List management 2021-2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List management 2021-2022

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
We have cocked up this season, no 2 ways about it.
My Outs, Castagna even if he has a contact. Collier Dawkins, Martyn, Caddy, Lambert, Edwards, Parker.
Trade, Baker, (WC are offering 550-600k) Flappers, Short.
Resign. Cotchin & Rioli. Riewoldt stays only on 400k otherwise see ya
Trade. Hopper Tarranto, Crouch McLean, Burgess,

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Crouch Yuk in a Tiger strip. Baker with Mundy out at Freo freeing up salary cap think his home town Lake Grace hero Fyfe might give him a nudge to join him.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Crouch gets *smile* on because Laird plays the same role and is somewhat better at it. They are inside mids who get the ball regularly and dish it off, usually sideways via handball.

Being that we utterly suck at this... Hello getting creamed by lolnorf ... We have to get some players to do this and have our better kicks do the inside 50 delivery.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
We have cocked up this season, no 2 ways about it.
My Outs, Castagna even if he has a contact. Collier Dawkins, Martyn, Caddy, Lambert, Edwards, Parker.
Trade, Baker, (WC are offering 550-600k) Flappers, Short.
Resign. Cotchin & Rioli. Riewoldt stays only on 400k otherwise see ya
Trade. Hopper Tarranto, Crouch McLean, Burgess,
Losing either Baker or Short would be a disaster. Rioli D also and I don’t think it will happen.

Can’t have any real idea the way Blair will go but I expect Aarts, (Caddy), Castagna, Cotchin, Edwards, Lambert, Martyn and probably Jack to be gone. Such a movement out might save something in the region of $3,000,000. plus, a sum that would certainly permit retention of our better players plus the bringing in of some really good and much needed Mids.

It looks like both Collingwood and GWS have cap problems and are already looking to break existing player contracts.
Hopper and Tarranto to us and improved opportunities for last years draftees would be optimum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Losing either Baker or Short would be a disaster. Rioli D also and I don’t think it will happen.

Can’t have any real idea the way Blair will go but I expect Aarts, (Caddy), Castagna, Cotchin, Edwards, Lambert, Martyn and probably Jack to be gone. Such a movement out might save something in the region of $3,000,000. plus, a sum that would certainly permit retention of our better players plus the bringing in of some really good and much needed Mids.

It looks like both Collingwood and GWS have cap problems and are already looking to break existing player contracts.
Hopper and Tarranto to us and improved opportunities for last years draftees would be optimum.

The thing with moving so many players out is that we don't have that many draft picks (3), which is why I suspect we will only move on about 6 unless we trade players out for more draft picks.

My view is the outs will be Caddy, Lambert, Edwards, Martyn and 2 of Aarts, RCD, Parker.

I think we will offer both Cotchin and Jack 1 year contracts on reduced money. They have both done enough to earn contracts for next season if they want them.

If we could get both Taranto and Hopper, it may come down to cap space for us too, but I'd be prepared to trade both of our 1st rounders for 2022 and 2023 as part of the deal to do this, but I'm not sure how we get both at this stage.

It might be better to go for a Hopper / Bruhn double if we can get them to commit to us.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The thing with moving so many players out is that we don't have that many draft picks (3), which is why I suspect we will only move on about 6 unless we trade players out for more draft picks.

My view is the outs will be Caddy, Lambert, Edwards, Martyn and 2 of Aarts, RCD, Parker.

I think we will offer both Cotchin and Jack 1 year contracts on reduced money. They have both done enough to earn contracts for next season if they want them.

If we could get both Taranto and Hopper, it may come down to cap space for us too, but I'd be prepared to trade both of our 1st rounders for 2022 and 2023 as part of the deal to do this, but I'm not sure how we get both at this stage.

It might be better to go for a Hopper / Bruhn double if we can get them to commit to us.

Tend to agree and out of Aarts, RCD and Parker I would almost lean towards keeping Parker. Parker has done a few things in short periods at AFL level whereas I struggle to see even short bursts of AFL level football from RCD or Aarts. Maybe it's recency bias!

DS

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tend to agree and out of Aarts, RCD and Parker I would almost lean towards keeping Parker. Parker has done a few things in short periods at AFL level whereas I struggle to see even short bursts of AFL level football from RCD or Aarts. Maybe it's recency bias!

DS
Yep. Parker stays for depth.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

DS

He's the one I'd keep out of those 3 too.

