Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

I'm sad he's going, but it was a long time coming.

What a great player, leader and role model he's been for us. I hope he can stick around the club in a coaching/development capacity.

Reactions: 3 users
A Tiger champion. Sad way to finsh up. He got the absolute most out of his body. At his peak he just got to more contests than anyone else.

On outcome v expectation would hard to be surpassed in modern football. Near mature age overlooked in drafts and was critical part of our Fab 4 midfield.
Just another example that you don't have to be super fast to be a very good inside mid. Just the player we need now. Thanks for the memories Kane.

That goal in the 3rd qtr, 2017 GF will always be one of my favourite moments. Good luck in retirement and hope we keep him around.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
The best and rarest kind of champion:

Understated, intelligent, selfless, triple premiership

Bravo Kane Lambert: champion

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Was a great story in perseverance, all those drafts he went unpicked to become a triple premiership player. Well done.

Brilliant and gutsy career from a club legend. Held in the highest regard on this forum and by the club. Thank you 3 time Premiership champ!

Reactions: 5 users
Despite knowing it was coming I'm guttered. 8 games = 8 wins 2022. They all walked a little taller when Kane was on the field.

Reactions: 8 users
The tributes on here are saying it so well. It saddens me that his hip that needs replacing is very likely at least partially damaged by all the hits he must have taken over his brilliant career with us.

Congratulations on your amazing achievements in a challenged career, Craig. True RFC legend and outstanding role model for all aspiring players, especially those not blessed with great natural attributes beginning with the size.

Really hope club finds a suitable role going forward such as AC. Well-done Champ and the lasting gratitude of the Tiger Army.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Well played Kane. Been a pleasure watching you play.

One of the most consistent, hard working professionals to play the game.

Good luck with your future endeavours.

Reactions: 2 users
When I was in my teens, my favourite player was Craig Lambert. Then he went to Brisbane and broke my heart. But the next Lambert to play for Richmond became a hugely important part of our premiership revival. Thanks champ.

A sad day; unfortunately injury has cruelled him and forced him to retire way too early.

What a champion of the RFC this bloke has been. What a story. One of my favourites. Just a ripper.

He is absolute Exhibit A as evidence that you don't need to be an over the top arrogant prick to be a great footballer and clubman. He has conducted his career with great humility and a quiet but strong confidence that he had what it took to make it despite all of the knockbacks as a young player. He has all the hallmarks of a true champion.

Bravo Lambo. A true Richmond man. His contribution will never be forgotten.

Reactions: 19 users
A sad day; unfortunately injury has cruelled him and forced him to retire way too early.

What a champion of the RFC this bloke has been. What a story. One of my favourites. Just a ripper.

He is absolute Exhibit A as evidence that you don't need to be an over the top arrogant prick to be a great footballer and clubman. He has conducted his career with great humility and a quiet but strong confidence that he had what it took to make it despite all of the knockbacks as a young player. He has all the hallmarks of a true champion.

Bravo Lambo. A true Richmond man. His contribution will never be forgotten.
Well said Ridles.

Reactions: 1 users
We knew this day was coming.
A good move by Lambo.
You need to be able to get out of bed in the morning.
Or not... :))

Stunning career.
Started late.
Talk about getting value for money.
135 Games. 3 Cups.
Endless memories.

Congratulations Lambo!
Champion!

Champion. Underrated.

Our win/loss record when he played spoke for itself.