#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Worst ever draft was 1998, we traded for Biddiscombe and gave up Jude Bolton who went onto play 325 games for Sydney. James White went at pick 40 (4 games) and Matthew Grieg at pick 67 (0 games). Draga went at pick 55 and he looked ok early on but the injury gods weren't kind and he only managed 48 games. Our best pick that year was Ray Hall but he really struggled to find his position, he did play an absolute blinder against Sydney from memory but fair to say he was a classic tweener.
Why was our 1st pick at #40?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We traded pick 8 to Geelong for Craig Biddiscombe
We traded pick 24 to Brisbane for Rory Hilton
Bloody hell. WTF were we thinking???? I remember speaking to Biddo in the rooms once....good bloke, but geez....I thought trading picks was born later in the 2000s.

Have a look at the Weasel in his early years:

Reactions: 1 user

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Bloody hell. WTF were we thinking???? I remember speaking to Biddo in the rooms once....good bloke, but geez....I thought trading picks was born later in the 2000s.

Have a look at the Weasel in his early years:

Was this Beck or Miller?

Daigoro

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 20, 2004
We traded pick 8 to Geelong for Craig Biddiscombe
We traded pick 24 to Brisbane for Rory Hilton
It was actually the other way around. The trade is listed like that just because of the way the paper work was handed in. It was a complicated 3 or 4 club trade

Reactions: 2 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
It was actually the other way around. The trade is listed like that just because of the way the paper work was handed in. It was a complicated 3 or 4 club trade
That makes a bit more sense, still a horrible return.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah I think it is incorrect to say we traded pick 8 for Biddiscombe.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Yeah I think it is incorrect to say we traded pick 8 for Biddiscombe.
By my reading we gave Geelong pick 8 for Biddiscombe.
IMG_0950.jpeg
That pick 8 was on traded to Sydney who selected Jude Bolton
To get pick 8 Sydney traded Jason Mooney to Geelong