#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

Probably time to let go now Bullus.
On the 25th Anniversary of a bit of scum landing at Punt Road? It deserves a 2 part mini series, narrated by Paisely Days, a third person drama into the dark world of a footballer whose life is ripped apart by an errant fax - starring Craig Biddiscombe playing Rory Hilton and Rory Hilton playing Craig Biddiscombe. Guest appearance by triple premiership player David Wojinski who plays the villain in this trading places romp.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Worst ever draft was 1998, we traded for Biddiscombe and gave up Jude Bolton who went onto play 325 games for Sydney. James White went at pick 40 (4 games) and Matthew Grieg at pick 67 (0 games). Draga went at pick 55 and he looked ok early on but the injury gods weren't kind and he only managed 48 games. Our best pick that year was Ray Hall but he really struggled to find his position, he did play an absolute blinder against Sydney from memory but fair to say he was a classic tweener.
I remember him having a pretty good game against the Saints.
Aaron Hamill was running around trying to intimidate the competition at the time, and we put Ray Hall on him, who was prett handy in the ring. Every time Aaron Hamill poked his head up to play tough man, Ray Hall basically squared up to him. Aaron Hammil was running around with a halo over his head by the end of the first quarter.

Reactions: 2 users
I was talking to an AFL Commissioner earlier this week and the North Melbourne footy club came up.

We were discussing some of the yonger talent and he said "they've got 3 picks inside the top 14 this year too", so unless he's referring to a potential MacKay trade, there is an extra pick for North thats already been approved, whether it's hit the media yet or not!

• Dislike
  • Angry
Reactions: 1 users
I remember him having a pretty good game against the Saints.
Aaron Hamill was running around trying to intimidate the competition at the time, and we put Ray Hall on him, who was prett handy in the ring. Every time Aaron Hamill poked his head up to play tough man, Ray Hall basically squared up to him. Aaron Hammil was running around with a halo over his head by the end of the first quarter.
I really liked Hamill, here's a great example of an undersized player nailing down a key position post.

The worst part about 1998 was the players who went at pick 8 & 24 were very similar in style to the players we traded in. Jude Bolton had Hilton covered in just about every area, Wojcinski would go onto to play 200 games and collect 3 premiership medals. If there was ever a year that summed up the flawed retread approach, this was it. Terry Walllace did bring back the youth policy early on but then slipped into bad habits around the time of Jordy McMahon. I do have a soft spot for Jordy, that kick after the siren effectively produced 3 premierships, he's a hall of famer in a very unconventional sense.

Reactions: 3 users
Makes you sick this vlub always crying poor for charity and what does the afl do bend over. They had the extra pick last year and what they do pick up a reject from Freo.

I really liked Hamill, here's a great example of an undersized player nailing down a key position post.

The worst part about 1998 was the players who went at pick 8 & 24 were very similar in style to the players we traded in. Jude Bolton had Hilton covered in just about every area, Wojcinski would go onto to play 200 games and collect 3 premiership medals. If there was ever a year that summed up the flawed retread approach, this was it. Terry Walllace did bring back the youth policy early on but then slipped into bad habits around the time of Jordy McMahon. I do have a soft spot for Jordy, that kick after the siren effectively produced 3 premierships, he's a hall of famer in a very unconventional sense.
I remember thinking "What the F did you just do" as that ball sailed through, but you're right! He kicked us into a dynasty.

He was actually pretty good company Jordy. Wasn't up himslef at all, though some may argue he didn't have much to be up himself about. We had a few guys on the list that were. Without naming names, two brothers at the club, one a near legend IMO was as down to earth as you'd get. The other, the fringe player was as up himself as you'd find. Jordy wan't much for seafood. A couple of times i caught up with him and some of the other guys, he looked at seafood like Superman looked at Kryptonite. I think he was alergic to it or something.

There wasa guy at the March Airforce Base i knew many moons back in my time in the USA that got the sh!ts as soon as seafood touched his lips. Guys would slip a bit of that or a bit of this into his meals and just wait to see what hasppened next. He'd be eating, then he'd stop because he was starting to realise there was "news coming in fro mthe front" so to speak, and he'd take off for the dunny as quick as his legs could carry him whilst taking the smallest of steps possible. It was cruel, but it was pretty funny. I'm guessing Jordon had the same issue.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
McMahon the first Indian to play at Richmond? Rance wasn't a bad second Indian to join the club later on...

Do we know for a fact we wouldn't have taken Dusty at 1 or 2?
Scully was always the number 1, he was Jackson's first preference. The compo pick I believe was not on the table, only Melbourne could have qualified, think we were 2 points outside of the criteria.

Reactions: 1 user
I was talking to an AFL Commissioner earlier this week and the North Melbourne footy club came up.

We were discussing some of the yonger talent and he said "they've got 3 picks inside the top 14 this year too", so unless he's referring to a potential MacKay trade, there is an extra pick for North thats already been approved, whether it's hit the media yet or not!
Was an article in the Hun suggesting that #Lolnorf will be getting a priority pick in this years draft, but it will be mid first round so that the bottom eight don't get dudded. Pick 2 for being useless, pick 3 compo for McKay, priority pick for being useless and bending over for whatever AFLHQ needs them to do at all times, mid first round.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
"The Roos currently hold picks No.2 and 14 (tied to Port Adelaide) but are also expected to gain pick No.3 for Ben McKay's free agency compensation.

Clubs believe they could also be awarded a mid-first round pick – at No.11 – as part of an assistance package from the AFL, with a potential other pick next year at the end of the first round as part of an extended, staggered handout."

• Angry
  • Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
"The Roos currently hold picks No.2 and 14 (tied to Port Adelaide) but are also expected to gain pick No.3 for Ben McKay's free agency compensation.

Clubs believe they could also be awarded a mid-first round pick – at No.11 – as part of an assistance package from the AFL, with a potential other pick next year at the end of the first round as part of an extended, staggered handout."

So they will end up with picks 2,3,11,16.

Wouldnt be surprised if they package up picks 11 & 16 for GC pick 4.

kinda sick of the charity case that is NMFC

how about channeling the shinboner spirit and head to the abattoir

Reactions: 8 users
Or they could potentially swap 14, 39, 51, & 59 for pick 4. Ending up with picks 2,3,4, & 11...
That's a scary prospect, I think they will attempt to get pick 1, West Coast will want Curtin plus another player, could walk away with Reid & McKercher.

A grade forwards - Larkey, Reid
A grade mids - Davies-Uniake, Simpkin, Wardlaw, McKercher, Thomas, Philips
A grade defenders - Sheezel

Still a few holes in defence but North are coming hard, Richmond will be doing well to keep pace over the next few years.

Reactions: 1 user