#lolNorf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

#lolNorf

Just wait 3-5 yrs all the kids they are picking up will be at Collingwood, Richmond Sydney and Carlton

Reactions: 1 user
Their next flag has a huge
Asterisk GIF by Wink Laser Studio

Just wait 3-5 yrs all the kids they are picking up will be at Collingwood, Richmond Sydney and Carlton

I am honestly not sure I will care in 3-5 years.

I feel I get more distant from the AFL every year. I have lost my passion for footy at this level.

I can’t believe I am saying that, but it really is how I feel.

Reactions: 15 users

I feel I get more distant from the AFL every year. I have lost my passion for footy at this level.

I've felt that way ever since they blew up the gameplan with improvised netball rules.

Reactions: 9 users

Agree completely.
Didn't bother to watch the majority of finals and skipped the gf.
AFL have destroyed the game.

Reactions: 1 users

But we just won 3 flags

This whole compensation garbage in a competitive sporting league is just shambolic. How on earth does a supposedly professional football club warrant such charity to the detriment of all other clubs?

Imagine you’re a Saints fan. One flag over your existence compared to four at Norf yet they’re getting all these freebies. Such nonsense.

Reactions: 5 users
Compensation picks are a RORT.

North with NO intention of keeping him knowing what Essendon were willing in terms of $ and term , let him go , when their backline is shizen , to get pick 3 from the AFL secret ‘herbs & spices formula’..

This isn’t directly directed at North, but to clubs beforehand in the future.

You finish bottom or bottom spots, say 1-6 for example , you lose a FA youshoyldnt automatically be entitled to a first round pick after your first round.

We only have to look at when the Hawks won the premiership, they lost Buddy to the Swans on a $1 million a year contract for $10 million, they couldn’t match it and let him go.

So the AFL competited them with a first round pick after their first.

To the outsider” this looked unders. Still young, premiership player and massage $.

Fast forward to 2024, as I could go through others since Buddy, but North shouldn’t be entitled to pick 3 compo for losing McKay. They didn’t want him and couldn’t make it any more obvious.

They already have pick 2.
Pick 15, 21. ( first round with Academy push backs).

They have been offered I believe WC pick 1, for their Pick 2 & 3.

Second. Round. Let’s have a look.

North have picks 0

Third Round. Picks 44, 56,

Round Four. Pick 64

That compensation pick for McKay should AFTER their pick 21. Their end of first round.

** Gets rid of this secret herbs and spices mystery formula used for compensation measures.

Every club should be treated equally.

Yes he is a Free Agent, but he really wants to go to Essendon or that sort of money, there should be a ‘ good gesture’ between clubs, Essendon & North , force a pick exchange (S). ?

You want him? Pick 9.

We can’t agree then he is a FA to whichever club who has the best draft pick.

This stops this scenario.

Stupid compensation rule. Gone ✅
Clubs can manipulate it ✅
Clubs have some power as you immediately don’t get ‘the secret herbs & spice pick✅
We are not giving a club a ‘bonus pick’ for being kaka and already getting assistance by the AFL with future picks, while still putting your hand out for “distribution $$$$”✅

Waiting’s view
———————-

Picks By All Clubs
—————————-

TEAMPICKSTOTAL POINTSADEL10, 20, 23, 263851BL29, 50, 60, 661152CARL17, 69, 771074COLL19, 38, 791413ESS9, 30, 51, 722376FRE45, 59, 63617GEEL81551GC11, 18, 31, 37, 61, 65, 70, 733676GWS7, 16, 42, 58, 76, 783276HAW4, 32, 532851MELB6, 14, 27, 35, 414549NMFC2, 3, 15, 21, 44, 56, 647398PORT24, 40, 48, 751516RICH28, 49, 671033STK13, 34, 551961SYD12, 25, 33, 46, 543138WCE1, 22, 36, 43, 57, 625030WB5, 39, 47, 52, 68, 71, 742974

Didn’t we rort the system to give a team a better compo pick? Can’t remember who is was