Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
car drivers that:

hang an arm out the window
don't indicate
tailgate
think they can text and drive simultaneously

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
car drivers that:

don't indicate
tailgate
What’s wrong with leaning an elbow out the window ? Or are you saying they do all of the rest whilst doing so ?

Peter Brock drove with his arm out the window.

Last edited:

artball

Jul 30, 2013
What’s wrong with leaning an elbow out the window ? Or are you saying they do all of the rest whilst doing so ?

Peter Brock drove with his arm out the window.
can't explain it .. i guess an elbow out means they might have 2 hands on the wheel... arm out not ...

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
can't explain it .. i guess an elbow out means they might have 2 hands on the wheel... arm out not ...
Correct. I just drove from Melbourne to Bendigo. Arm on the window sill most of the way. 2 hands on the wheel, can indicate, change the cruise control etc without moving it. Thought I’d take note of others. Stopped counting after about 20 in the first hour.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Commentators calling Ian Hill "Bobby"
I find this Bobby Hill nickname/ name phenomenon very odd. There have been footy legends who have a had a nickname handle that were mostly known by, not unusual, Plugger, Buddy, Skinny, Scratcher, Percy, Boomer, Polly, Bomber, but everyone still knew what their real names are. I only just found out recently, by accident, that he was Ian. Just assumed it was Robert. Had never heard any reference to him as Ian ever. Strange.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Well you don’t need to look in an unflushed bowl. Half the toilet roll disappears in one event.
Ahhh o.k. Just ration the bastards to maybe 8 squares at a time n seriously mess with their heads. Or make them bring their own bog roll.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
car drivers that:

don't indicate
tailgate

Don't mind hanging the arm out the window, but the rest drives me crazy.

The other one I hate is cars doing 20 in a 40 zone and some seem to have cars which handle so badly they don't seem to be able to corner at more than 5KMh. I ride a bike and I often have to brake to stop running up the back of them.

Actually, one thing that really does confuse me - are those SUVs really really fragile? I ask as they don't seem to be able to handle a speed bump at any more than 2KMh. Our old car can go over a speed bump at 20KMh, why can't they? My bike, with no suspension and tyres pumped up to 80PSI, can go over a speed hump at well over 30KMh. Seems to me those SUVs must be very fragile if they have to slow down to a crawl for a speed bump (or, maybe, its just *smile* driving them).

DS

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
On the texting front, I see over 30,000 drivers were detected using their phone while driving, over a 6 month period, with the introduction of some whiz bang new technology.

My old girl’s father said some guy at his work got caught texting and driving and received 4 demerit points and a $600 fine in the mail.

Good.

1712204436013.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

artball

Jul 30, 2013
Don't mind hanging the arm out the window, but the rest drives me crazy.

The other one I hate is cars doing 20 in a 40 zone and some seem to have cars which handle so badly they don't seem to be able to corner at more than 5KMh. I ride a bike and I often have to brake to stop running up the back of them.

Actually, one thing that really does confuse me - are those SUVs really really fragile? I ask as they don't seem to be able to handle a speed bump at any more than 2KMh. Our old car can go over a speed bump at 20KMh, why can't they? My bike, with no suspension and tyres pumped up to 80PSI, can go over a speed hump at well over 30KMh. Seems to me those SUVs must be very fragile if they have to slow down to a crawl for a speed bump (or, maybe, its just *smile* driving them).

DS
Arm out the window means one hand on the wheel… elbow ok, they still could have 2 hands on the wheel…
modern SUVs seem to have a large amount of plastic in them.. and they kind of look plastic …

artball

Jul 30, 2013
On the texting front, I see over 30,000 drivers were detected using their phone while driving, over a 6 month period, with the introduction of some whiz bang new technology.

My old girl’s father said some guy at his work got caught texting and driving and received 4 demerit points and a $600 fine in the mail.

Good.
it’s dangerous behaviour … 30,000 in 6 months is a large number… 1,150 per week…

stop the car for 2 minutes, how about that for a novel idea? Or wait… ?

Reactions: 1 users