Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
He's be a really good coach IMO.
Makes sense he's been able to survive and thrive adapting to higher and higher levels of performance. His life experience should make a better coach than someone more naturally gifted and traversing the usual football pathways. Let's make it happen (only if he's exhausted his playing options). I hate the idea that he's running around bone on bone. Can't have good quality of life ATM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Hopefully a few more if it just takes time to settle.

He will miss the Swans game clearly, then has another week off with the bye.

Aim to play him against Port, Carlton and Geelong (all at the MCG, all have 7 day breaks)
Rest against West Coast and possibly Gold Coast
Aim to play him against North, Freo and Brisbane
Rest him from the Port trip
Aim to play him against Hawthorn and Essendon to see the season out.
Bye week gives him a week off
Then its finals time baby.

2 week break, then 3 games, then 2 week break, then 3 games, then 1 week break, then 2 games, then 1 week break going into finals. Possibly plays 8 excluding finals.
R 13, 14 & 15
Rest
R 19, 20, 21
Rest
Finals

Reactions: 1 user

Bourke'sFifthSymphony

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
Dimma has mentioned Lambs' playing in pain repeatedly.
Probably Lambs' last year.
Ideally he and Shedsy retire.
Meaning that Jack R can stay on.
Two retirements are enough.
Brilliant passage of play versus the Dons, where Jack hollows out the forward line, easy uncontested mark and goal.
Jack is a brilliant tactician and reader of the game.

Reactions: 5 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Lambert is a restricted free agent at the end of the year.

Happy that he has been paid well enough to be on that list since as one of our highest earners, as he will be retired 2-3 seasons early than what was planned.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
There are few players who have a lasting effect on a footy club. You can easily see that Lambert is one of them. Whilst he doesn’t have the same high profile as some other players, within the four walls he would be sitting comfortably next to the likes of Martin, Cotchin, Jack etc in terms of importance when we won our premierships.
Bloody oath.
He's a Legend.

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
He's played 100+ games, so can't wait until he and Abbey start working on some little Lambos.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Lambert is a restricted free agent at the end of the year.

Happy that he has been paid well enough to be on that list since as one of our highest earners, as he will be retired 2-3 seasons early than what was planned.
Yeah. ..I was sort of surprised to see him listed in the top 25% as we tend to hear so much about role players at Richmond and he's often been categorized as such. Obviously, his manager and the club recognized his value.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
If we can get a block between now and finals (assuming our momentum continues), then a few finals that would be a fitting end. Its such a shame sing he was late into the system and now this injury robs him of another 2-3 more season. Saying that he can be extremely satisfied that in his 132 games he has 3 premiership medallions to savour for the rest of his life. Such a clubman, so committed to get the most out of himself, very very smart footballer who does little things that go unnoticed on the field.

We thought we would not see him at all in 2022 - yet he played 6-7 games (inc VFL), lets hope there are a few more games to go.

Reactions: 4 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Lambo's services as an assistant/culture driver will be in high demand. Clubs will bid for him. We'll have to shed someone if we want to fit him into the soft cap.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Lambo's services as an assistant/culture driver will be in high demand. Clubs will bid for him. We'll have to shed someone if we want to fit him into the soft cap.
I don't mind if he goes somewhere else a bit like Grigga.
Returns when the master retires.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Hope he doesn't follow Richo's path.

Based on plenty of our players and former players recent exploits, we should be looking forward to an AFLW dynasty in 20-25 years. Knowing our luck re father/son and father/daughter, it will be a moot point as we will all be watching AFL e-sports by then.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Well, it sounds as though this is the final stretch for Lambert.
As Dimma said, whatever games he plays from here on in will be an absolute bonus.
I'm guessing he won't be in the Yellow and Black beyond this year given his injury.
A real gun player. Maybe the Club will manage him carefully and have him fresh for three or four finals matches to finish off his career.
We'll just have to soak up every minute he's on the field this year because we won't be seeing much more of this great player.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Damage is already done mate, his bone spurs which he had removed a few seasons back carved the cartledge out of his hip joint years back.

The ensuing damage is the result of bone on bone with no cartledge.
I had bone on bone knee thanks to many years of sport (no cartilages left) and osteoarthritis (old age) so I know how painful bone on bone can be and even though I was no top sportsman, it virtually stopped all thoughts of sport exertion. A recent knee replacement means I can do most things relatively normally with limitations and pain free again but as Kane is a at the top of his game no op will allow him to play again at his level so I am grateful to him putting his body on the line this season but we have to accept Kane's contributions are limited until he retires at seasons end. Someone mentioned Andy Murray having hip surgery and whilst he can play again his movement is restricted and he is a shell of the player he was three years ago

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Collingwood or Drugs will probably go for him.