Kamdyn McIntosh | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kamdyn McIntosh

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Banks is going backwards, from what was never much of a base, at a rate of knots.
Oh, I was being facetious. But given where the year is, I'd probably give him the games to see if he can change his momentum. He's got another year, so better to exhaust his opportunities, than put 18 more games into Kamdyn, and I'm a long time Kmac fan.

jltiger

Tiger Cub
Oct 2, 2004
Great servant...
Play him in the 2nds, to show the kids the level of commitment reqd.
Must move past him.
I thought tresize would take hid spot but he looked ok in the bsckline today.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Looks a backman to me now.
He is comfortable running at the ball rather than the sideways movement agility that wingmen need to have.
Half back is his go .

JoeGee

Tiger Cub
Oct 17, 2023
13 disposals, 6 turnovers.

Am I correct on the turnover statistic definition that it means Kmac gave the ball to the opposition 6 times with his 13 touches?

Time for a spell.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

Am I correct on the turnover statistic definition that it means Kmac gave the ball to the opposition 6 times with his 13 touches?

Time for a spell.
Are you aware we won the game? And Kamdyn won and squared some critical contests when the whips were cracking? and on top of all that, we got 2 injuries and a suspension to experienced players? You really gots to wonder sometimes.

Reactions: 14 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Time for a spell.

Dont think thats correct. Leysy's understanding is you can have a turnover without having a possession.

i.e. Are dispossessed of the ball prior to disposal (i.e. tackle) and opposition obtain possession.

TimeToRoar

Tiger Superstar
Apr 13, 2014
I've been a detractor regarding his skill level - BUT, being at the ground watching this guy run up and down all day on a wing is incredible. He positions himself to block the opposition switch from the back line. He lurks near the centre guarding the wing and half back flank. If the opposition look to switch and kick across to the wing or half back flank he runs like a madman to impede the mark and try to halve the contest to break down that outlet. You can see hesitation in opposition sometimes contemplating the switch when they see Flappers out there guarding the space. He may not get multiple disposals and yes his skills are not the best at times, but until we find another runner who does what he does on the wing, he stays in for now.

Reactions: 13 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
With so many senior players out injured, it's all old hands on deck. KMac will probably play every game this year.

Reactions: 4 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Play him full forward. Competes. Can take a mark. Good set shot.
Can take a mark??? Did you see the 2 simple marks he dropped? his marking has always been iffy.

KMac is a running machine winger. He's doing OK, leave him there. His workrate and pressure are fine.

Reactions: 1 user

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West
I've been a detractor regarding his skill level - BUT, being at the ground watching this guy run up and down all day on a wing is incredible. He positions himself to block the opposition switch from the back line. He lurks near the centre guarding the wing and half back flank. If the opposition look to switch and kick across to the wing or half back flank he runs like a madman to impede the mark and try to halve the contest to break down that outlet. You can see hesitation in opposition sometimes contemplating the switch when they see Flappers out there guarding the space. He may not get multiple disposals and yes his skills are not the best at times, but until we find another runner who does what he does on the wing, he stays in for now.
All stuff you don’t see on TV…. but what’s noticeable when viewing live is the amount of two way running that he and Pickett perform… I reckon the skill errors that both deliver regularly that have supporters pulling their hair out, is a direct consequence of the amount of running they do.

Reactions: 14 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Exactly. Cant see this from your couch.

Huge part of 2017 gf win. Watched him do the same at that game.

Pickett does this very well too. But more with his gadget arms and lope speed.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Yes he ran 14 kms as usual. Yes he covered space as usual but he did have 5 clangers from 14 possessions so some of the criticism is valid.
I'm a massive fan but there will come a time when his huge work rate can be shared for improved disposal.
McAuliffe can't play his role yet obviously but if you moved Campbell or Ross out to a wing then it starts to look more manageable.
helped make us great in a chaos era but this is a team in transition & I'm not certain Kam is part of the future beyond this season..

Reactions: 5 users

JoeGee

Tiger Cub
Oct 17, 2023
Exactly. Cant see this from your couch.

Huge part of 2017 gf win. Watched him do the same at that game.

Pickett does this very well too. But more with his gadget arms and lope speed.
Huge part of a GF win 7 years ago.

I get a lot of people have strong feelings about Kmac and yeah he runs 2 ways a lot and flaps his hands around in people's faces instead of tackling. I still don't think he's competing anywhere near his potential and don't think that should be rewarded when we have kids missing out (if they're available).

I got the turnover stat from the AFL website but the interpretation is iffy.

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
Can someone show me some stats to back up all this hard running every stat i see hes not in our top 5 players for distance covered or defensive running speeds or anything along those lines. So hes uncompetitive cant mark cant use the ball, is 30 cant tackle! What am i missing how is he taking the club forward? We have ralphsmith who can run too clarke can run and use the ball Coulthard can run and use it and played some wing in the vfl by the way so tipping that ooz is looking for someone to replace him anyway. I see any of these players as better options right now. Yes mcintosh was a great servant great clubman tries his guts out but hes done! Were talking about right now what is mckintosh providing now this year? Happy to be proven wrong if someone can back this *smile* high speed defensive funning or distance covered stats they pullled out there ass and give some actual facts. Because fact he provides nothing else other than this so called running

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Can someone show me some stats to back up all this hard running every stat i see hes not in our top 5 players for distance covered or defensive running speeds or anything along those lines. So hes uncompetitive cant mark cant use the ball, is 30 cant tackle! What am i missing how is he taking the club forward? We have ralphsmith who can run too clarke can run and use the ball Coulthard can run and use it and played some wing in the vfl by the way so tipping that ooz is looking for someone to replace him anyway. I see any of these players as better options right now. Yes mcintosh was a great servant great clubman tries his guts out but hes done!
Have you been looking at Yze’s notes again?
What do they say about Jayden Short?

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
Have you been looking at Yze’s notes again?
What do they say about Jayden Short?
Where are your stats mate your happy to defend him and abuse everyone for having an opinion on him now show us something to back your opinion up or *smile* off

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Where are your stats mate your happy to defend him and abuse everyone for having an opinion on him now show us something to back your opinion up or *smile* off
He’s selected every week, despite your interpretation of the “stats”
Try watching the game instead of looking at your phone.
You might learn something other than making stupid comments about our coach taking notes.