Macca68

I'm a llama!
Mar 30, 2003
Castagna Aarts and Parker all must go - too many flawed players makes for poor depth.

Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Just on Cotch and Jack, both are having the occasional good game and those seemingly fall together and take place when it’s wet.
They have lost their pace are just about done physically and are keeping their spots at a cost.
A bit like Dave Astbury for mine and next year, although I would love to see both stay and do well, I would prefer to see others given the chance to progress.
If we lose Dusty however maybe not…

I also think losing 6 is manageable and depending on what happens at trade, would allow us to bring in more state league players at the end of the draft.

It would also help ensure that well skilled players like Banks, Brown, Clarke, Cumberland and Sonsie get their chance.
MJR also. If not already, by next year this group will be well passed players like Collier-Dawkins, Dow and Ross.
And assuming Dimma goes along, they will become better again with the increase in time at the level. We will need more immediate help also and hope that comes from the likes of a Hopper or Taranto, maybe both.

Last edited:

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just on Cotch and Jack, both are having the occasional good game and those seemingly fall together and take place when it’s wet.
They have lost their pace are just about done physically and are keeping their spots at a cost.
A bit like Dave Astbury for mine and next year, although I would love to see both stay and do well, I would prefer to see others given the chance to progress.
If we lose Dusty however maybe not…

I also think losing 6 is manageable and depending on what happens at trade, would also allow us to bring in more state league players at the end of the draft.

It would also help ensure that well skilled players like Banks, Brown, Clarke and Sonsie get their chance.
If not already, by next year this group will be well passed players like Collier-Dawkins, Dow and Ross.
And assuming Dimma goes along, they will become better again with the increase in time at the level.

Bit harsh on Cotch and Jack. The occasional good game? Nah. These are Cotchs stats for this year. Had a slow start but has been consistent across the season.

Jack is still doing a good job, still averages over 2 goals per game, better than he did in 2020 and 2019, 2020 may have been impacted by shorter quarters. Jack is ranked 15th in the AFL for goals per game. He's not just playing the "occasional good game". He is well worth an extra year. Would do you seriously think will do that role better than he does? What cost is he keeping his spot at?

1658201587678.png

Reactions: 4 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
In regard to Cotch we are getting killed by opposition Mids. Cotch can use his skill and experience to limit the damage, but when it comes to clearances he struggles.and this especially against teams we have to beat to get into a GF.

We have had two key forwards who have been great for us. Five premierships to their names.
But they are no longer the best and moving back fast…
It is always hard to give up on the idea that once great players are able to go on. But unless room is made for younger players to advance, they won’t.
We lost Chol and Coleman-Jones. Some myself included like Balta to take over from Jack. Others will like Miller or Gibcus or Ryan.
But we will have Lynchy for a couple more years and if Jack plays on it is less likely than not that his successor will emerge.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If I was a betting man Cotch won't go on for another year. Otherwise I can't see why he relinquished the captaincy.

I thought that at the start of the year, always suspected that he would leave the game a year after giving up the captaincy, but he's playing good footy, still one of our best mids. If he wants to go around again the club should be giving him a new contract. If he chooses to walk away thats his choice to make.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I thought that at the start of the year, always suspected that he would leave the game a year after giving up the captaincy, but he's playing good footy, still one of our best mids. If he wants to go around again the club should be giving him a new contract. If he chooses to walk away thats his choice to make.
It's great that he's playing good footy but the decision won't be based around that.
His mate Ash Barty pulled the pin when she was number 1 in the world.
He's achieved everything in the sport & doesn't have to prove anything.
Cotch will have a formulated a plan & I'll be very surprised if footy will be part of it in 2023.
Best enjoy his good footy whilst we still can.

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It's great that he's playing good footy but the decision won't be based around that.
His mate Ash Barty pulled the pin when she was number 1 in the world.
He's achieved everything in the sport & doesn't have to prove anything.
Cotch will have a formulated a plan & I'll be very surprised if footy will be part of it in 2023.
Best enjoy his good footy whilst we still can.

I agree, I guess I'm more looking at it from the clubs perspective. The decision is upto Cotch, if he does choose to go on the club will support that and he will get a new contract, if he chooses this to be his last year then we will all respect and support his decision.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
If we go with some of the list management decisions in here we’ll have a norfesque season next year and pay for the privilege. Even if we don’t do that we seem pretty well screwed and back to where we were when Hardwick arrived at the club. Was still a damn good 5 years and gave me more flags than I thought I’d see.

Last edited: