Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Kane has been a great servant of the club, would have prob been in the lesser paid player category - and yet, was selfless, humble, no fuss, a team player.

I would be rapt to watch him for years to come - but I also hope he takes care of his body and gives the game up if he cant get it right because he's too young to go through life with serious hip issues. And he has 3 flags.
Agree, however Kane might be one of those that wants to squeeze as much as possible out of his career considering he had a late start in the AFL.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just read that Lambo's partner Abbey Gelmi is taking over from Jacqui Felgate as Ch 7 sports news reader.

Interesting to see when she mentions him in any news report.

Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Hopefully Kane is hip and with it.
Austin Powers fans will know what I mean.

• Haha

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Just read that Lambo's partner Abbey Gelmi is taking over from Jacqui Felgate as Ch 7 sports news reader.

I’m more interested in whether on or not she’s worn his hips out. He has barely played since they started dating!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

Didn't know Abbey Gelmi was Lambo's Partner. Now I know why he has had hip problems. Hips would be working overtime

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Thank *smile* for that. Missus insists on always watching Ch 7 news, seriously annoying having to cop Farmgate, Jane's Bunns n Gibber Brown cackling away each night.
Not a chance in hell Abbey won't be a major improvement.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Reckon even if everything goes perfectly he is still 4-5 weeks away playing seniors

It is more likely that he pulls up sore over the next couple of weeks and pulls the plug on the season,

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I have massive respect for Kane. Everything about how he has played for us and represented us in the public domain, has been full of class. Model citizen.
Watching him today, his walk, almost a limp, is very pronounced, its hard to imagine he has too many games in the seniors left.

I wish him all the best and hope he thinks about his body long term. Because he has been a champ for years and doesn't need to give the Tigers anymore.

Reactions: 4 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I had to hold onto something on Satedey afternoon, I was about to faint.
Hardwick actually put a best 22 player into the reserves before his return.
Does bigV get the same return??

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
I had to hold onto something on Satedey afternoon, I was about to faint.
Hardwick actually put a best 22 player into the reserves before his return.
Does bigV get the same return??
Already said that Vlastin would walk straight back into Seniors. I dont think we will see him in the ressies any time soon

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I reckon Kane could become our permanent sub. Light training during the week. Keep the skills sharp. He looked in great touch on Saturday. If he sits on the pine all day no worries. Great player to bring on for a half or three quarters. As guru Bob says "tink about dat"

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
as others have mentioned

No need for Kane to play vfl, unnecessary

Absolute perfect sub, build him up slowly for as long as he lasts