Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

massive blow. massive.

we don't have many transition mids to begin with.

lambert, edwards, prestia, cotchin are all second hand pass types. critical to releasing our users in space.

bolts and dusty are best deployed as outside users

none of our kids have come close to showing ability as transition mids (except maybe flashes from the Sonz and Dow)

we will be absorbing plenty of I50s this year I fear

Reactions: 1 user
As much as we are potting Geelong for having an old list, it certainly feels like our boys are the ones with the old man injuries.
Who soft koks like Higgins and Judas Smith?.
They wouldn't know what a 'hard ball' get is,
Both could play to 50 the way they play.
Lambert BigV and Graham are head first in players.
*smile* Geelong

Reactions: 1 users
Burge was saying he trained this week and they will monitor him.
The media made out he needed 2 hip replacements.

Reactions: 2 users
My hip expert mate contacted me re lambert:

“If they do the right thing by him
Scope, stem cells and lots of rehabilitation
He’ll be quicker and longer kick next season and will hold onto his hip long term
But this season gone…
Bet they don’t do the right thing “

He’s obviously concerned with how the Tigers will manage him.
Hope he’s wrong.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Not to disrespect your source DA but the run faster and kick longer bit is a bit of a stretch I think.
We can rebuild him.
man dollar GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Not to disrespect your source DA but the run faster and kick longer bit is a bit of a stretch I think. Unless it is comparing him to how he is now of course.
Think he’s comparing it to if they don’t follow the process he’s recommending and take short cuts or try to rush the process

• Love
He's had issues with just about every joint in his body unfortunately.

With all the testing they do, there's a chance he was aware he might be more predisposed to certain types of injuries, which would make all the hard running he's done even more courageous.

Burge was saying he trained this week and they will monitor him.
The media made out he needed 2 hip replacements.
He also said he has been playing through and managing this sort of pain throughout last year.

That being said he looked like a granny trying to outrun a rottweiler on the training footage they used. Looked ever so awkward and proppy. Graham didn't look so comfortable either.

Reactions: 1 user
You'd think his back would be the next thing to give out.
No coincidence that he's hardly got on the park since he started going out with her.

I remember the days I stayed home in bed with a new wog after a weekend of fun

If reports are accurate regarding Lambert's season-ending injury then he will be a massive out for the team. Bugger!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Apparently the decision has been made for no surgery and Kane will be increasing his training loads.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Staggered if they think he will play soon. Held together by Tarzan grip and chicken wire at the moment. Bloody shame as he is sooooo important for how we play. Gun !

Kane has been a great servant of the club, would have prob been in the lesser paid player category - and yet, was selfless, humble, no fuss, a team player.

I would be rapt to watch him for years to come - but I also hope he takes care of his body and gives the game up if he cant get it right because he's too young to go through life with serious hip issues. And he has 3 flags.

Reactions: 13 users
Was good to hear Kane was training with the main group yesterday given the severity of his injuries.
One would think it's going to be hard for him to break back in from here but you'd never write him off. Can he get more from his body?
What an incredible player he's been. I truly hope he gets back.

Reactions: 9 users