#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It's almost as though drafting is more good luck than anything else. :whistle:
Yeah, drafting is luck, winning and coaching premierships is luck. Thank god Richmond is a lucky club and so many other clubs are unlucky!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
In the media, it seems that drafting has been consistently overrated while development has been consistently underrated. The latter, given the flaws of the under 18 system, clearly matters a lot more.
Spot on. I remember back in the days when we were always crap and the top teams would continue to 'unearth' star players from nowhere. It used to really *smile* me off. Now that it's us I'm loving it!

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
If Noth get given an assistance package surely that degrades our picks and makes it harder to get our two targets over the line????

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020
I don’t understand the priority pick. It’s reward for poor performance. Should be scrapped.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We never got 1 and we were compared to Fitzroy
Melbourne, Gc and now North are getting free picks.
AFL gave Melbourne concessions to get Roos to take the coaching job.

North get concessions to help get Clarkson to take the job.

Gold Coast got concessions cos they are the Gol;d Coast and the AFL's baby, no handouts too many for them.

Contrived BS,

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
We get the free agency concessions now and the upper draft hand for pre agency. Lynch for free is crazy when you think about it.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I thought Deledio was the #1 pick we got for finishing last. The priority was #4 which we used on Tambling. At least that’s how I thought it worked.
The 1st 3 picks in that 2004 draft were priority picks. Deledio, Roughead and Griffen.
Tambling was our “natural” 1st round pick, then Franklin, then Tom Williams

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
The 1st 3 picks in that 2004 draft were priority picks. Deledio, Roughead and Griffen.
Tambling was our “natural” 1st round pick, then Franklin, then Tom Williams

Yes but withoit the 3 piority picks we would have taken Delidio with our "natural" 1st round pick.

Therefore Tambling was the bonus player

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
I thought Deledio was the #1 pick we got for finishing last. The priority was #4 which we used on Tambling. At least that’s how I thought it worked.
No the priority picks are always used first, there was actually three that year I believe

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I see Marc McGowan tweeted that Logie was choosing between us an Norf , however has now chosen Norf ..

If Norf get a priority for recruiting woefully, I think we should request a priority/compensation pick for the ARC screwing up our 2022 Premiership campaign, possibly some more cash space in the soft cap ?

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I see Marc McGowan tweeted that Logie was choosing between us an Norf , however has now chosen Norf ..

If Norf get a priority for recruiting woefully, I think we should request a priority/compensation pick for the ARC screwing up our 2022 Premiership campaign, possibly some more cash space in the soft cap ?
Lol just saw the headline Tigers lose out to lowly Norf ….ffs :ROFLMAO:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
You can back it that Norf had a considerably better $ offer in front of Griffens Logie. Our pitch would have been one of success v cash.

Reactions: 1 users