained.

I'm not sure what 'role' he plays based on this? It's certainly not effective defensively? His 2 inside 50's aren't suggestive of anything offensive either. He did have 2 rebound 50s but I would expect more from that game time and his level of experience.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'd probably drop/rest him for this week. Hasn't been in great form, is now a veteran & opens up an opportunity for a younger player. against a weaker team.
Short or Campbell to play on the wing.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'd probably drop/rest him for this week. Hasn't been in great form, is now a veteran & opens up an opportunity for a younger player. against a weaker team.
Short or Campbell to play on the wing.
Which younger player would you bring in? I'd love to see Smith get a go at half-back with Short on the wing, but given we're taking it slowly because of his foot is that likely? Otherwise it's likely Banks again.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Which younger player would you bring in? I'd love to see Smith get a go at half-back with Short on the wing, but given we're taking it slowly because of his foot is that likely? Otherwise it's likely Banks again.
Campbell or Short up to the wing. McAuliffe into the midfield mix. Bakes returning too.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Rather keep Seth playing half forward for now. Reckon he adds more to our team there.

The good half forwards need to work up the ground just as much as the wing these days, but then work back closer to goal and have the nouse when and where to be dangerous.

We have no-one since Lablett who's been able to do it until Seth came along this year. There not easy to find. Keep him there.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Finally on Seth. (unpopular opinion alert) Would be showing him tapes of Gryan Myers this year as someone he (and the club) can look to emulate.

Has similar athletic traits.