lol carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

lol carlton

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
^^ Someone couldn't bring themselves to complete the quarter-by-quarter scores after half time...

Sunday game would've been a big deal back then. Nothing would've been open.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
^^ Someone couldn't bring themselves to complete the quarter-by-quarter scores after half time...

Tragic times for Tiger fans after 1/2 time - ran out of both hot jam filled donuts and goals did the Tigers!

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The jack Martin terms equate to 600k a season. It's overs sure, but not outrageous overs. He has underachieved and also sooked at times sure, but he has class, and a lot of it. Clubs pay a premium for class, always have always will.
Some serious sugar coating there. Martin is lucky to be on a list let alone pocketing $600k a season. George would be worth$3.0m per year in comparison.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Some serious sugar coating there. Martin is lucky to be on a list let alone pocketing $600k a season. George would be worth$3.0m per year in comparison.

Agree pretty unbelievable. And a 5 year deal with $1mill in first year. Doesn't get more risky than that. Might only end up playing 2. Martin is laughing all the way to the........bank.

Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Just want the Tigers to smash this bunch of tossers in round 1 2020

100 point win round 1 and knock the socks out of every players confidence and their work experience coach

Trent Cotchin to smash into Martian in the opening quarter putting his shoulder out of whack for the rest of the year

Stack,Rioli,Pickett,Bolton,Edwards to all run a muck and show Eddie Betts what the brotherhood is all about

Reactions: 3 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Great stuff Bernie. Looking at the photo of the selected team, i'm stuffed if i can remember R Thomas.......mind you, i only had eyes for R Hart in them days.

Thanks Tigerman.

I have the '67 GF record signed by the whole team and Tommy, plus each of the '69 Finals campaign similarly adorned.

would people be interested in seeing pics of these?

but I don't think this is the correct thread for such a look back in history!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Thanks Tigerman.

I have the '67 GF record signed by the whole team and Tommy, plus each of the '69 Finals campaign similarly adorned.

would people be interested in seeing pics of these?

but I don't think this is the correct thread for such a look back in history!!!
I would certainly like to see those photos Bernie, Blast from the Past would be the place to put them.

• Love

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Gettin funnier by the day @ the bloos!
Apparently he'll be on more coin than Cripps for the next 2 years!
No pressure on the lad.

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart

I remember listening to that game. Couldn't believe we lost. I had an old "Inside Football" magazine that covered that game. Wish I could find it.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
No pressure on the lad.

I’m tipping he doesn’t see the 5 years out at Carlton.

Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I would loveeeee to see GC pick him in the PSD

This sets a precedent now that if dealing with Carlton, USE THE PSD AND DONT PAY THEM WHAT THEY WANT

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
No pressure on the lad.

what a mad desperate decision for a club that still has a mountain to climb just to make the 8.

it could be equivalent to our Yarran brain fade but on steroid.

Greenie

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
Great stuff Bernie. Looking at the photo of the selected team, i'm stuffed if i can remember R Thomas.......mind you, i only had eyes for R Hart in them days.
Don't remember Thomas either but Ian Owen out and Thomas in is the only change from the '69 Premiership team.

I was staying at my Grandmothers house in Mildura so missed the match.

Pity I can't remember what happened yesterday.