#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

Yep. Been a major hate of mine for ages. There's always a couple of clubs going through major list restructuring every year n there needs to be greater flexibility in how much of the cap you spend for the list talent you have available. Would save redeveloping clubs from having to pay massive overs to players not in a position to play at the premium level n would also leave plenty of room to make a play for quality talent when they come available.
Absolutely no sympathy
If they can't stand the heat ..... etc

Reactions: 1 user
Now asking for extra rookie spots, as well as priority picks, to help rebuild.

Dangerous precedent being set if approved.

Remember this is largely Norths own doing and should the AFL reward them for it then the next time a club wants to rebuild they’ll do the same.
- cull senior players and decimate your own list
- have the year from hell winning 0 to 3 games
- sack the coach
- go to AFL with hand out

AFL gives you priority picks, extra rookies and a larger playing list.

Rebuild just fast tracked thanks to AFL with no ramifications for making poor business decisions.

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users
So Norf trade away their 2022 2nd round pick knowing full well it will be low 20s at worse then run cap in hand to the AFL to replace it.

If we trade picks to get Taranto we should ask the question based on precedence

You know it makes sense

Dangerous precedent being set if approved.

Remember this is largely Norths own doing and should the AFL reward them for it then the next time a club wants to rebuild they’ll do the same.
- cull senior players and decimate your own list
- have the year from hell winning 0 to 3 games
- sack the coach
- go to AFL with hand out

AFL gives you priority picks, extra rookies and a larger playing list.

Rebuild just fast tracked thanks to AFL with no ramifications for making poor business decisions.
Will also ask for an extra 4 players on the field and 3 extra players on the bench during games

Now asking for extra rookie spots, as well as priority picks, to help rebuild.

Brad Scott should recuse himself of any decisions on a priority pick and extra rookie selections that lol@norf are asking for.

There's an irony, actually more a stench, that Scott should be part of any of those decisions. After all he is to blame for the position that the Roos find themselves in.

It was Scott who punted Boomer Harvey, Petrie, Nick Dal Santo, Firrito, Thomas, Swallow and Gibson to name a few. Most of those players had another 1 or 2 more years in them.

I hope he gets the Bombers job.

Reactions: 15 users
Is he going for the job? Safer staying at Gestapo headquarters.

• Haha
Brad Scott should recuse himself of any decisions on a priority pick and extra rookie selections that lol@norf are asking for.

There's an irony, actually more a stench, that Scott should be part of any of those decisions. After all he is to blame for the position that the Roos find themselves in.

It was Scott who punted Boomer Harvey, Petrie, Nick Dal Santo, Firrito, Thomas, Swallow and Gibson to name a few. Most of those players had another 1 or 2 more years in them.

I hope he gets the Bombers job.

If that was the case how could Brendan Gale ever be AFL CEO? He would have to recuse himself from every decision.

I think you have to let people get on with their current jobs.

Reactions: 1 users
If that was the case how could Brendan Gale ever be AFL CEO? He would have to recuse himself from every decision.

Would only need to, if, as AFL CEO Richmond were requesting assistance for an error made while he was CEO of the Tigers.

Brad Scott ripped the soul out of the Roos by retiring all those players, I don't believe he should be part of the decision making process in their request for a priority pick and extra rookie selections.

Reactions: 7 users
Would only need to, if, as AFL CEO Richmond were requesting assistance for an error made while he was CEO of the Tigers.

Brad Scott ripped the soul out of the Roos by retiring all those players, I don't believe he should be part of the decision making process in their request for a priority pick and extra rookie selections.
The WWE has more credibility than the AFL.

Contrived as it gets.

• Haha

I'm not sure about that, I think you either have a conflict or you don't.

That is a bit dramatic TBR.

But I do agree with this bit. Senior management in any organisation often have to deal with conflict of interest, perceived or otherwise. Ultimately they deal with it as they see fit, guided by the fact that their mandate is to do what they consider is best for the organisation.

I understand your point Tigerman. However this is ultimately a decision (conflict of interest) which the senior management of the AFL have to make.

You could look at this another way. It could be argued that Brad Scott is actually one of the best positioned people to make an accurate assessment of what support should be given to the kangaroos.

I personally will be very surprised if they get much in the way of draft assistance. The AFL has plenty of evidence to suggest that struggling clubs need help in the football department side of things first, so that they can then make smarter list management decisions including drafting.

Case in point RFC is exhibit A.

I understand your point Tigerman. However this is ultimately a decision (conflict of interest) which the senior management of the AFL have to make.

You could look at this another way. It could be argued that Brad Scott is actually one of the best positioned people to make an accurate assessment of what support should be given to the kangaroos.

I personally will be very surprised if they get much in the way of draft assistance. The AFL has plenty of evidence to suggest that struggling clubs need help in the football department side of things first, so that they can then make smarter list management decisions including drafting.

Case in point RFC is exhibit A.
I agree that the Roos might not "get much in the way of draft assistance" for the reason you stated.
There's also the possibility that if Scott isn't happy with how his coaching career ended at the Roos he may let that cloud his decision making.
I do think that there is a conflict of interests, agree to disagree.

I agree that the Roos might not "get much in the way of draft assistance" for the reason you stated.
There's also the possibility that if Scott isn't happy with how his coaching career ended at the Roos he may let that cloud his decision making.
I do think that there is a conflict of interests, agree to disagree.

Not disagreeing tigerman. I think there is a clear potential conflict of interest either way (he favours them, or he is too hard on them as you suggest might be the case). What I am saying is that Brad Scott is, rightly or wrongly, being paid by the AFL to be part of this decision making process. So we, and the AFL, should trust he will act professionally.

Ultimately is up to AFL senior management to make sure this conflict is managed. That could involve excluding Scott from the process, or reducing his possible influence on the decision by involving other people in that process. Or they don't see it as an issue and let him make the call himself.

I personally favour involving other people in the process, and no doubt the AFL will do that to ensure the best possible decision is made. But what they consider to be the best possible decision clearly is not neccessarily in line with what most of us think the decision should be.