#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Classic Clarkson, following the Hawthorn template, prioritisng the spine, he clearly sees Logue as his Josh Gibson, he'll probably add Cadman to the mix & then look at bringing in another A class mid. I'm actually very bullish on North, I can see the makings of a top 8 team provided they cease offering up large sums to outside types like Jared Polec. Grundy actually makes perfect sense although you'd question whether he would be happy with a reigning wooden spooner.

Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Classic Clarkson, following the Hawthorn template, prioritisng the spine, he clearly sees Logue as his Josh Gibson, he'll probably add Cadman to the mix & then look at bringing in another A class mid. I'm actually very bullish on North, I can see the makings of a top 8 team provided they cease offering up large sums to outside types like Jared Polec. Grundy actually makes perfect sense although you'd question whether he would be happy with a reigning wooden spooner.
So looking at Clarkson at North and if he does go Cadman combined with Larkey & Comben
Coleman Jones is really a square peg

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
So looking at Clarkson at North and if he does go Cadman combined with Larkey & Comben
Coleman Jones is really a square peg
Coleman-Jones is a tweener, not good enough for the ruck, not good enough for a key position post. Chol was the one they should have targeted, much more adaptable & is the perfect chop out player when the first ruck needs a spell.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Clarkson had many fails in recruiting too.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Clarkson had many fails in recruiting too.
He did but he also knows how to build a team from scratch, it's no coincidence that the two recent dynasties have resulted from list managers prioritising the hard to find components first & then adding the finishing touches with astute trading & lowish draft picks. I think Clarke hasn't quite demonstrated that ability as yet although Balta & Gibcus is a decent start, the success ultimately hinging on his ability to find a couple of decent forwards over the next 3-4 years.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
5 years for Logue.
Geez, if a player like Logue can get 5 years, Taranto and Hopper are absolute bargains at 7.

Reactions: 5 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Speaking of 5 year contracts at Norf I just realised Jared Polec is still contracted for 2023!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Norf have been rewarded for been *smile* by getting 2 future draft picks that they must trade this year, so basically it allows them to get Logue and Clark for free………ffs

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Coleman-Jones is a tweener, not good enough for the ruck, not good enough for a key position post. Chol was the one they should have targeted, much more adaptable & is the perfect chop out player when the first ruck needs a spell.
Pretty sure Cholly was always going to the Coast to be with his family.

Reactions: 1 user

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Norf have been rewarded for been *smile* by getting 2 future draft picks that they must trade this year, so basically it allows them to get Logue and Clark for free………ffs
If the system ain't broke, why fix it.................the new moto at Arden Street.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
What a load of garbage. They got themselves in this position so they can get themselves out of it. Geez this competition is so contrived.

Reactions: 3 users