Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

Well, I think that's likely every club in the competition so probably.

But I was referring to being elite operators in our fields. Because maybe, just maybe, Geelong were just the best team and beat everybody fair and square. And that Chris Scott is an excellent coach. And Steve Hocking is just a pretty competent administrator.

I know it hurts to acknowledge these possibilities, but possibilities they are.

Of course they are possibilities. Like the possibility of alien life elsewhere in the universe or the possibility the earth is flat

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Well, I think that's likely every club in the competition so probably.

But I was referring to being elite operators in our fields. Because maybe, just maybe, Geelong were just the best team and beat everybody fair and square. And that Chris Scott is an excellent coach. And Steve Hocking is just a pretty competent administrator.

I know it hurts to acknowledge these possibilities, but possibilities they are.
At the very least, you and Chris Scott both think you are elite operators in your fields. Scott is probably close, you I couldnt possibly know.

Reactions: 1 user
Improving.

I honestly don't understand why it is so hard for people to acknowledge opposition. It's like having 8 year old boys and girls hold hands.

You don't need to like someone to recognise they are very good at something.

Rather ironic given Scott's attitude towards us.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Improving.

I honestly don't understand why it is so hard for people to acknowledge opposition. It's like having 8 year old boys and girls hold hands.

Just gaming. Scott is a good coach, and if he keeps improving who knows how good he'll end up.
I would rank him 3rd out of the current coaches, he can very proud of that

Who do you think could overtake him?

Can't see anyone overtaking, if he wins another flag this year he would move to second, another after that and move to first.

If he gets to four he would be the best ever, although if Hardwick could win two more or Clarkson take North to one they would edge back in front.

Thankfully back to Cornes

Said no one ever. Unless the alternative was Chris Scott

• Haha
Improving.

This is probably the basis of the conversation.

Scott’s record as a coach is very good as is Geelong’s as a club, no doubt about it. I don’t have any issues personally with acknowledging that.

However, the issue so many Richmond supporters have with Chris Scott in particular, and also to some extent others at the club, is that through 2017-2020 he wouldn’t acknowledge the we were a great team even though during that period it was them who we beat 3 times on the our way to winning flags.

The name Salty Scott came about for a reason. There is no Salty Hinkley or Salty Cameron. This lack of acknowledgement annoys a lot of supporters and probably colours their opinions of him as a Coach and also of Geelong FC.

Reactions: 10 users
This is probably the basis of the conversation.

Scott’s record as a coach is very good as is Geelong’s as a club, no doubt about it. I don’t have any issues personally with acknowledging that.

However, the issue so many Richmond supporters have with Chris Scott in particular, and also to some extent others at the club, is that through 2017-2020 he wouldn’t acknowledge the we were a great team even though during that period it was them who we beat 3 times on the our way to winning flags.

The name Salty Scott came about for a reason. There is no Salty Hinkley or Salty Cameron. This lack of acknowledgement annoys a lot of supporters and probably colours their opinions of him as a Coach and also of Geelong FC.
That and he’s a sh!t bloke.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Driving home on Monday night and KC interviewed Ken Hinkley. In the intro to the interview, he talked about how Port have lost a couple of close Prelims and things could have been different if it wasn’t for a bit of luck. Then he made a reference to “Dusty magic and a ridiculous deliberate out of bounds decision” in 2020.

This guy has a massive chip on his shoulder for all things Richmond. Its pathetic.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 9 users