List management 2021-2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

List management 2021-2022

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
3 Down

Caddy

Lambert

Parker

There should be another 3 minimum. One of which will likely be Edwards, with Martyn and Aarts most likely to be the other 2.

I'd be tempted to move on another one at least via trade trade or delisting.

RCD should be out the door too but may yet survive. He may also ask to be traded.
RCD stays. The club know Covid has stalled development with a lot of these kids. They will give them extra time then what they normally would.

Aarts is definitely in gun.

One more might go.

I think we will take 3 at the draft and trade for a player. If not then 4 at the draft.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I am going to speculate that Grimes retires at the end of the year
Doubt it. How many players can you draft in a year. Caddy gone, Parker gone, Lambert gone, hard to see Edwards going on. Will Cotchin and Reiwoldt stay on. And a whole host of unsigned players. We might end up having to keep players for another year.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Grimes has made uncharacteristic errors late the last couple of weeks. Maybe fatigue.
Has anyone considered we could be going thru a heavy training load period?
There's lots of factors. Grimes is the least of our worries and won't be retiring at the end of the year. Please everyone, don't feed the Trolls.

Reactions: 3 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Has’t Bauer effectively taken Caddy’s spot so we are really only down 2 at this stage

Reactions: 4 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
3 Down

Caddy

Lambert

Parker

There should be another 3 minimum. One of which will likely be Edwards, with Martyn and Aarts most likely to be the other 2.

I'd be tempted to move on another one at least via trade trade or delisting.

RCD should be out the door too but may yet survive. He may also ask to be traded.
Why would RCD survive ?
Can’t play
That simple
Make all the excuses in the world . Work rate is average . End of story

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
This Grimes is finished talk is silly. Has dropped a few marks lately but otherwise has been solid. Had 17 disposals, 16 were efficient. Was probably beaten by one of the best players in the league. Last week he had 3 contested marks. He's down on the lofty standards he has set over his career but still a solid contributor and still better than any tall that would replace him next year. I don't think he's finished at all.

Reactions: 5 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
This Grimes is finished talk is silly. Has dropped a few marks lately but otherwise has been solid. Had 17 disposals, 16 were efficient. Was probably beaten by one of the best players in the league. Last week he had 3 contested marks. He's down on the lofty standards he has set over his career but still a solid contributor and still better than any tall that would replace him next year. I don't think he's finished at all.
Shoulder is troubling him immensely. Numbing it is only way he is playing.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
We have cocked up this season, no 2 ways about it.
My Outs, Castagna even if he has a contact. Collier Dawkins, Martyn, Caddy, Lambert, Edwards, Parker.
Trade, Baker, (WC are offering 550-600k) Flappers, Short.
Resign. Cotchin & Rioli. Riewoldt stays only on 400k otherwise see ya
Trade. Hopper Tarranto, Crouch McLean, Burgess,

Are you channeling Pol Pot or something?

You don’t move forward by going back to nothing. Sure you have a plan, and a number of those players you mention might not be long term.

But a massive cull is fraught with risk, especially if our drafting has been poor, something I am sure I have seen you contend on other threads.

Reactions: 1 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Why would RCD survive ?
Can’t play
That simple
Make all the excuses in the world . Work rate is average . End of story
i hear you
he had a good game in the VFL on the weekend
I'd say he has a month to save his AFL career
I'm sure the list management would be on a whiteboard locked away deep in the bowels of Punt Rd
and if due to retirements and his continued good form , his name could be moved from the Go column to the Stay column
I'm hoping he hasn't just brought a house recently

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
One of the things that the current spate of retirements will produce is extra time for the youngsters in the firsts - especially next year. If they believe that we have a genuine crop of AFL standard players (which I think we might with last year's mob) then they must get games into them and not let them rot on the vine. Talented kids should not have to wait until their third and fourth years to get a run of games.

Reactions: 1 user

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Early days with 4 rounds and a final series to come.
At this point Aarts, Caddy, Edwards,
Lambert, Martyn, Parker and Jack are outs, with the working of trades for Castagna Graham and Nankervis on the table.
Cotchin still to decide.

One of Hopper or Taranto a target, together with Hollands at GC.
Best available tall KPP to be taken at draft.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
We currently have draft picks 9, 19 and 27. Caddy, Lambert and Parker have retired. Bauer has come in via the MSD and Cumberland will be promoted from the rookie list if he hasn’t been already.

That leaves us with one free list spot and three draft picks. Hard to see how we clear out 7-8 list spots like some people want without trading player(s) for draft picks.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
We currently have draft picks 9, 19 and 27. Caddy, Lambert and Parker have retired. Bauer has come in via the MSD and Cumberland will be promoted from the rookie list if he hasn’t been already.

That leaves us with one free list spot and three draft picks. Hard to see how we clear out 7-8 list spots like some people want without trading player(s) for draft picks.

As I understand the rules and feel free to correct, we have to make a minimum of 3 list places available before the draft.
We will also want to bring Cumberland, Miller and Stack off the rookie list and on to the main list all before the draft.
There are then a minimum of 6 list positions that need to be found.

At the other end of the draft we also have as many draft picks as we need, with some gold in the state leagues still there.
Ask Zipper for details.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
As I understand the rules and feel free to correct, we have to make a minimum of 3 list places available before the draft.
We will also want to bring Cumberland, Miller and Stack off the rookie list and on to the main list all before the draft.
There are then a minimum of 6 list positions that need to be found.

At the other end of the draft we also have as many draft picks as we need, with some gold in the state leagues still there.
Ask Zipper for details.

Rookie upgrades can be included in our 3 if we want them to be. We don't need to promote any of those 3 off the rookie list unless we choose to.

Reactions: 1 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Rookie upgrades can be included in our 3 if we want them to be. We don't need to promote any of those 3 off the rookie list unless we choose to.
If they are left on the rookie list before the draft do we run the risk of other clubs making a bid before us?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If they are left on the rookie list before the draft do we run the risk of other clubs making a bid before us?

Not sure if you are confusing 2 things. We can extend their contract whilst they are on the rookie list, we don't need to promote them if we don't want or need (3 years only allowed on the rookie list) to.

Other clubs can only bid if we decide to delist and then relist them. I don't think either of Cumberland or Miller have been on the rookie list yet for 3 years, not sure about Stack, he may be the bigger risk but not sure of how many years he has been on the rookie list. He's been on our list for 4 years so not sure of our issues with him, ie. do we need to promote or delist and then relist him. Miller and Cumberland will be much easier.

Reactions: 1 user