List management 2021-2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List management 2021-2022

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I agree, I guess I'm more looking at it from the clubs perspective. The decision is upto Cotch, if he does choose to go on the club will support that and he will get a new contract, if he chooses this to be his last year then we will all respect and support his decision.
Trade comes first. Both parties will be hoping for a good result there. There is only one more celebrated Captain in the history of the club and in view of that history, there is no way will be pushed out.

He may wait to see the result of trading or take the decision earlier.

Not quite so confident it will go the same way with Jack.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Thinking we will get both Taranto and Hopper is pipe dream stuff. Will be lucky to get one.

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Go to the draft.

The club knows how to build a team from the draft.
We haven't had decent draft years since the Wallace days.
Jack Cotchin & Martin were under Wallace.
You can't rely on this group, they only have Rioli & Vaulstin to show for a disastrous period of 1st rounder failures.
You can't trust them with our future.
You need to nail your 1st rounders, that's where the quality is.
We should be more active in the Rookie draft.
Bauer is more a chance of being a 100 game player, then Dow is.
And that's why we should never especially at Richmond use the words 'we are going to the draft'

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
You can't rely on this group, they only have Rioli & Vaulstin to show for a disastrous period of 1st rounder failures.
And that's why we should never especially at Richmond use the words 'we are going to the draft'
If only we could draft as well as Sydney?

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

You make some good points, but I still think the draft is the best option.

Traded players are with you for half the time.

That means you need to churn through trades at twice the rate compared to the draft approach

Therefore, you need double the trust if you want to go down the trade route

If you indeed cannot trust the club, you should be all for the draft ;)

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Hit the wall. it's over
His last 2 games have cost us. Because his name is Grimes does it get swept under the carpet??
P.s pretty sure Henry was he is direct opponent too.

Made what 1 key mistake against GC, from memory he was pretty good. He was ok against North. He wasn't on Zurhaar the whole game you know, but obviously watching on the TV you know that you wouldn't know that as you need to see it at the game.

Sure his last 2 games haven't been as good as he has been in the past but he's been pretty bloody good across that time. Players have weaker games every now and again, it doesn't mean he's finished.

My view on Grimes hasn't changed, he's still playing very good football and he will retire at the end of next year which is what was expected when he signed that contract.

Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Apart from getting towelled last week, Grimesy has been playing pretty good footy the past month or so after an interrupted start to the season.
Yes there were a couple of uncharacteristic late dropped marks against the Suns which was a bit concerning.
Talk of retirement this year is folly but like many of our snr players he is getting older & is much closer to the end than the start.
What we need is younger talent like Gibcus, Nuyon & Miller to come through quickly & take some pressure off the older guys.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Apart from getting towelled last week, Grimesy has been playing pretty good footy the past month or so after an interrupted start to the season.
Yes there were a couple of uncharacteristic late dropped marks against the Suns which was a bit concerning.
Talk of retirement this year is folly but like many of our snr players he is getting older & is much closer to the end than the start.
What we need is younger talent like Gibcus, Nuyon & Miller to come through quickly & take some pressure off the older guys.
I am concerned he does an astbury. It's nothing about how he is playing. Purely speculating whether after 3 premierships footy is still the be-all for him.

To be clear, I have no idea and just shooting the breeze.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Made what 1 key mistake against GC, from memory he was pretty good. He was ok against North. He wasn't on Zurhaar the whole game you know, but obviously watching on the TV you know that you wouldn't know that as you need to see it at the game.

Sure his last 2 games haven't been as good as he has been in the past but he's been pretty bloody good across that time. Players have weaker games every now and again, it doesn't mean he's finished.

My view on Grimes hasn't changed, he's still playing very good football and he will retire at the end of next year which is what was expected when he signed that contract.
Yep, poor old Grimesy is trying to plug too many holes.

We need a settled backline, instead of chopping and changing, such as Balta and Baker forward and back.

Grimes will return to his old self with Broad, Balta (permanently down back) and Tarrant.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I am concerned he does an astbury. It's nothing about how he is playing. Purely speculating whether after 3 premierships footy is still the be-all for him.

To be clear, I have no idea and just shooting the breeze.
I think that's a very reasonable question to ask of many of our multi decorated premiership players.
A team like Geelong, despite all their veterans is still extremely hungry because they've failed to win flags. They're still chasing hard & short on time.
It might only be marginal but I've not doubt it makes a difference. Season 2020 in particular was a Herculean effort by our playing group. It really was the pinnacle of success. Hard to find that buzz & sense of achievement again no matter what they manage from there for the rest of their careers. I sure feel it, I'm sure most do.
Whilst we still feel enormous gratitude & sentimentality about the successful players of this era, it's also why it's vitally important we keep regenerating the list.
Need to maintain the hunger.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Grimes has made uncharacteristic errors late the last couple of weeks. Maybe fatigue.
Has anyone considered we could be going thru a heavy training load period?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
3 Down

Caddy

Lambert

Parker

There should be another 3 minimum. One of which will likely be Edwards, with Martyn and Aarts most likely to be the other 2.

I'd be tempted to move on another one at least via trade trade or delisting.

RCD should be out the door too but may yet survive. He may also ask to be traded.