Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Went to Costco just before the last tax hike 1.75 Jimmy for $99.00. 1.75 Jack on special for $99.00 instead of $115.00 Dans price for 1.75 Jack $135.00. Stick it up your clacker Dan, even after the last tax hike Costco's price for Jack was still only $120.00 instead of the old regular of $115.00
And Australians just flock to them like lambs to the slaughter.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Big 2 Supermarkets, they are the cause of so many of society’s issues. Absolute crooks and frauds, especially when it comes to the environment.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
people who say 'age is just a number'

they mustn't have worked a day in their life,

and carefully managed their funeral attendances with a 50;50 split between over 80's and under 30's

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
people who say 'age is just a number'
Old fart suffers a serious conflict of interest here.
Brain keeps telling me I'm somewhere in my mid 20's. Everything is not a problem, I can do this *smile*.
Body just takes a quick look at what brain thinks it has covered n declares brain to be a *smile* n totally dangerous to bodies continued functioning.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Also this new wide exclusion zone area around the guy kicking in after a point.

All you hear is whistles blaring followed by "Tom, get out", "Liam move away"....

You can't get within 25 kilometres.
Keep blowing your whistles.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
People that don’t get back to you. Right now we have a :

real estate agent
Monash health
wilson security
a broker
a planning permit
a building surveyor
an SEO

who haven’t (or aren’t) getting back to us. It’s chronic. We are constantly chasing and rechasing everyone up. No one does their job, they just want to get rid of you, kick the can down the road.

• Love

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

real estate agent
Monash health
wilson security
a broker
a planning permit
a building surveyor
an SEO

who haven’t (or aren’t) getting back to us. It’s chronic. We are constantly chasing and rechasing everyone up. No one does their job, they just want to get rid of you, kick the can down the road.
Have said to a few friends with similar views, that I’m gonna write a management theory book and title it:

“That’s Nice But Who’s Doing The Work ?”

We live in an age where there is little focus on production, results, accountability and just basically doing your damn job. It’s infuriating.

Every meeting and role under the sun revolving around non-core activities in businesses nowadays. Endless processes, endless spin, training, how to avoid this…how to avoid that….but very little true attention, or drive, to meeting client deliveries and expectations.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

real estate agent
Monash health
wilson security
a broker
a planning permit
a building surveyor
an SEO

I've done a lot of renovating with contractors/tradies over the last 18 months

They are all *smile* at communicating and getting back to you and most of them don't give a *smile* that they are. Then they will contact you and say they want to come today and be annoyed that I am not sitting around waiting for them to come.

The standard tradie these days is also what i call a 95% worker i.e. there is always something they can't finish and getting them to do it is torturous!

Apologies to tradies on this site but that is my experience.

Last edited:

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Have said to a few friends with similar views, that I’m gonna write a management theory book and title it:

“That’s Nice But Who’s Doing The Work ?”

We live in an age where there is little focus on production, results, accountability and just basically doing your damn job. It’s infuriating.

Every meeting and role under the sun revolving around non-core activities in businesses nowadays. Endless processes, endless spin, training, how to avoid this…how to avoid that….but very little true attention, or drive, to meeting client deliveries and expectations.

The ones that pi55 me off are the Recorded messages when you ring a company.

Your call is important to us. Please choose from the following option: Press 1. if you want this option. Press 2. If you want this option. Press 3. If want to talk to someone actually might do something. Otherwise hang up & try again later.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

real estate agent
Monash health
wilson security
a broker
a planning permit
a building surveyor
an SEO

It sure is frustrating.

Until recently I worked at a university. Much as I would like to, I could not keep up with the emails. One of the issues is that I would not answer until I had the complete story and/or some proposals towards a complete solution of whatever was happening. But I recall some years ago when I worked in a different part of the organisation that my inbox would sit at around 1,000 all the time, the sheer volume was astounding.

Part of the reason I took a redundancy was that the restructure led to a new position which basically had BS added to the job. I know the BS would not likely happen because dealing with running the show was more than a full time job, the amount of unpaid overtime everyone at unis does is astounding and I was general staff, academics easily work 60-80 hours a week.

Someone I worked with had previously worked in the main student facing part of the uni. They were measured on the number of emails or walk ins they dealt with. This meant they were admonished when they took too long on one query. What was not measured was whether taking longer on a query meant less follow up visits or emails.

Added to this was the woeful systems which are astoundingly slow and clunky. You would sit there with a student and wait while the system pulled up the relevant record and then try to convince the system to allow you to fix issues.

The funny thing is that when I attended uni, back in the stone age before the internet, we had far less admin staff and things worked better. Yes, students had to deal with their issues with a lot less help, but things got done.

Email has some responsibility here, the volume of emails is beyond ridiculous and you can't justify the staffing to deal with them all. Online systems also have a responsibility here, they just don't work (someone needs to talk to the tax department, lodging a tax return is remarkably simple, lots of things already pre-filled, and even though my tax is a little complicated, I get it done in about 30 minutes - decent online systems are possible, just incredibly rare). We were sold the lie that "self-serve" online systems would mean we needed less staff, and then spent a massive amount of our time wrangling these systems so the students and academic staff could do what they needed to do.

It is a mess. I can't imagine what it would be like to deal with Centrelink, probably even worse to work there.

A lot of this stuff just needs to be simplified. The number of clunky and slow systems you face when dealing with any organisation just wastes a lot of time for those accessing the organisation and for the staff. The number of times you go to a website to do something simple like pay a bill and end up clicking through 20 screens to get anywhere is ridiculous. Thankfully our power company has the best bill paying site I have seen - one click from their main page to the bill paying page, then put everything (credit card, bill reference, amount paid etc) in on a very simple page and pay, all done in 2 screens - this is so rare. Our council is the opposite and takes quite an effort to pay the rates.

There must be a better way.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The ones that pi55 me off are the Recorded messages when you ring a company.

Your call is important to us. Please choose from the following option: Press 1. if you want this option. Press 2. If you want this option. Press 3. If want to talk to someone actually might do something. Otherwise hang up & try again later.
Even worse are the ones that make you go to about 4 extra 'press X' options after.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Bacon and egg rolls made with brioche buns. GTFO of here with that *smile*!