Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
The duopoly supermarkets aren't gouging people as much as you might think.
Everything is going up everywhere.
IGA, Aldi, fresh markets, the local fruit shop. Unless you're not paying attention they're all increasing their prices too.
Nah. Can't be the case when they are making higher profits than they ever have done.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Bank Royal commission cost us $70m.

they found 'financial institutions put profits ahead of customers'

der

they continue to do so.

RC's are just sheltered workshops for barristers

nothing ever happens

public pressure will lead to a RC into insurance and supermarkets,

barristers will scrap and draw out $100m worth,

a couple of CEO's will go 'we will do better'. 1-2 will retire to spend more time with family and get a $25m bonus,

and nothing will change.

the barristers and the ceos end up neighbours, playing golf, laughing and joking about the grift.

while people work 15 hour days on $20/hr to pay $500/wk for a bunk bed in a room with no windows.

yay

wrong thread sorry, this isn't little

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
i do hate those bloody robot checkouts though. Seems to be more than ever. Such a stupid business model that just pisses customers off. Takes so much time to leave the store now especially if it’s a big shop.

Last edited:

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
My little rant...my commute to work is currently littered with construction every couple of km with lanes narrowing. Couple that with infrastructure that is vastly undersized for all the new estates being built along it...makes for an extra frustrating day. My commute at Xmas was about 25-30min. It's about 75-90 now.

The bit I really hate though, is all the assholes that want to drive an extra km and merge right at the exit ramp, so they don't have to sit in a queue, oblivious to the fact that this type of merging is what's causing the *smile* queue in the first place.

And that's why I'm still avoiding working 3 days in the office.

Reactions: 3 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
The Monash Freeway. Or the Moncrash as I often refer to it.

I’m on that thing 2 to 4 times a day. It’s bad enough the car park that it is most of the time, and all the endless crashes and break downs on it (time to introduce big fines), but on the rare occasion that it is moving reasonably, the amount of abject and dangerous dribblers that do 70-75 kph in the 100kph zone does my head in.

I drive to work on it, the number of crashes on it now is ridiculous. All that work on it 2 years ago was the worst thing Andrews did, no widening of it between Jacksons Road and Warrigal Road, the changes around Springvale Rd inbound and the Jacksons Rd/Eastlink offramp outbound have made it worse and have made crashes more likely.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
My little rant...my commute to work is currently littered with construction every couple of km with lanes narrowing. Couple that with infrastructure that is vastly undersized for all the new estates being built along it...makes for an extra frustrating day. My commute at Xmas was about 25-30min. It's about 75-90 now.

The bit I really hate though, is all the assholes that want to drive an extra km and merge right at the exit ramp, so they don't have to sit in a queue, oblivious to the fact that this type of merging is what's causing the *smile* queue in the first place.

The way someone drives says a lot about someone's personality. Those that cut into turning lanes at the last minute are scummy human beings who don't give a *smile* about anyone else. I wish there was a way easily police this type of behavior.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I drive to work on it, the number of crashes on it now is ridiculous. All that work on it 2 years ago was the worst thing Andrews did, no widening of it between Jacksons Road and Warrigal Road, the changes around Springvale Rd inbound and the Jacksons Rd/Eastlink offramp outbound have made it worse and have made crashes more likely.
It’s unbearable Ian.

I haven’t done exact numbers on it, but I reckon when I have to travel into and out of the city, there is a break down or accident in one direction (or both) about 50% of the time.

If you break down on the Monash, (and other key arterials eg Ring Road, Eastern Freeway) it’s a $500 fine.

The amount of improperly maintained trucks and *smile* cart cars that are breaking down on our freeways is off the charts.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The way someone drives says a lot about someone's personality. Those that cut into turning lanes at the last minute are scummy human beings who don't give a *smile* about anyone else. I wish there was a way easily police this type of behavior.
Absolutely. Include the ahole who knows that it goes from 2 lanes to 1 on the other side of the traffic lights of an intersection, but flies up alongside the outer lane and then tries to push their way in when the lights turn green. All to gain a car’s length often. No indicator ….

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Keep left unless overtaking is one of the most important and the most ignored rule for the smooth operation of society.

Reactions: 4 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I 100% agree with this. I had someone a few weeks ago try push in, I kept driving as if I hadn't seen them.
The *smile* just swerved and it was either collide with them, or stop. I think my head turned into a beetroot and I almost broke a knuckle punching the horn.
If I could get 1 super power, it'd be to make a car flip upside down and in an emergency lane when someone drives like a *smile*, leaving the driver hanging upside down until help arrives. I'd just like some mild superpowers nothing to save the world.

