Kayo price increase incoming & digital memberships | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kayo price increase incoming & digital memberships

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Just activated my 6 months of free Kayo which i recieved when i purchased a new TV for the kids on boxing day. Thanks jb-hi fi

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Anyone subscribed to the Richmond digital membership yet? I just did so but there’s nothing to inform how you link it up to your Kayo subscription.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Anyone subscribed to the Richmond digital membership yet? I just did so but there’s nothing to inform how you link it up to your Kayo subscription.
Yeah I did.
It took a day or two to send out the info.

Weirdly it's just a discount code that you can put in when signing up to kayo. It discounts the year to 0 dollars.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah I did.
It took a day or two to send out the info.

Weirdly it's just a discount code that you can put in when signing up to kayo. It discounts the year to 0 dollars.
I got the code at 9.30 this morning put it in my Kayo and.......nothing....still don't have access.

This is a terrible process.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Over the last several years, Foxtel would send out a notice to gouge a (25%-50%) increase in its rates. Each year I would ring up and ask to be disconnected. I would then be transferred to the "Sign em up for another 12 months" department where I was usually able to negotiate a better deal. This year the increase from $46 to $74 per month could not be negotiated, so I told them I'd rather continue eating and drinking as much as I am accustomed to than pay for their shows. I've now received their instructions for packing up and returning the IQbox and will be arranging for the switch to Kayo for the start of next month.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

frecks

Tiger Cub
Feb 24, 2008
Over the last several years, Foxtel would send out a notice to gouge a (25%-50%) increase in its rates. Each year I would ring up and ask to be disconnected. I would then be transferred to the "Sign em up for another 12 months" department where I was usually able to negotiate a better deal. This year the increase from $46 to $74 per month could not be negotiated, so I told them I'd rather continue eating and drinking as much as I am accustomed to than pay for their shows. I've now received their instructions for packing up and returning the IQbox and will be arranging for the switch to Kayo for the start of next month.
You won't be disappointed with the switch, just with the extra weight put on from all those extra frothies & the calories intake you can now afford. Enjoy.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Just activated my 6 months of free Kayo which i recieved when i purchased a new TV for the kids on boxing day. Thanks jb-hi fi
How did you do that? We got a TV with the same deal, and worried we didn't get a coupon or a code etc.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
We're exactly the same, Yinnar.

Used to watch lots of Foxtel content but since adding a couple of streaming apps (which are relatively cheap), we hardly ever watch Foxtel.

So the I.Q. box is about to get the boot.

Hello Kayo!

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I altered my Foxtel package during the week. Saved $92 per month (we had a Platinum package and have 2 boxes).

I cut back on all the unnecessary stuff we weren’t watching (esp the rubbish, out of date movies that they provide) and said to them that as a 20 year subscriber I should be getting a better deal than any new subscriber getting special offers. So the long and short of it was that between cutting the channels back and them offering a “loyalty” discount that went below any special deals for newbies, I saved $92 per month.

Kayo is ok if you just want sport but I find the streaming and functionality a bit clumsy, plus I watch a lot of non-sport channels eg CNBC, MSNBC, History Channel, the Bikini Bonanza channel etc etc.

Last edited:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I altered my Foxtel package during the week. Saved $92 per month (we had a Platinum package and have 2 boxes).

I cut back on all the unnecessary stuff we weren’t watching (esp the rubbish, out of date movies that they provide) and said to them that as a 20 year subscriber I should be getting a better deal than any new subscriber getting special offers. So the long and short of it was that between cutting the channels back and them offering a “loyalty” discount that went below any special deals for newbies, I saved $92 per month.

Kayo is ok if you just want sport but I find the streaming and functionality a bit clumsy, plus I watch a lot of non-sport channels eg CNBC, MSNBC, History Channel, the Bikini Bonanza channel etc etc.
How did you save $92? I've noticed they still have most channels except sport and movies all bundled in this Platinum Plus ($140) ready to start from March 1. 2nd box (as we have) still costs $25?

Feb 25, 2007
We had Foxtel for like 20 years and in recent years IQ4 on platinum for around $150 with 2nd box
The start of last year pissed it off, and haven't looked back.

