Little little May | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little little May

No further action by the AFL on this incident.

no way……

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Shai Bolton was fined $20k for defending his mate Rioli in a pub brawl and Gills response at the time was....“I don’t condone violence and they should be walking away”.

• Angry
Reactions: 11 users
Shai Bolton was fined $20k for defending his mate Rioli in a pub brawl and Gills response at the time was....“I don’t condone violence and they should be walking away”.
Apparently it’s ok if you punch on with a team mate.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
The AFL apply no consistency with anything they do, on or off the field. The umpiring, the MRO, strikes for illicit drug use, players brawling in bars.... they set no precedents and just deal with whatever comes across their desk according to which way the wind is blowing.

• Angry
You can’t say what May said. You just can’t.

Doesn’t matter if it’s Bayswater U10s or the top club in the land.

Cancer and it absolutely threatens to eat them from the inside.

Reactions: 3 users

Yeah its ridiculous.

The AFL like spouting the "do something" line when it comes to standing up for females who are being treated poorly. Shai did that by standing up for Riolis girlfirend and Gill says "you should have walked away". 20k fine.

May punches on with a team mate that he goaded and from the AFL's only investigation, Melksham tried to shake hands at least 3 times, but May was having none of it, just wanted to get into a punch on, so Melksham decked him. No fines for either party.

The inconsistent approach behind each of these incidents and the difference in penalty is frankly ridiculous, but not entirely unexpected, knowing what the AFL have done in the past.

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users
You can’t say what May said. You just can’t.

Doesn’t matter if it’s Bayswater U10s or the top club in the land.

Cancer and it absolutely threatens to eat them from the inside.
Hope it does Carts….

Reactions: 1 user
The inconsistent approach behind each of these incidents and the difference in penalty is frankly ridiculous, but not entirely unexpected, knowing what the AFL have done in the past.

I think to make that call we have to know exactly what happened in each one. Personally, I know for certain what happened with Bolton/Rioli as I've posted before, and I feel like I've pieced together a bit of a grasp from the other one from the media.

To me the Bolton, Rioli and Melksham penalties or not feel about right but the May one seems a bit light, maybe 2 weeks would have been the fit.

I think to make that call we have to know exactly what happened in each one. Personally, I know for certain what happened with Bolton/Rioli as I've posted before, and I feel like I've pieced together a bit of a grasp from the other one from the media.

To me the Bolton, Rioli and Melksham penalties or not feel about right but the May one seems a bit light, maybe 2 weeks would have been the fit.

You see, the problem is that The AFL is totally compromised due to the lack of transparency, so therefore all clubs supporters are left totally in the dark as to what is & what isn't a suitable penalty for the various situations that occur.
You say that the penalties handed out are almost " appropriate" because you have inside info on one of the incidents & are guessing what happened in the other.

We on the other hand are left to guess & speculate that both incidents should have the same sort of penalties.

The AFL are a very poorly run organisation, the cr@p starts at the top & filters all the way down. IF they continue down the current path I fear for the future of our formerly great competition.

Reactions: 5 users

The thing that gets me, May hasn't even been punished for starting the fight. Shai was fined for intervening to protect someone else. May has only received punishment for drinking when he wasn't supposed to, absolutely nothing, nada for the fight that ensued and that for me is ridiculous.

I don't mind Melksham's penalty, he didn't start this, from all reports he tried to end it like a gentleman and only punched May once May had swung a few punches at him. Certainly didn't sound like the aggressor and was acting in self defence, but why May hasn't even been punished for the fight astounds me, after the way they came after Rioli and Bolton.

Reactions: 3 users
You see, the problem is that The AFL is totally compromised due to the lack of transparency, so therefore all clubs supporters are left totally in the dark as to what is & what isn't a suitable penalty for the various situations that occur.
You say that the penalties handed out are almost " appropriate" because you have inside info on one of the incidents & are guessing what happened in the other.

We on the other hand are left to guess & speculate that both incidents should have the same sort of penalties.

The AFL are a very poorly run organisation, the cr@p starts at the top & filters all the way down. IF they continue down the current path I fear for the future of our formerly great competition.
The AFL are not answerable to anyone and believe they are infallible.

The thing that gets me, May hasn't even been punished for starting the fight. Shai was fined for intervening to protect someone else. May has only received punishment for drinking when he wasn't supposed to, absolutely nothing, nada for the fight that ensued and that for me is ridiculous.

I don't mind Melksham's penalty, he didn't start this, from all reports he tried to end it like a gentleman and only punched May once May had swung a few punches at him. Certainly didn't sound like the aggressor and was acting in self defence, but why May hasn't even been punished for the fight astounds me, after the way they came after Rioli and Bolton.

Did Shai & Dan cause any damage to the premise where their incident happened, I don't think so. But the owner of the restaurant where May & Melksham had their disagreement was livid regarding the damage caused by them. Swept under the carpet again by the AFL.

Why is the totally inadequate penalty clause Not being implemented.

it really sounds like May was completely out of his mind and creating a bad scene in a public place ..

and as a representative of the premiership winning team of 2021 ..

it's not a good look for the AFL who love to vacuum things up when it suits them ..

Reactions: 1 user