Little things that annoy you.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Little things that annoy you....

The return of Starbucks in Melbourne. whats worse is that they always seem busy... I reckon they have placed them in strategic positions where Asian students generally hang out.

Ian4 said:
The return of Starbucks in Melbourne. whats worse is that they always seem busy... I reckon they have placed them in strategic positions where Asian students generally hang out.

"Please explain".....

Ian4 said:
The return? They never completely left the CBD (or chadstone).

Ian4 said:

It never went away but they did peter out for a while. They are an interesting case study in Australia as their aggressive marketing strategy didn't work very well (ie opening as many stores as possible at the same time to create a huge presence), and accordingly they had to close the majority of them. Would have cost shitloads for very little return

Where are the new ones located in the cbd? I always knew about the Elizabeth St one but i can't say i have noticed a resurgence.

Traffic lights that only let half a dozen cars through before going red. The people who are in charge of the timing sequences should be taken out the back and thrashed within an inch of their ****** lives!!!!

tigerman said:
Traffic lights that only let half a dozen cars through before going red. The people who are in charge of the timing sequences should be taken out the back and thrashed within an inch of their ****** lives!!!!

Not even half a dozen. I only see 2 go forward with the 3rd one borderline with that a-hole yellow light. Barely 5 seconds.

tigerman said:
Its more the selfish aholes who just saunter through with the "I'm alright Jack" attitude. If everyone went through with a little bit more haste more cars would get through

Agree with you Tigerman & Tigertim.

Should have like they do in some other countries I travel a ( think its a 15 sec countdown clock ), forgotten the time its set on, but people will know what I mean introduced here.

Wasn't the Govt or State Govt ( Vic I think going to trial or introduce it ? ).

What happened to that ?

Besides the plastic bag ban to bring in more plastic bags......what's this 'Since 2018' rubbish?? How cocky Coles?.
betterbagcrop.jpg

The bag I used today was as dirty as *smile*.

TigerForce said:
Besides the plastic bag ban to bring in more plastic bags......what's this 'Since 2018' rubbish?? How cocky Coles?.
betterbagcrop.jpg

The bag I used today was as dirty as sh!t.

It’s hard to understand the angst surrounding the banning of plastic bags from here in the UK. We’ve had to pay 5p for a plastic bag for a couple of years now, and basically everyone has stopped using them. That’s a good thing.

Spend a couple of $ and buy a few ‘bags for life’, leave them in your car and you should never need a plastic bag again.

It’s just the way it is here now, and I’m glad about it. Plastic bags are the devil’s work.

Midsy said:
It’s hard to understand the angst surrounding the banning of plastic bags from here in the UK. We’ve had to pay 5p for a plastic bag for a couple of years now, and basically everyone has stopped using them. That’s a good thing.

Spend a couple of $ and buy a few ‘bags for life’, leave them in your car and you should never need a plastic bag again.

It’s just the way it is here now, and I’m glad about it. Plastic bags are the devil’s work.

I've been doing it for about 6 months now. I use fabric bags not the crap reinforced plastic ones that they sell at Coles / Woolies. They are great and so much easier to carry, much easier on the hands as well. Once I empty the shopping I just put the bags by the door ready to go back into the boot. Very easy.

Midsy said:

It's a routine we're not used to yet. Women would be used to it more as they carry bags all the time. I don't. It's also the point of re-using them that bothers me. Leave them in the car or wherever, don't they get smelly and/or dirty after a while. At least the previous bags were used again for bins instead of just hanging around inside a car or a house.

'mental health' used to describe 'poor mental health', or 'mental illness'

e.g. AFL.com headline today

'Swan out with Mental Health'

I skip work because of mental health most weeks, and this routine misnomer annoys me.