I got Kayo, binge, Netflix, paramount (had half price deal for the whole year for $45), and Amazon Prime for $59 for the year but went up to $79 for the year. Will add on MGM for $60 for the year via Amazon Prime as they own it and I was Umming and Arghing whether to get Disney but with 3 young boys got that for $11.66 a month as they like (Marvel, Star Wars, and Pixar), I paid it yearly. Added on some free movie apps TUBI and MUBI not that I use them much but they are there as an option.
More older type moves https://tubitv.com/home

All that combined paying around $100 per month and there's so much more on offer. Foxtel when it came to their movies always wanted payment even for oldish movies and it's gotten worse whereas these other apps the majority I would say are free.

Just on Kayo, all most need to do is at the end of the program click on the back button on the remote to get out of that game, and then choose the next game or program that you want to watch. When I first got it didn't know I had to do that as when the program finished it just froze, so easy peasy now once I worked that out.
Having Foxtel for 20 years was just a different way of functionality.

Last edited:

Razorgang2

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 15, 2014
Did that a fortnight ago, and it was a revelation. You will not be disappointed with Kayo. So far, working flawlessly with me.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
We had Foxtel for like 20 years and in recent years IQ4 on platinum for around $150 with 2nd box
The start of last year pissed it off, and haven't looked back.

I got Kayo, binge, Netflix, paramount (had half price deal for the whole year for $45), and Amazon Prime for $59 for the year but went up to $79 for the year. Will add on MGM for $60 for the year via Amazon Prime as they own it and I was Umming and Arghing whether to get Disney but with 3 young boys got that for $11.66 a month as they like (Marvel, Star Wars, and Pixar), I paid it yearly. Added on some free movie apps TUBI and MUBI not that I use them much but they are there as an option.
More older type moves https://tubitv.com/home

All that combined paying around $100 per month and there's so much more on offer. Foxtel when it came to their movies always wanted payment even for oldish movies and it's gotten worse whereas these other apps the majority I would say are free.

Just on Kayo, all most need to do is at the end of the program click on the back button on the remote to get out of that game, and then choose the next game or program that you want to watch. When I first got it didn't know I had to do that as when the program finished it just froze, so easy peasy now once I worked that out.
Having Foxtel for 20 years was just a different way of functionality.
I reckon my yearly pay tv spend is 175-200.

Never have more than 2 services at once. You literally cannot watch that much stuff. Kids adapt pretty quick and watch the show they want (or they are on YouTube) and then we all switch at the same time.

Each to their own but I just don’t get subscribing to four or five services.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2007
I reckon my yearly pay tv spend is 175-200.

Never have more than 2 services at once. You literally cannot watch that much stuff. Kids adapt pretty quick and watch the show they want (or they are on YouTube) and then we all switch at the same time.

Each to their own but I just don’t get subscribing to four or five services.

In terms of having many apps I do like to have options at my disposal. I rarely watch a lot as my young kids take over lol which I'm not too fussed about as my wife and I only go on when they go to bed. Then I flick through each app to see what new show is up, watched all of Animal Kingdom, Peaky Blinders, Boardwalk Empire etc which are all on different apps.

I have nVidia media player which showcases the apps conveniently and I simply choose whichever app I want to watch.

I'm paying less than when I had Foxtel so I'm winning ;)

Sport I only watch on Kayo

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
In terms of having many apps I do like to have options at my disposal. I rarely watch a lot as my young kids take over lol which I'm not too fussed about as my wife and I only go on when they go to bed. Then I flick through each app to see what new show is up, watched all of Animal Kingdom, Peaky Blinders, Boardwalk Empire etc which are all on different apps.

I have nVidia media player which showcases the apps conveniently and I simply choose whichever app I want to watch.

I'm paying less than when I had Foxtel so I'm winning ;)

Sport I only watch on Kayo
Yep your money so you spend it how you see fit. You see convenience and savings bs what you had and I see waste (being a bit of a tight ass) but I get it.

Im watching sopranos right now. Six seasons. Thirteen episodes. 55ish mins each. Peaky blinders (a good one) pretty similar. I just don’t need anything else. And I’ll watch a of the other stuff on binge while I’m there.

The days of watching everything at the same time when it comes out and then talking about it (or a reality show if you are into that) are pretty much gone (outside of sport) IMO so there is just no real social reason for it.