Kayo price increase incoming & digital memberships | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kayo price increase incoming & digital memberships

Feb 25, 2007
Yep your money so you spend it how you see fit. You see convenience and savings bs what you had and I see waste (being a bit of a tight ass) but I get it.

Im watching sopranos right now. Six seasons. Thirteen episodes. 55ish mins each. Peaky blinders (a good one) pretty similar. I just don’t need anything else. And I’ll watch a of the other stuff on binge while I’m there.

The days of watching everything at the same time when it comes out and then talking about it (or a reality show if you are into that) are pretty much gone (outside of sport) IMO so there is just no real social reason for it.

True we all spend wherever we see fit. Some of my mates drink and smoke and would easily burn through 10K a year. Each to their own I guess. We earn and spend thats life.

The sopranos I have watched it twice over. Love it. One of the best-produced shows.

Reactions: 2 users

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Over the last several years, Foxtel would send out a notice to gouge a (25%-50%) increase in its rates. Each year I would ring up and ask to be disconnected. I would then be transferred to the "Sign em up for another 12 months" department where I was usually able to negotiate a better deal. This year the increase from $46 to $74 per month could not be negotiated, so I told them I'd rather continue eating and drinking as much as I am accustomed to than pay for their shows. I've now received their instructions for packing up and returning the IQbox and will be arranging for the switch to Kayo for the start of next month.
Update: Just prior to my intended disconnection, Foxtel came back to me with a much improved "Loyalty" offer, $6 a month more than I would have paid to Kayo., so I will be sticking with them for 12 months.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Update: Just prior to my intended disconnection, Foxtel came back to me with a much improved "Loyalty" offer, $6 a month more than I would have paid to Kayo., so I will be sticking with them for 12 months.
You have to think the marginal cost of a customer is essentially zero and losing one means getting back an old box and controllers they can’t sell and maybe even costs them postage. I’m not sure how on their end they ‘pay per view’ but say with afl the money is already spent.

Massive shift from box to streaming. 10% decrease in a year is massive however this report reads.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Hey guys, looking to sign up to Kayo by Saturday.

In previous years I have gone thirds with 2 other people for $25 per month (through Telstra).

Now from what I can see, you can't purchase for 3 screens anymore and and you need to be on Telstra Postpaid to get any discounts (I'm on prepaid).

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best discounts? And is there a way to get 3 screens? NB: I'm not buying through the RFC as I only use Kayo during the footy season.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Didn't know where else to put this.

Anyone else use the Watch AFL service?
Up until this year it has been great. Top quality HD. Now.... errr..... Not so much. Looks like about 240p on my TV, and the streaming quality button has disappeared from the app! Does this shock me at all, not really.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Didn't know where else to put this.

Anyone else use the Watch AFL service?
Up until this year it has been great. Top quality HD. Now.... errr..... Not so much. Looks like about 240p on my TV, and the streaming quality button has disappeared from the app! Does this shock me at all, not really.
I have used it for years and have noticed no difference this year - just as good as it has always been, both on the iPad (app) and on my TV's browser (no app).
For all their faults, the AFL serve their international audience far, far better than cricket does.

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
Is it just me or is Kayo even worse this year. I've streamed from my galaxy S22 to chromecast for the last year or two. Never been great but this year unwatchable. I usually watch games on delay - not live. Now I have almost 60mps on the 5ghz frequency and it's completely crap. 2.4 unwatchable

Is it possible to watch some other streaming service like AFL international using a VPN

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
It is *smile*.

Always pausing and buffering.
And the arses increase the price again for a service that is unwatchable. I tried to watch the game today and gave up. Tried to watch the GP, gave up. I cannot believe they are allied to continue to operate when they are taking money for an unusable service. Will be cancelling my subscription. What a con!

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
And the arses increase the price again for a service that is unwatchable. I tried to watch the game today and gave up. Tried to watch the GP, gave up. I cannot believe they are allied to continue to operate when they are taking money for an unusable service. Will be cancelling my subscription. What a con!
The power of a monopoly.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I've taken to watching games after they've finished and fast forwarding through boundary throw ins (15 seconds), after a goal (45 seconds, was 1 minute), qrt/half time breaks, any stoppages in play, slow bits of play etc. Get through a game in an hour and a half minus all the crap. Hitting the 15 second fast forward button on my iPad, Kayo works fine, doing it on the lounge telly a bit worse and in my man cave telly it's terrible.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I've taken to watching games after they've finished and fast forwarding through boundary throw ins (15 seconds), after a goal (45 seconds, was 1 minute), qrt/half time breaks, any stoppages in play, slow bits of play etc. Get through a game in an hour and a half minus all the crap. Hitting the 15 second fast forward button on my iPad, Kayo works fine, doing it on the lounge telly a bit worse and in my man cave telly it's terrible.
That’s what I do on Foxtel. I’ve got the FF speed for each situation down to an art form. I get home from the game and get through the recording (and a few beers) pretty quickly.

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
Does the AFL service for overseas customers work with a VPN? I've used it before (when overseas) and it was great. But that was a while ago

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
This is my nfl strategy. Turns 3 hours into 15 mins.

Can’t post on the game thread properly though if I do this with afl.

Fuxk you kayo.