Leppitsch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Leppitsch

Ty Esler

"Mark Maclure can get stuffed"
May 10, 2005
Good move, Beavis is acting like he is very well prepared for the job. He knows who he wants and is going out and getting them, impressive.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
Punxsutawney Phil said:
Looks good on paper....both have good pedigrees and I know Lade has been very highly rated.

What credentials does Lade have as a coach? Didn't he just retire?

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
GoodOne said:

Tredrea likes him.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26008792-5014673,00.html

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
GoodOne said:
By pedigrees i meant they played in successful eras at good clubs, and by highly rated I mean that several clubs are understood to have sought out Lade and Tredrea gave him a glowing endorsement a while back.

As I said looks good on paper but the proof will be in the pud.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
Freezer said:
Helped him to a Premiership.

Yeah I was talking more about Tredrea's fall from grace as a player. One of the most profound I've ever seen. Admittedly has come back and played a lot better this year.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
Punxsutawney Phil said:
By pedigrees i meant they played in successful eras at good clubs, and by highly rated I mean that several clubs are understood to have sought out Lade and Tredrea gave him a glowing endorsement a while back.

As I said looks good on paper but the proof will be in the pud.

Fair enough. As you say the proof will be in the pud. We've had to put up with alot of talk rather than actions in the past. So whilst I think its great we have been able to attract Lade ahead of other teams (who were also evidently interested in his services) let's wait and see how he performs before singing his praises. A bit like grabbing a new untried recruit in the AFL draft, a new untried assistant coach has the same potential unknowns.

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
GoodOne said:
Yeah I was talking more about Tredrea's fall from grace as a player. One of the most profound I've ever seen. Admittedly has come back and played a lot better this year.

Was Tredrea injured when his form dropped? Can't really remember.

ROLLS ROYCE

once a tiger, always a tiger
Oct 6, 2007
mackay, qld
Lade no experience as coach and Leppa unproven but the hero worship for them from PRE is amazing. A change for changes sake.

Not saying they wont be good but after the "cuz will take us to the premiership session" last pre-season let's just wait and see before we bow before the chapel of st beavis.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
Freezer said:
Was Tredrea injured when his form dropped? Can't really remember.

From memory he did have an injury interrupted season ion 2006 but just never refound his form. To put it in perspective, as a forward he managed 16 Brownlow votes in 2003, 15 in 2004 and 11 in 2005. From 2006 to 2008 he amassed 2 Brownlow votes in total. The guy played in the same league as Johnathon Brown when at his peak but just completely lost it somewhere along the line.

Freezer

Tiger Legend
Feb 22, 2007
GoodOne said:
From memory he did have an injury interrupted season ion 2006 but just never refound his form. To put it in perspective, as a forward he managed 16 Brownlow votes in 2003, 15 in 2004 and 11 in 2005. From 2006 to 2008 he amassed 2 Brownlow votes in total. The guy played in the same league as Johnathon Brown when at his peak but just completely lost it somewhere along the line.

Yeah, he certainly bottomed out with talk of his career being over. Got a bit of respect back this year I think.

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
GoodOne said:
Fair enough. As you say the proof will be in the pud. We've had to put up with alot of talk rather than actions in the past. So whilst I think its great we have been able to attract Lade ahead of other teams (who were also evidently interested in his services) let's wait and see how he performs before singing his praises. A bit like grabbing a new untried recruit in the AFL draft, a new untried assistant coach has the same potential unknowns.
Couldn't agree more.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
ROLLS ROYCE said:
Lade no experience as coach and Leppa unproven but the hero worship for them from PRE is amazing. A change for changes sake.

Not saying they wont be good but after the "cuz will take us to the premiership session" last pre-season let's just wait and see before we bow before the chapel of st beavis.

we will have the best assistants in the afl, but a group of footballers who cant play. i know what i rather concentrate on..

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hardwicks getting a nice amount of successful types into his ranks if all names are true to the mark.

Brendan Lade - Perrenial finals player, Premiership player.

Justin Leppitsch - CHB 3 time premiership player, AA, perennial finals campaigner.

Danmien Hardwick - Dual Premiership player, Assistant coach of premiership. Perrenial Finals campaigner.

Scott Lucas, Finals campaigner , Premiership player.

oh and Wayne Campbell - played a coupla finals, nil premiership, captain of a rabble and wooden spoon winner.

Pick the odd man out. :hihi :hihi

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
ROLLS ROYCE said:

It's a bit like the hero worship when Benny Gale was appointed CEO with relatively little real world business experience at that level.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Tigers of Old said:
Campbell may well be the best assist. coach of the lot.

He's got my respect if he's been part of the decision to move on Tuck & Cogs.

He'd get my respect if he moved Jackson on as well.