Kane McAuliffe | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane McAuliffe

Some say this impressive kid is rcd like the huge difference is rcd accept for the last half of his final year couldn't find the ball even at vfl level,this kids starring early

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly - he’s wasted at VFL level. Looks every inch an AFL player.
I reckon this week in the VFL topped Macca off nicely, at the start of the game i called out you weak prick no 12 for Sydney, (very perceptive of me as it turned out being Taylor Adams ;) :) ), as he started smacking into McAuliffe before the ball was even bounced.
Another test Macca passed with flying colours.

Reactions: 14 users
I reckon this week in the VFL topped Macca off nicely, at the start of the game i called out you weak prick no 12 for Sydney, (very perceptive of me as it turned out being Taylor Adams ;) :) ), as he started smacking into McAuliffe before the ball was even bounced.
Another test Macca passed with flying colours.
Taylor Adams is such a tip rat.

His first intent was to play the man and not the ball.

Kane Cripps Mcauliffe went toe to toe with him and beat him on the inside and outside.

Reactions: 5 users
Kane McAuliffe tested 2.93/20m. That's very brisk. But when he drops the hammer he looks a lot quicker than that.

How could a champion like McAuliffe go 40 in an AFL ND?

McA averaged say 27 at SANFL U18 level but only 17 at Carnival level. Not a lot of ball.

The SA coach was very team oriented. Bravo! And McA had to work defensively to win their only game when he might have shone in a loss. This actually happened against Vic Country. Was pitted against Zane Duursma, smashed for eight minutes then rallied and yeah.

That said, 17 possession average at Carnival level is meh.

At one carnival game - McA was not in frame. Oppo has won the ball at CB. And is breaking toward goal. McA is now in frame and has oppo by the ankle and the waist at the same time. He has the foot in his hands. And the waist. So he lets go and no free is called. Wins ball. Bizarre. Genius.

McA is nothing like Coughlan at the level. Nothing like Cotchin. Maybe like 23yo George. Very eccentric ball attack with an orthodox left foot.

The query on McA has been BWA and IQ. He will profit from the RFC teachings.

Kane McAuliffe tested 2.93/20m. That's very brisk. But when he drops the hammer he looks a lot quicker than that.

McA averaged say 27 at SANFL U18 level but only 17 at Carnival level. Not a lot of ball.

The SA coach was very team oriented. Bravo! And McA had to work defensively to win their only game when he might have shone in a loss. This actually happened against Vic Country. Was pitted against Zane Duursma, smashed for eight minutes then rallied and yeah.

At one carnival game - McA was not in frame. Oppo has won the ball at CB. And is breaking toward goal. McA is now in frame and has oppo by the ankle and the waist at the same time. He has the foot in his hands. And the waist. So he lets go and no free is called. Wins ball. Bizarre. Genius.

McA is nothing like Coughlan at the level. Nothing like Cotchin. Maybe like 23yo George. Very eccentric ball attack with an orthodox left foot.

Pretty obvious he Tanked to get to us.

• Haha
Again, looked a level above VFL. Not sure what there is to be gained by continuing to play him there. Give him a block of games in the AFL and get a real sense of where he’s at.

Again, looked a level above VFL. Not sure what there is to be gained by continuing to play him there. Give him a block of games in the AFL and get a real sense of where he’s at.
Agree. I'd hate to see him pick up an injury in the ressies and lose momentum.

Been told to change his game and run defensively would have had him doing lots of dumb running as well and probably gun shy ,his testing and vfl form say,WE GOT 1 HERE.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm not against giving the kid stability and a great grounding before pushing him up.

Reactions: 1 users
More than happy Kane seems to have stepped seamlessly from U18 to Magoos and for the moment it won't hurt him at all to spend a bit of time consolidating his performance at this level, as it's his first year in the system.
People seem to forget all of a sudden that we've got a bunch of draftees from previous years that have barely had more than a hole filling role in recent years as our premiership champions were eased out on their terms. Moju, Sonz, Dow, Brown, Campbell, Green, Samsung, Raaalllph, Clarkey, Coolhand, Treesize, Cummerbund, Bower, Banks, Smith have all been around for three or four years yet none of them has been given the time or opportunity to actually settle themselves into the team or a role it's been pretty much plug a game here or there n back to magoos when the stars return.
Reckon Ouzo's biggest job this year will be weeding the garden n finding out which of the shrubs n trees are going to continue their growth and development while trimming off the twigs that aren't quite gunna grow anymore.

Reactions: 3 users
Fitness maybe?
He's an 18yo kid who is tiring in vfl games.
If he plays next week it will be grouse, but if he doesn't he is still learning and building

Fitness maybe?
If he plays next week it will be grouse, but if he doesn't he is still learning and building
Looks pretty fit to me. But Oldie made a good point, which midfielder do you drop after yesterday's game?

Fitness maybe?
This kid is exactly what we need. But the club will take a very cautious approach with him. They want him AFL ready. He when he comes in it won’t be on a half forward flank. It will be in the guts. Next to Tim and Shai.

His time will come but I think not for a few weeks yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Depending on when the VFL play next week, there might be value in him travelling to Adelaide with the seniors to just learn and be part of the squad as part of his development.

Agree with others that there is nothing wrong with doing an apprentice in the VFl and then come in with some more footy and endurance under his belt