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
There is some merit to buying a beat up old clunker and just driving to the law and letting every other **** crash into you at their fault.

Just put a dash cam in it and drive to good standards and let that ahole in the Porsche Macan crash into you for failing to give way.

“This is gonna cost tens of thousands !”

“Yeah. For you.”

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I saw this discussion on a FB community page and there’s an element of people who justified doing this by calling it a “zipper” merge and that if you don’t do a “zipper merge” and just line up single file you’re adding to the time and congestion!

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Keep left unless overtaking is one of the most important and the most ignored rule for the smooth operation of society.
I did a family road trip holiday up to Brisbane and back in January. This seems to be a popular pastime in Qld and to a lesser extent NSW.
Not to say Vic drivers are saints, but just seemed to be more prevelant up north.

The idiots that irk me more, are the ones who are doing about 80-90 in a 100kmh single lane highway. So you sit behind these arseclowns waiting for the overtaking lane.
AND THEN THEY SPEED UP! fuckheads. Then they go back to their 80-90 when it's back to one lane.
Capital punishment comes to mind

Reactions: 5 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
The duopoly supermarkets aren't gouging people as much as you might think.
Everything is going up everywhere.
IGA, Aldi, fresh markets, the local fruit shop. Unless you're not paying attention they're all increasing their prices too.
No one's doubting that inflation is occurring.

But there is a clear price gap between my local market and the supermarkets. On a lot of staples, it can be as much as 20%.

That's the gouge. Not the increase, but loading on the increase. As clearly demonstrated by increased profits.

As an example, the market today has chicken breast for 9 dollars a kg. A Google says woollies has it for 11.

Capsicum was $6 a kg, at Coles its 9.

I'm not cherry picking either, that's just the couple of things I could remember from my shop, but I've looked at it more deeply before. At the market, nothing is more expensive, and almost everything is at least a bit cheaper.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Little things that annoy me.

When the guy standing next to me while I'm taking a leak, complains about how cold the water in the bottom of the urinal is. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
No one's doubting that inflation is occurring.

But there is a clear price gap between my local market and the supermarkets. On a lot of staples, it can be as much as 20%.
Of course it's relatively cheaper at the markets. Always has been. They don't have the overheads a supermarket chain does. Hardly a revelation there.
If you're looking to save money that's the way to go.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Of course it's relatively cheaper at the markets. Always has been. They don't have the overheads a supermarket chain does. Hardly a revelation there.
If you're looking to save money that's the way to go.
The only extra overheads supermarkets have is their shareholders.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
GIO executive looks a senator in the eye and says

'with increasing climate uncertainty and natural disasters, we have record claims'

then they double their record profit.

how's that work?

until a few crooked CEO's brains leak out on a filthy floor, or their colons perforated by a toilet brush, in prison.

nothings gonna change.

senate inquiries, royal commissions, ACCC, ICAC have to throw the book and strip proceeds of crime and throw some of these crooked *smile* in a proper heavy slammer,

the worse thing that ever happens to them is they have to hold a press conference and say

'I want to spend more time with family" and collect a cheque for $20m
Never yet seen an insurance company go broke, they just keep jacking up prices everywhere to cover anything they may have paid out previously . There's plenty of *smile* little underwriters, but they n all the bigger local players pretty much all hark back to a handful of major international insurers.
Seeing as I'm like getting to the stage of being a seriously old fart this goes back some 40 plus years or so ago now, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's still relevant today.
Talking to an executive of a major company I worked for. *smile* I'll even name the mob, Mayne Nickless, they were very heavy into stuff like Armaguard, MSS security plus Ipec, Jetspress n gawd knows how many other transport / logistics and other ventures they were into. Thing is they had a huge fleet of cars, vans n trucks on the road. So they shuffle off to a couple of insurance companies to get some quotes to insure their vehicles to cover n protect for the rare occasions where someone might bend something. Cost of insurance was simply whatever last years total repair cost was plus 10% mark up. Needless to say that way back then Mayne's were a massive company n managed to get authorisation to operate as self insured so they simply saved themselves an annual 10% mark up.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dan Murphy. $60 for a carton of Carlton Draught. A “member special”. Hah hah hah. What a joke.

Meanwhile, local independent bottle shop sells a carton of fully imported Estrella - a better beer - for $44. Obviously the distributor (APB) is trying to get a foothold, but who cares.

Shop around. Dan Murphy’s are *smile*.
Went to Costco just before the last tax hike 1.75 Jimmy for $99.00. 1.75 Jack on special for $99.00 instead of $115.00 Dans price for 1.75 Jack $135.00. Stick it up your clacker Dan, even after the last tax hike Costco's price for Jack was still only $120.00 instead of the old regular of $115.00